Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

GNU Order posted:

Ok so somebody asked me a question that I genuinely didn't have an answer for.

Why do most teams still have their camp out of town? Is it just tradition?

I imagine it's at least partly to make sure no one's with their friends and family so they can focus on :siren: FOOTBAWL!!! :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also camp is really fun and you should go.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just wish the Bengals had Hard Knocks every year. Stupid Falcons.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Relentlessboredomm posted:

So just hope for an Andy Dalton-AJ Green regular season style outcome.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bigass Moth posted:

Some fan hung a sign that said "AJ to AJ the future is now" at Bengals camp.

News: Bengals fans are mostly dumbass rednecks.

Views: That is not really news.

pigdog posted:

Meanwhile, Gio :3

Reminder: He spent a lot of the offseason building schools in Haiti.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The DT from the supplemental draft, Ross, who has only played for two years but is a huge freak athlete ended up on the Bengals. Y'all know him?

The guy accidentally lit up Jason Campbell in practice today. Apparently the coaches were basically so enthusiastic about his burst they said "HOLY poo poo THAT WAS AWESOME :parrot: but-seriously-man-don't-hit-the-qb-kthx."

A Pale Horse posted:

Mike Zimmer seems like he'd be a real pain in the rear end to play for, but its going to be fun reading about him being a cranky old bastard to everyone and anyone.

I have literally never heard of a player badmouthing Zimmer in the 5 years he coached for us. CB's actually a good position for the Vikes to be weak in cause Zimmer is amazing at getting iffy corners to play at a high level.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

Tannehill ran the option

Creativity...in my offense?

New storyline: Can Ryan adjust to running towards something after so long running away?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I go on the Bengals website and there are pictures of people with helmets on that weren't taken months ago.

When I was a kid I would go pheasant hunting with my uncle. He had this massive, gargantuan white lab named Bobo. He was one of the dogs we'd use. Dog had a great nose but was so enthusiastic you couldn't keep him close to the guns, we'd often see a pheasant take off about 400 yards away. I've never seen a dog more enthusiastic about anything.

He kinda sorta knew the route to where we went hunting, and about ten minutes away he would realize where we were going and just get so loving excited. He was so large he couldn't really turn around in his kennel. He never really understood this and so when he realized where he was going his feet would rattle like crazy on the plastic bed of the kennel and he'd run into the walls. He had this high pitched whine that would raise steadily as he banged his dopey head against the walls. All you'd hear was:

tapatappat THUNK rheeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEE tapaptappatappa rheeeEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEE thuk tappa

I feel like that.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 26, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mike Brown does that, then smashes the reporter's camera and reclaims the bills.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

That my team will be good this year.

I'm moving back to Cincy from Korea in December and the Bengalsiest thing would be for them to be good the three years I can't go to games and fall to earth when I return.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pigdog posted:

Can't see why not. They upgraded known weak spots at C and second RB, and are loaded at everything else. Of course Dalton can still find ways to lose games, but I'm not seeing any regression.

I agree, but their defense should take a step back without Johnson and Zimmer.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I can't see the drop off from Zimmer to Guenther being too bad but it'll definitely be a downgrade. But I'm really not too broken up about MJ being gone although the team would undoubtedly be better with him. I mean, the defense definitely got worse after Hall and Atkins got hurt but I'm not so sure them being there turns any losses into wins or anything.

I've watched three games this past couple of weeks where MJ was the key reason we won. He's a huge omission. The NE game in particular he batted a ton of easy completions and caused pressure every other snap. I like Gillberry a lot and am optimistic re: Hunt. That said, MJ was either the best or second best member of the Bengals defense last year. It was a huge loss.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, if we're lucky he could be almost as good as Michael Johnson was in 2013 (9 PDEF) or 2012 (11.5 sacks).

Dude had more passes swatted down last year than Watt.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jul 30, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Atticus Finch posted:

Yeah Lamur is pretty important to the team. And it sounds more like Boling/Lamur had the fight and AJ was a part of trying to break it up and that's when he was pushed.

When that happened the crowd yelled "NOT AJ!" lol

It's funny partly because Green has been surprisingly durable considering his frame. You'd think he had Percy Harvin's injury history based on how everyone freaks out.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mind_Taker posted:

Recent success-wise, what team is about on par with Washington?

Because I want to switch my team allegiance but I don't want to be a bandwagoner.

The world needs more Bengals fans.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

korrandark posted:

Why the hostility? We should be banding together in hatred for the more successful and infinitely less likeable members of our division. gently caress the Steelers and the Ravens forever and ever amen. :hfive:

I can't hate any team that hates the Steelers. Browns, Ravens, Raiders, Seahawks, whoever. If your team has a standing rivalry with the Steelers y'all are fine in my book.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

You know who hates the Steelers? The Ravens. :psyboom:

... Yes? I said that?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jeremy Hill is probably a piece of poo poo but Giovanni Bernard is one of the coolest pro athletes around right now so iunno I guess I'll just think about him.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Pretty sure I was posting here back when we were a 7-9 team.

Dude, the guy just listed 7-9 as his best case scenario.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Yea, I know that. It doesn't really have any bearing on the fact that I was posting here before the Hawks were any good, so his accusation of bandwagoning is pretty dumb and wrong unless everyone cheering for the Titans and Rams this year is also a bandwagoner.

You mean the 7-9 team that won a playoff game?

Cause my team hasn't done that in 24 years.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

superaielman posted:

Dennis Allen legit impresses me with the job he has done coaching the Raiders but yeah, I'm inclined to agree. If the Raiders make the playoffs he deserves coach of the year.

If the Raiders make the playoffs he deserves to be appointed god king of Oakland.

Edit: Man, 2003 and 2004 when Marv first turned around the Bengals were great, having a laughingstock team turn into an average to good one is so fun.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 2, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Right before the 2010 season Carson Palmer bought his O-line a segway each. I got to talk to Bobbie Williams during camp and begged him for video of O-line drills on the segways but apparently their position coach banned them. :negative:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tyler Eifert supposedly has been catching everything in camp. Don't be surprised if he's the #1 in the regular season.

Apparently he dominated the targets in a padded practice/mock game.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ProfessorGroove posted:

I went to the Vikings night scrimmage/practice yesterday. Cordarrelle Patterson was being covered by Xavier Rhodes all night and Rhodes got the best of him, including a sick leaping interception.

Cassel and Bridgewater looked pretty similar I'm not sure if that's good because Bridgewater is a rookie and Cassel's a vet or bad because Bridgewater looked like Cassel.

Ponder threw two passes and completed neither.

Be prepared for your corners to play like they're probowlers regardless of actual ability. That's Zim's calling card.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Atticus Finch posted:

Bengals rookie report:
Russell Bodine, C (4) - very dumb, very bad at snapping, very strong though.

Where are you seeing this?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Atticus Finch posted:

Congrats on your new Andy Dalton.

You mean the guy who's had either the fastest or second fastest average release in the NFL for a couple years now?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Atticus Finch posted:

The release isn't the problem.

Dalton averaged something crazy like 2.3 seconds from snap to throw. Holding onto the ball too long is very rarely his problem.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
At this point I'd put money on the Jags claiming whichever receiver the Bengals try to get to practice squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Atticus Finch posted:

Bengals DT Devon Still may be in a battle for the fourth DT spot according to the Bengals.com writer. The Bengals cutting the guy who recently found out his 4-year-old daughter had cancer would be the shittiest move ever.

4th probably makes it.

• Locked thread