Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Jesus christ Bills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Guys we're so close to seeing JFF absolutely destroying scrubs in preseason games

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I hope the Raiders just skip training camp

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

@BairCSN: Sources confirm DJ Hayden doesn’t have an ankle injury. It’s his foot.

that lisfranc tho

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Raiders CB DJ Hayden will be out all of TC after surgery repairing a stress fracture in his foot

One of these years he'll actually go to training camp

Raiders also cut LB Kevin Burnett

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 25, 2014

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The Raiders are also probably going to have an Oline that is returning only one starter from last year (Center)

It's like TFFs wet dream

edit: New QB1, QB2, RB1, WR1

AW YEAH

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 25, 2014

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

For whatever it's worth after two days everyone says Brian Hoyer looks really good.

WR Greg Little is making circus catches in camp soooo

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Haha I actually had to Google what team Ted Ginn is on

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

I feel like... cardinals?

Apparently!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

From the early looks from camp it looks like Schaub2Streater will probably be a thing

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Re-open the AFCW divisional thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHNw1LmnZTM

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

soggybagel posted:

Now send a Chiefs fan to the Raiders training camp.

Nothing happens because the Raiders camp is under complete lockdown and the fans are hand picked for the special privilege to view the camp. It's 1984 as poo poo

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Jaysus posted:

Volkerball will be happy to know that Pryor is killin' it in camp. 2 deep TDs to Richardson and a sweet one against the blitz to Walters just now.

:unsmith:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Good lord what an awful pick.

Is this what the DHB pick looked like at the time? I was in way too much denial for 2 years or so

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

DupaDupa posted:

Seems like a lot of training camps have been getting fairly chippy. Lamarr Houston has been involved in three already throughout OTAs and training camp.

He does that

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Field goals are super easy vs no defense

edit: Unless he was kicking against a goal line unit

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

Remember before 2012 when Raiders fans were all talking poo poo about Crabtree like 'I guess Al Davis knew what he was doing after all :smug:' and then Crabtree promptly puts up a 1000 yard season once Kaepernick takes over the starting job? That was pretty funny.

I may have felt some schadenfreude when Crabtree performed terribly, but I knew that even if the Raiders took him that he would have been a bust

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

quote:

The Raiders ended practice Wednesday with a two-minute drill where the offense needed to score a touchdown to win.

Quarterback Matt Schaub, who has been extremely sharp since the Raiders went to padded practices Sunday, got the Raiders in the end zone on the 10th play of the drive with a short flip to Denarius Moore in the back of the end zone.

Schaub patiently completed short passes down the field, moving the chains and exhausting the clock until the touchdown, which came when Moore got free against Chimdi Chekwa.

“It definitely feels pretty crisp, but there’s always stuff we can clean up, things we can get better at,”Schaub said. “We’re not there yet, but it’s some quality work we’re getting in and a good defense we’re seeing on a day to day basis. We’re just trying to make each other better.”

Wide receiver Rod Streater, stayed out of team sessions while recovering from a concussion, can see the difference in the offense with Schaub in command.

“He’s been very impressive, completing a lot of passes compared to what we were last year,” Streater said. “It’s looking way better. His two-minute drive ended with a touchdown so I think we’re way ahead of where we were last year.”

b...baby steps right guys?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Who is going to play WR in Jacksonvilles first preseason game?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Ehud posted:

Me and you.

I tend to think of myself as a slower, shorter Marcedes Lewis with worse hands

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

@JaysonBraddock
RT @APMarkLong: Jaguars say WR Allen Robinson re-injured same hamstring that kept him out during OTAs
RT @APMarkLong: Jaguars WR Tandon Doss down and in serious pain. Possible broken right ankle

WR1
1. Cecil Shorts
2. Allen Robinson
3. Tandon Doss
4. Chad Bumphis
5. Allen Hurns
WR2
1. Marqise Lee
2. Mike Brown
3. Ace Sanders
4. Lamaar Thomas
5. Kerry Taylor
WR3
1. Allen Robinson

They of course have Marquise Lee, but Mike Brown is barely a WR4 and the rest of the dudes are practice squad material. Dear lord

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

SlipUp posted:

the robinson injury stings but it's doubtful anyone is gonna mourn the loss of tandon doss

No, but at some point you need a body to line up someone outside the tight end who knows the playbook

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Is there a reason Blackmon isn't on the list?

ooh I just grabbed the roster off of Rotoworld, I guess indefinite suspension takes you off

Great White Hope posted:

Wait, what happened to Shorts?

Injured Hammy

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Volkerball posted:

I'm starting to think it's more likely than going 4-12. This camp might be the best I've ever heard from them. Everything is clicking, all the players are insanely motivated. It feels different. Staying healthy, this team could easily push for 7-9. Easily.

I've read every tweet, read every article, from every_single_day of Raiders training camps since ~2007 and I've never seen such positive reactions like these coming from even the most cynical beat writers.

Hype

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

We need a list of players who are having an awful camp

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Colt Lyerla
Tom Savage
Denarius Moore
Eric Ebron
Jace Amaro
Justin Britt
Stanley Jean-Baptiste
Ryan Nassib
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Jimmy Garoppolo
Jon Baldwin
Christian Ponder
Jordan Palmer
Mike Adams
Da'Rick Rogers
Knowshon Moreno

all bad

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Weren't most reports from the Raiders that Wilson was just unbelievably dense and couldn't learn the playbook?

The Raiders are a QB hungry team that has a GM/HC that are under extreme scrutiny about every move they make regarding the draft and whose jobs are on the line and they still decided to release him asap. That's how bad Tyler Wilson is.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Kelvin doesn't give a gently caress about yall

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

1 (5) - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo - Looks great, ferocious, instant day 1 starter
2 (36) - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State - Looks great for a rookie, progressing as well as you'd want him to
3 (81) - Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State - Looks great, should be starter at guard very soon
4 (107) - Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech - Looks good/great, sometimes can eat up two blockers, sometimes not
4 (116) - Keith McGill, CB, Utah - Looks pretty good
7 (219) - Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio - Star of this draft class so far apparently, been running with the 1's
7 (235) - Shelby Harris, DE, Illinois State - Looks great
7 (247) - Jonathan Dowling, SS, Western Kentucky - Looks pretty good

A++ Would draft again, best draft class of millennium so far

edit: compared to last year

quote:

1. DJ Hayden, CB, Houston - Hurt a lot
2. Menelik Watson, T, Florida State - Starter at RT
3. Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut - Awesome at SLB, switching to WLB this year
4. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas - lol bad, With the Titans
6a. Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado - hurt
6b. Latavius Murray, RB, Central Florida - Should be 3rd string RB behind Run DMC and MJD
6c. Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee - Could be starting TE?
6d. Stacy McGee, DT Oklahoma - Just got off NFI list
7a. Brice Butler, WR, San Diego State - Might make team if they keep 6 WRs
7b. David Bass, DE, Missouri Western State - Chicago Bears

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 4, 2014

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

can you say that a Raider is looking really good if they're playing exclusively against other Raiders at this point?

Say you have a favorite ax for chopping wood. One day the head of the ax chips and you decide to have a new one shipped in from houston. Then the next day the wooden shaft decides to break and you go out and buy a new one. Is it the same ax? The ax was lovely in the first place though. In fact you're not sure why you ever liked that ax to begin with

in an unrelated note the Oakland Raiders will be scrimmaging with the Dallas Cowboys soon and I can answer your question then

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Khalil Mack got embarrassed in his last collegiate game by a 20 year old running back who went crazy and thinks that the messiah is some guy on the internet.

Looks like the result of every play was

1. Run away from Mack
2. Triple/Double Team Mack
2. Mack makes the play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPIW4C6C94w

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Raiders officially released their unofficial depth chart

Greg Little over Denarius Moore is a little odd, as is James Jones not starting

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

I genuinely forgot the Raiders signed James Jones this offseason. Free agency feels like forever ago.

How am I supposed to feel about Tarrell Brown and Carlos Rodgers

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I'm just glad the entire team has changed over the last 3 years and I don't have to yell about Jacoby Ford or Johnnie Lee Higgins or lots of other lovely players again. I mean, there are new players to be mad about but still

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I legitimately don't know what to feel as a Chargers fan looking at that depth chart.

Intrigued?

A Pryor-led team beat the Chargers last year, I wonder what an actual QB will do to them

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The same guy who beat the Chargers last year with the 2-14 Houston Texans

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east.

Until the rivers run dry, and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves

Ross and Volkerball/I will bicker about Raiders/Chargers as they split games and the Chargers somehow back into playoffs

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

swickles posted:

Steelers:

Dri Archer seems like he is going to torment people. I hope Brad Wing makes the team and taunts on every single punt, fake or not. Ryan Shazier seems to have solidified his starting role. Sean Spence as a third stringer, I hope the guy can get healthy and have a breakout year. Dude has been derailed his entire pro-career by injuries after a promising college one. Also, hopefully Jarvis Jones is ready to step up and isn't jsut "welp we drafted him early, lets toss him in at #1." CB is shaping up as I expected. I hope McCullers either makes the practice squad, or is stashed away because I think he is a great development project.

Who is Markus Wheaton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

From what I understand, the 1st and 3rd string guys are made of glass and the 2nd string guy just tore his acl

• Locked thread