Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000364802/article/2014-nfl-training-camp-reporting-dates-and-locations

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

GNU Order posted:

Ok so somebody asked me a question that I genuinely didn't have an answer for.

Why do most teams still have their camp out of town? Is it just tradition?

Tradition.

Giants stopped when they realized their own home facilities were better then whenever they could go for camp after the lockout. Then again they have a pretty sweet complex with multiple outdoor fields and a full length indoor.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Giants might start camp with 6 non scrubs on the PuP.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

David Wilson is cleared to break his neck and get paralyzed on live TV!

Oh and Chris Snee's retirement is official. He was planning on coming back, but injury problems forced him out.

Now only Eli and the long snapper are left from '07.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

When are the Jets going to stop training in bumfuck nowhere?

I *might* go to Giants camp tomorrow.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Gronk has been cleared to fully participate in camp. No PuP list.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

1st ACL of camp?

quote:

John Harbaugh said CB Aaron Ross tore Achilles during conditioning test this morning. Out for season. #RavensTalk

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

MourningView posted:

Reggie Wayne didn't even play half the season last year and who knows where he is now. Hakeem Nicks is constantly injured hasn't had a good year since 2011. TY Hilton is okay. It's a pretty bad group skill position players.

If Nicks foot is better he's a legit #1.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Training camp is when you get that (awesome) poo poo out of the way so you don't have to see it (maybe work) in the regular season.

Not all the time of course but every year there's a lot of stuff that gets talked about that never seems to be brought out once the games matter.

The Jets are totally putting in a super secret Tebow package!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

lol

quote:

The New York Giants are setting lofty goals for their new offense in 2014 as new quarterbacks coach Danny Langsdorf has challenged Eli Manning to complete 70 percent of his passes.

"It hasn't been done very often, so that's the ultimate goal," Langsdorf said before Giants practice Monday. "I think it's been done eight or nine times, maybe? That's an impressive statistic in the history of the league. So that's what we're gunning for, that 70 percent."

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

So Odell Beckham hasen't practiced at all because of a bad hamstring and apparently he had some sort of meeting with Coughlin about how he really wants to play and isn't milking it or some poo poo.

So this is apparently "a thing".

Like, if the dude has a bum leg he's got a bum leg, let him get healthy.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Sour Diesel posted:

Jernigan's injury today is being reported as nothing serious. Which is good because he's been getting a lot of praise.

It was against a goal line unit.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Play_Of_The_Day_Tucker_Nails_63Yarder/9f5956a4-5028-4b22-8eeb-ef2643869f14

Got real sad for a second till I realized you were talking about Tim.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Benne posted:

We were talking about rookie TEs earlier and welp

lol Jets

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Jaamal Charles juked a guy so bad at practice the player broke his leg.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

RIP Hakeem. I thought you were going to be something special.

quote:

We haven't heard much about Hakeem Nicks in his first training camp with the Indianapolis Colts.

Perhaps there's a reason for that.

Colts offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton acknowledged Saturday that Nicks doesn't appear to be working at full capacity as the team rolls into the August portion of training camp.

"Yeah, I don't know if I can say that I've seen enough," Hamilton said, according to Tom James of The (Terre Haute, Ind.) Tribune-Star. "I think he is still working to get himself in game shape."

It's a troubling assessment of Nicks, who started 15 games and didn't score a touchdown during his final season with the New York Giants.

Nicks, 26, has the potential to be an ideal complement to T.Y. Hilton and Reggie Wayne, but motivation -- and/or lingering physical issues -- linger as significant concerns.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

At Giants camp. Eli looks great when nobody is rushing him.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Eli high fived me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

E:phone posting

• Locked thread