Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wait guys give me a few posts
i can tell if merk is scum or not

hey merk are you scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I find the merk wagon suspect (is it a wagon if it is only 2 people + CPig who since bailed on it). I think it is way more likely that scum are jumping on a perceived opportunity to get a strong player lynched d1.

I think the scum is a mushroom.

##vote LCV

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
poo poo here I am ##vote cpaitalism pig

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Bigup DJ posted:

poo poo here I am ##vote cpaitalism pig
Can I ask how you justify the idea of a scum with a dayvig?

merk posted:

Although I disagree that I'm trying beyond even the slightest bit, why is "trying too hard" scummy?
Trying too hard to fit in and look productive, to produce a solid case when there isn't really much room for anything but gut reads yet.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
how did I vote bigup dj??

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

Seen it before. Play enough games and you've seen everything. Don't fall into the trap of clearing people because of your assumptions about the setup.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bigup DJ posted:

how did I vote bigup dj??
cpaitalism pig isn't a player name, and someone set it to alias to you. You can clear the alias in votefinder if you login. Or you can just revote and spell good this time.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Grandicap posted:

cpaitalism pig isn't a player name, and someone set it to alias to you. You can clear the alias in votefinder if you login. Or you can just revote and spell good this time.

is this your idea of a loving joke?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Grandicap posted:

I think the scum is a mushroom.

##vote LCV

I was thinking the same thing, I didn't like the back-to-back posts even without the phony-seeming pause in the middle to think it over.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bigup DJ posted:

Nope, probably Pig's idea of a joke. I am just telling you how to fix it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Grandicap posted:

Nope, probably Pig's idea of a joke. I am just telling you how to fix it.

Hey don't blame me, I'd never stoop so low.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bigup DJ posted:

Someone seems a little upset about the whole thing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bigup DJ posted:

It seemed a pretty chaste joke to me.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

i'll gently caress you up poison mushroom - don't even THINK about messing with me

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Poison Mushroom posted:

:downsrim:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bigup DJ posted:

i'll gently caress you up poison mushroom - don't even THINK about messing with me

:catstare:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I kind of think it's funny when big up is all aggressive like this.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Poison Mushroom posted:

Trying too hard to fit in and look productive, to produce a solid case when there isn't really much room for anything but gut reads yet.

I have a legitimate case based on more than a gut read. Analyzing games under the predisposition that you can't make real cases until some temporal objective has passed is weak sauce.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

mr.capps posted:

wait guys give me a few posts
i can tell if merk is scum or not

hey merk are you scum?

no friend

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

merk posted:

no friend

I dunno guys merk doesn't seem scum to me.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

mr.capps posted:

I dunno guys merk doesn't seem scum to me.

But what if he actually was scum?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Juanito (2): merk, CapitalistPig
merk (2): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Meinberg, Poison Mushroom
Bigup DJ (1): Bigup DJ
Poque (1): JakeP
Poison Mushroom (1): Grandicap

Not Voting (6): DGK2000, Hal Incandenza, Juanito, mr.capps, Pander, Poque

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 23rd, 2014 at 9 p.m. MDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Meinberg posted:

But what if he actually was scum?
Would anyone really do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Would anyone really do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

yeah poison mushroom, would they?? maybe you can enlighten us...

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

merk posted:

There is no frustration, outrage, or any negative reaction to what you did emotionally for me. I think you're scum for it. It's that simple.

When I made my vote, I just had an inkling that what you did was scummy. Your reactions, however, sealed the deal. You have completely disregarded what the Op says about not revealing masonry to try to justify your initial position. You reacted rather than tried to think about the situation critically. It looks fake. It looks like you're scum.

Oh yeah, no negative reaction. :rolleyes:

except for the part where you decide I'm scum, and..

merk posted:

Yeah, I'm voting Juanito until he or I is removed from the game. See you in a few days.

That's a positive, very town way to play, merk. Too bad your "big baby gambit" failed and you had to show up and post some more after people reacted negatively to you, instead of jumping on your weak attempted bandwagon on me.

merk posted:

I don't know how to do nested quotes for the last post. Read that in context. Look at his reaction to my initial vote. He has no idea why he outed his mason partner. There is no critical thought into what is happening. He's scrambling to try to explain away what he just did and my vote with it.

That is how scum play. That is the fake content you would expect from a scum player.
Really? That's how scum plays? Wrong. Scum doesn't usually reveal things like that. You said it, "no critical thought into what is happening" .. is that a scum way to play? No. Scum is careful about their responses and what they say/reveal, which obviously isn't how I'm playing.

and "I'm scrambling to explain away" -- huh? I haven't had to scramble to explain anything. I've made it clear I claimed because I didn't care. You've had to scramble to make a case on me, and pretend it most certainly means that I'm scum, even though you know that it doesn't, at all.

##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You said you claimed because you were no longer concerned about your mason, not because you didn't care. You're also pulling out whatever negative words you can to explain away my vote.

What are we doing here, folks? This dude is scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
eh im not convinced

last time I saw a merk ultimatum opop got a merk scum bingo

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

merk posted:

You said you claimed because you were no longer concerned about your mason, not because you didn't care. You're also pulling out whatever negative words you can to explain away my vote.

What are we doing here, folks? This dude is scum.

You got me there.

"you said you claimed because you were no longer concerned about your mason not because you didn't care"

great case, merk :jerkbag:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gotta admit this is entertaining, though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JakeP posted:

eh im not convinced

last time I saw a merk ultimatum opop got a merk scum bingo

Go back and read Juanito and then read my case.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poison Mushroom posted:

Gotta admit this is entertaining, though.

you seem very content to just sit back, snipe, and let this happen. ##vote mushroom

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

Go back and read Juanito and then read my case.

I just reread juanito and I do actually get a scummy vibe from him, but not for the reasons that you jumped on him for initially, and most of the posting that made me think he was scummy came after your ultimatum, so I wonder if this is an aggressive bus?

my mafia MMR is pretty low so I am prolly wrong

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Let me carry you through this game. Hop on my shoulders.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Make Soru add ranked matches to votefinder so there is more drama from terrible setups and players

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poque posted:

you seem very content to just sit back, snipe, and let this happen. ##vote mushroom
I already used my vote to express my feelings, though? v:v:v

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

##vote juanito

Playing a scum game. You made a bunch of nonsensical moves early trying to seem real casually engaged, double down on whatever defenses are within grasping distance when you ping people, try to make a real-sounding OMGUS to engage in what would hopefully be viewed as a slapfight with the biggest opponent...it's essentially the laundry list of what should have got me lynched in the last game I played.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Confirm.

Just caught up. I'm torn, because this behavior from CPig feels really scummy, but giving a Scum vig powers seems incredibly unbalanced. I have to assume he's town, just because the alternative is terrifying.

The Juanito/merk slapfight isn't looking good for either side, but I'm kind of used to this behavior from merk. Sitting on my vote for now.
Also agree with poque, mushroom's been scummy. Provides a waffle on cpig without saying anything, attempts to dismiss merk/juanito as a slapfight almost immediately, and says he doesn't want to move his vote despite the fact he didn't have a vote on anyone at that time.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Whatever. Pander, you know I'm not scum, and you won't be surprised when I flip town. But I understand you siding with merk. No surprise there.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Why does Pander know you aren't scum

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sorry I haven't been super-attentive, been doing a lot of phoneposting the last couple days because my modem was being a poo poo. Now that I'm not typing with a lovely touch keyboard, let me elaborate on my feelings in more detail, if only to get a bit of information out there before I'm lynched D1/D2 again.

Juanito: Juanito is taking merk's case and voting of him very personally, and this post continues the trend of raising the same red flags as well. This all despite that he's only at -4, more than a day from deadline. I don't like how he bent over backwards to constantly remind us that his ":siren: mason partner :siren:" went killing. Maybe I'd believe it if he'd said something like "confirmed mason partner", but just being masons is absolutely nothing of note in this game. Together, it all stinks of false outrage, pretending to be upset about this horrible unfair behavior he's been getting, while actually contributing nothing but an OMGUS.

Would vote.

merk: While Juanito is being hyper-defensive, merk is being hyper-aggressive. Or rather, that was the read I was getting when I was posting from my phone last night. On a re-read, I still feel he's being quite aggressive, but my conviction is less absolute now. It's not enough to make me unvote him, but it's enough to make me question if he's the only one playing into this.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I'm getting a feeling like this "slap fight", as I called it, is entirely artificial distancing between two scumbros. Just because Juanito's mason is a CPigDVig (which I'm still 90% sure makes him town), that doesn't mean he couldn't also coordinate through the good old-fashioned scumdoc.

Smaller thoughts: I'm liking Pander's hunting so far, Poque's case has been very "me too", and I'm not sure I buy BigUp's "look how wacky and non-serious I am!" act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Juanito posted:

Whatever. Pander, you know I'm not scum, and you won't be surprised when I flip town. But I understand you siding with merk. No surprise there.
Why do I know you're not scum?

• Locked thread