Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I can't say no to True Detective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Mafia Edit Team me with mr.capps. I too want to be the King in Yellow.

This game is only loosely based on the King in Yellow, so you won't actually be in the game...

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Poque posted:

I've never watched the show. But I also never plan to do so.

I thought at some point you'd be cool to hang out with.

Never been so wrong about anything.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

fair warning I'm gonna be super busy at work this week, so sporadic interfacing with masons.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

There's also no reason to do so? I mean, are you trying to put pressure on Cpig or what? What purpose did it serve that OOT talking to him wouldn't?

It's like casually playing poorly on purpose.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Juanito posted:

I actually agree with this. merk pretends to be outraged because I revealed my masonry, as if he knows for a fact that this is a bad thing (which he doesn't-- unless he has information that I don't).

"Oh no, the super duo of Cpig/Juan masonry has been revealed, the game is over. :qq: kill me or kill him" -merk

You revealed your masonry as if you have information that it WON'T hurt in ways beyond "my partner's used his dayvig".

Why would it matter that he's used his dayvig or not? Say he didn't. Why would revealing the masonry before that point be dangerous, but afterward it wouldn't?

You seem to be making a LOT of assumptions here.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Juanito: Either you are proposing that Opop is misleading us when he recommends against revealing masonries, or you have information that confirms there's no risk to you revealing it, or else you are simply playing in an anti-town manner (a quality which you're making GBS threads on your mason partner for having, ironically).

Think about it. All masonries are unconfirmed, nobody knows their partner's role, so theoretically there's no apparent risk in revealing masonries. However, Opop advised against it. That is the information we have to act on. So what information do you have that I don't that says it's just fine to ignore the mod's advice?

Also: Not a fan of preemptively dismissing a mason partner. It smacks of excuse-making to avoid putting yourself out there in private comms.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Juanito posted:

sorry about my :siren:mason partner:siren:

have fun doing good in the DR!

Your tone feels off. You're trying to mix an aggressive defense to merk's charges while acting all indifferent and casual.

Why take the gamble, Juan? What did it gain you?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Meinberg posted:

I don't know, I'm getting a genuine vibe from Pander here. I think that's he's just easily outraged by things.

I'm not outraged, I just don't get the point of a gambit from which he stands to gain absolutely nothing.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

##vote juanito

Playing a scum game. You made a bunch of nonsensical moves early trying to seem real casually engaged, double down on whatever defenses are within grasping distance when you ping people, try to make a real-sounding OMGUS to engage in what would hopefully be viewed as a slapfight with the biggest opponent...it's essentially the laundry list of what should have got me lynched in the last game I played.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Confirm.

Just caught up. I'm torn, because this behavior from CPig feels really scummy, but giving a Scum vig powers seems incredibly unbalanced. I have to assume he's town, just because the alternative is terrifying.

The Juanito/merk slapfight isn't looking good for either side, but I'm kind of used to this behavior from merk. Sitting on my vote for now.
Also agree with poque, mushroom's been scummy. Provides a waffle on cpig without saying anything, attempts to dismiss merk/juanito as a slapfight almost immediately, and says he doesn't want to move his vote despite the fact he didn't have a vote on anyone at that time.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Juanito posted:

Whatever. Pander, you know I'm not scum, and you won't be surprised when I flip town. But I understand you siding with merk. No surprise there.
Why do I know you're not scum?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

JakeP posted:

Why does Pander know you aren't scum

Take the dog out and this happens. Oops.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

Juanito: Juanito is taking merk's case and voting of him very personally, and this post continues the trend of raising the same red flags as well. This all despite that he's only at -4, more than a day from deadline. I don't like how he bent over backwards to constantly remind us that his ":siren: mason partner :siren:" went killing. Maybe I'd believe it if he'd said something like "confirmed mason partner", but just being masons is absolutely nothing of note in this game. Together, it all stinks of false outrage, pretending to be upset about this horrible unfair behavior he's been getting, while actually contributing nothing but an OMGUS.

Given the fact Opop said that all masons would be unconfirmed, why would you believe him if he said something like confirmed mason partner?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

I have a reason.

The entire shtick of this game appears to be "everyone has a partner they don't know if they can trust". I don't believe you have a reason.

Juanito: This is my issue with your reasoning. All the following are quotes from you, emphasis mine.

"Because I'm not afraid of my mason partner anymore?"
"My PM doesn't give me any reason to be concerned. I take risks."
"There is nothing dangerous about claiming my masonry when the other mason shot his dayvig."
"Do you really think I'm going to bother with OOT chat with Cpig? He shot his dayvig a few posts into D1."
"Wouldn't be worth the effort of opening a spreadsheet or even sending a PM. Hay Cpig, tell me your thoughts."
"Because it's Cpig, also: he wasted a dayvig like an hour after day 1 started."
"Have you ever bounced an idea off of Cpig? I'm only glad I didn't when he had the dayvig."
"Opop says "may not".. so there is only the possibility. It's a gamble I was willing to take."
"What did I lose from it? Other than fake outrage from merk and Pander? Nobody else really cares."
" I've made it clear I claimed because I didn't care."

It doesn't look like you didn't care at first. Early on you look like you're trying to frame what you did as a safe, a-okay move, even tossing your PM up as an unassailable shield. The earlier reasons given focus around how 'safe' newly-neutered Cpig is, then shift to how bad/useless he is in general, then about how you were willing to take a risk despite the OP, then about how nobody cares least of all you.

It's a lot of re-framing your position. Like I said, it looks a lot like how I felt D1 as scum in the Hunger Games thread when Lumpen latched onto something I said that I thought was innocuous.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I like your tone lately. Wanted to do due diligence cause you were inconsistent. Inconsistency isn't necessarily a scum-only trait, and your don't care does feel stronger than your oh crap.

##unvote

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I don't like the "voting him until he or I dies" thing because the strongest association I have with it was when he used it on xopods in the CYOR as scum. Not confident in it enough to vote him for it, cause I couldn't find any other examples of him doing this in his past 15 completed games or so.

Poison actually put in some effort in his post, which is the only thing making me hesitate from voting him. It looks like a lot of nothing fluffed up without much basis. Like he's trying to sound more towny than he actually feels.

Want to vote the semi-lurkers, like Bigup, more than people actually posting now.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

##vote bigupdj

Didn't realize it was deadline night. Actually went out tonight, spent time meeting new people. I HAVE PROOF OF THIS!

Also not sure if he's hammered or not.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Poque and meinberg are the two I dislike the most. Poque's case on me feels like bullshit. Yes, I was pushing juanito while unsure if he was scum. Pushing someone is how you can really tell if they're scum, gauge their reaction. Juan's reaction was pretty legit, so I backed off him. Casework and evidence against him doesn't mean he's scum.

Meinberg's main motivation today was pushing merk/juanito as the only vote possibility for the day, and he strongly resisted a bigup vote despite no reason better than bigup might be a dumb town. He wasn't really reading bigup, he was just pushing the narrative he hoped people would accept.

Meinberg posted:

He went from an early joke phase persona to something more serious
See that looks like something bigup would have complained about to meinberg in PMs rather than something meinberg would have concluded himself.

I think juanito and merk are both town, largely because that's what bigup was pushing. He knew it was town and couldn't really articulate any fabricated reason to vote either person. So he cases both of them as town, tried to be the voice of reason.

Grandicap would be a good target for bigup to try to distance from. He's the only person bigup pushes, and bigup pushes him with almost no case at all. Bigup clearly wasn't very good scum, so some awkward distancing may be par for the course.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Speaking as someone who now realizes he should have probably not been so goofy, I rescind that offer until a more proper time arises. Cause...shut up?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I don't think Jake's scum. He joined on Bigup just after Capps did. It's a big step toward making momentum shift to him instead of merk/juanito. Feels too early for scum bussing.

Poque's looks like the belated bus. Goes for Merk to swing momentum, then jumps off after Poison puts a nail in the coffin when bigup gives an incredibly convenient super-scum post.

Meinberg's position on bigup is absolutely baffling because even if meinberg isn't scum trying to save bigup, he has to know there's no shot bigup is long for the world. The best case for him would have been if neither merk nor I showed up, but even then it's a no-lynch that he looks super-scummy for regardless of bigup's flip. Meinberg: What specific posts did you see as silly? Or dumb? Those are nice generalistic terms to throw out, but he was all-but scumclaiming with some posts ("I called you town!") and professing earnestness in his reads that belie arguments that he was joking around.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

mr.capps posted:

how am i scum i am hero who help kill bigup dj the villian

This. Capps, Jake, and PM all look pretty towny based on D1 votes and options at hand.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Well poo poo :(

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Juanito posted:

I think merk's comments during twilight, regarding Bigup / Grandi being scum were good, but I have a hard time believing that Grandi would lurk so bad on D1 if he were scum.

He says work. Why couldn't it be true AND he's scum?

Why's Meinberg town to you?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Grandicap posted:

I disagree. PM is the 4th vote and it occurs once Bigup starts self-destructing and he unvotes which could have derailed the lynch entirely.
I still think a mushroom is the scum.
##vote LCV

I don't see it. He still pushed BigUp before everyone else did, and his timing wasn't that suspect.

In retrospect, Juanito's timing was worse, because he also got back off BigUp shortly after joining it to push Merk again.

Meinberg and Junaito would be interesting as a pairing, holding off the vote in hopes of a no-lynch, cause there's not much reason for juanito and Meinberg to do what they did at the end of D1 otherwise. Merk wasn't happening, so what the hell were they hoping for?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I think you're the one trying to misrepresent things grandicap. I think PM was pretty reasonable yesterday. You look like you're striving for a narrative to hold onto, to wash away the stink Bigup put on you with that awful distancing.

I also think you'd take your shot with killing merk, because if he's alive today he'd push you hard and drive your lynch. Better the WIFOM of "would grandicap do that" than merk shouting "lynch grandicap he's scum!"

Why wouldn't you push Juanito as scum, Grandicap? Juanito joined the bigup train then got off and seemed to try to swing a last-second merk lynch with poque (who ALSO looks suspect if you want to point to people who seem to vote bigup disingenuously).

You're pushing a really weak PM case for reasons that other people are far more clearly guilty of.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Grandicap posted:

First off, you were 90 minutes before deadline. That isn't a turbohammer. You voted then unvoted 7 minutes later, it was the show of a vote, rather than an actual intention to vote. At the end of the day, when it was going to happen anyway you hopped back on.

I think it is scummy, I am voting you for it. I don't like how you are trying to represent your part in the lynch last night. It makes you feel even more scummy.

See like what the gently caress? Why is holding off on the bigup vote bad? Yeah, it's showing a vote while not actually having a vote down. That's fine! PM had done a lot of back and forths and pressuring with bigup. It's pretty clear how PM felt about Bigup. There were still 90 minutes of time left, and in those 90 minutes bigup kept talking.

You say it's scummy. It's not. It's pretty drat towny play, letting the day play out as much as possible while still remaining present to ensure that there isn't a no-lynch, ie that 30-minute-left revote. In that time Bigup posted several more times, and more posts from folks before they die are always good things.

I've been re-reading the end of yesterday, and it reads real well for PM. Very active, very pro-active.

If you're not scum pushing a false narrative then you're really off-kilter about what constitutes scum play.

Like Poque's end of D1 was 10x scummier than PM's.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

HOLY gently caress SATURDAY DEADLINE THIS GAME

Okay

Like nobody's even -4 yet.

So who's HERE? PM?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Meinberg posted:

I'm here, and also didn't realize tonight was deadline.

Do you guys voting for Grandi think that BigUp was trying to ineffectively bus him?

That'd be main reason I'd vote for him. Bigup was pretty clearly trying to buddy up to me to make me seem scummy, and it'd kinda make sense he'd try to play with grandicap in the opposite manner. Couple that with Grandicap's kinda bizarre reads, yeah.

You're my other strong read meinberg, because I still cannot fathom who you actually intended to realistically lynch yesterday. Would you have let it no-lynch?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Yeah I asked that and never got an answer.

Meinberg: You said you wouldn't vote bigup yesterday. What evidence was that based on? What were you going to do to promote an alternate lynch?

Meinberg posted:

Bigup DJ is clearly joking with his whole anger deal, but hasn't popped in since then. Maybe he's been busy IRL? Still, that's a long period to be away for.

Meinberg posted:

He went from an early joke phase persona to something more serious. I don't like him thinking so many people are town, but that could be put on poor play rather than scummy play.

Meinberg posted:

Bigup may seem like an escape from the rhetorical trap that merk has laid out, but the truth is, it's just a distraction or delay.

Meinberg posted:

I'm not going to vote for Bigup DJ. I see him to be more likely to be bad town than scum.
I don't see any argument in there that really suggests a good motivation for no-lynching D1. This is an absurdly strong position to take.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

You're a better lynch than grandicap
haha

CapitalistPig posted:

Grandi is a scum guys.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

He was at the time, way to take it out of context.

I wasn't calling it scummy, just ironic. I don't really think you're scummy yet. Ballsy move yesterday when safer moves existed. Not impossible you did it as scum but you're not my first instinct.

Meinberg posted:

Okay, I've done this and now have a copy of the document.

It turns out that I misremembered his thoughts in regard to Juanito, apparently he thought that Juanito was "innocuous."

Also, I asked him if he was scum and he said yes, which is something that I'd assumed that scum wouldn't do. I guess mr. capps' question is more important than I thought.
Uh what?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

And through it all you thought "I"d rather no-lynch than lose my ineffectual partner"

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Hal you seem really uncomfortable this game.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I'm not convinced about either Meinberg or Grandicap votes at the moment.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'd probably vote either but I think I would rather go for Juanito

Note what you didn't do: vote.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Note, I've been voting him all day.

The quote was from yesterday. You didn't vote yesterday.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

Pander, you appear to be flinging poo poo around and seeing what sticks and what doesn't. That is a scummy thing.
I'm not feeling great about grandicap after his last post. It's weirdly confrontational for a guy who seems otherwise screwed over. I might be wrong, but the gut is telling me no. He's a likely lynch though.

Meinberg's play yesterday was so goddamn hopeless and damning. Everything about what he says kinda jives.

I'm looking elsewhere.

Not feeling you. Capps, PM, and DGK did a good job of pushing bigup, not feeling them for today. Juanito feels townish.

Poque and Hal are the two I feel most strongly are scum. Hal's here, and he has poo poo play so far. Pushing him to find out why he didn't vote.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Pander posted:

Meinberg's play yesterday was so goddamn hopeless and damning. Everything about what he says kinda jives.

Clarifying: As scum, his play would have been the worst play possible yesterday. Naive mason feels reasonable one of the few non-scum reasons he'd push people off bigup at a glance. More time to examine posting from D1 would help corroborate or disprove it.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha I guess we really don't see eye-to-eye on that one

Clarifying: "I don't feel great about lynching grandicap"

I'm typing this while I'm trying to watch Dollhouse with the gf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

##vote poque

Left field I know. Chagrinned if he flips town or grandi flips scum, but I'm gonna trust my gut here.

• Locked thread