Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

its the mods fault for not specifying you should read the op imo how were you to know

I agree

Also I think JakeP should be a solo team, no one can possibly hope to be the Sam to his Max

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

JakeP literally has the lowest dota 2 MMR I have ever seen.

That's because Jake has too much MMJ

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

Because I'm not afraid of my mason partner anymore?

I don't get it. I'm sure the warning in the OP is about revealing to the thread who your mason partner is. Pretty sure Cpig already knew he was your masonbro.

Also I could have believed Peta was your masonbro before you confirmed it was cpig

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Yeah, I'm voting Juanito until he or I is removed from the game. See you in a few days.

Lame

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

Have you ever bounced an idea off of Cpig? I'm only glad I didn't when he had the dayvig.

I live in a dream world where I imagine Cpig is observant, loquacious and just an all-around great guy talking out of thread in a masonry/scumteam.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It was my first game with Peta in ages too... have fun in the DR, don't get malaria

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

Can I ask how you justify the idea of a scum with a dayvig?

Seen it before. Play enough games and you've seen everything. Don't fall into the trap of clearing people because of your assumptions about the setup.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bigup DJ posted:

is this your idea of a loving joke?

Someone seems a little upset about the whole thing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

I'm vanilla town, in a masonry with Cpig, and don't care if I get voted.

merk is scum though. He doesn't do his "big baby gambit" when he's town.

Unfortunately that isn't true, and I think looking over everything again you look a lot worse than he does. As someone pointed out, you seem to care a lot more about what people think of you this game than you normally would.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

if i had to choose between merk and juantio i think i would go merk

merk is off this game, can't tell if its scum merk yet or not

What if you didn't have to choose and we could lynch both?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

Yeah, we're getting to the point where unless someone makes a major slip, we're probably between the two vote leaders. I've stated my feelings about both of them, and would vote either, but I'll be around in case something changes.

I'd probably vote either but I think I would rather go for Juanito

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yawn! I just woke up!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

##vote bigupdj

Didn't realize it was deadline night. Actually went out tonight, spent time meeting new people. I HAVE PROOF OF THIS!

Also not sure if he's hammered or not.

Prove it!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

As successful as that last-minute change in lynch candidates was, I don't like the idea of using it to push a bandwagon without any further discussion of any other possibilities. We still have 12 players left (11, most likely, once morning comes around), but until we see who the kill is, there isn't really much we can do but twiddle our thumbs and look at BigUp's words, is there?

No, we can still talk about who we think is scum. This could be your last chance to get your thoughts out before you die!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito, why would you do that you big jerk

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

We should all follow merk's last wishes.

##vote Juanito

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

That seems a bit easy

Yes, that is exactly what Juanito wants you to think

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

Surely you can't be serious.

Are you saying that the scum thought that I would think that Juanito would think the he could fool me so they killed merk to trick me into voting for Juanito? Hmmmmmmm

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Orrrrrr... did Juanito think that I would think that the scum would think that I would think that Juanito would think that I would think that the scum killed merk to frame Juanito? drat.

Whatever, NK aside Juanito rubbed me the wrong way all day yesterday and that is who we should vote for. I feel very good about that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

And don't call me Shirley!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh man... how is Juanito getting away.

I would vote for Grandi to prevent a no-lynch... I've been mostly out of it for two days sorry.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Meinberg posted:

He also mentions going after Grandi, being sure merk is town, and being uncertain about Juanito, but I can't recall anything else.

Mmmmmhmmmm uncertain about Juanito, eh?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

What did Juanito do? Are you saying since Merk was NKed we should lynch Juanito?

No, as I said yesterday, I didn't like the effort Juanito was putting in to get suspicion off of him, That isn't like him when he's town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

yeah thats dirty play

Definitely uncool and I would say against the rules

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

Hal you seem really uncomfortable this game.

not at all

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

Note what you didn't do: vote.

Note, I've been voting him all day.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

The quote was from yesterday. You didn't vote yesterday.

That is because I fell asleep and didn't end up voting anyone. What's your point? It's also a different day with more information.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

I disagree. I've liked a lot of Pander's hunting so far, especially in D1.

Yeah I've felt pretty good about Pander most of the game myself. He's wrong about me, but I am pretty sure he's town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandi's appeal to Pander in his most recent post doesn't feel scummy to me, and I'm not sure I see the merits of the case against him. I think Grandi's reaction to Pander and the way he keeps expanding on his case against PM all read pretty good to me. I would still vote him if that's the only option but I think there are better choices.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

I'm not feeling great about grandicap after his last post. It's weirdly confrontational for a guy who seems otherwise screwed over. I might be wrong, but the gut is telling me no. He's a likely lynch though.

Haha I guess we really don't see eye-to-eye on that one

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

I agree about Poque, but I'm kinda neutral on Hal. CPig keeps pinging me as scum, but that vigilante keeps making me back off again.

Stop letting setup spec control you! Scum vig isn't some wacky thing that could never happen.

I've gone back and forth on Poque but leaning scum on him. I didn't like the positions he took yesterday on Pander, merk and Juanito and he's been pretty quiet overall today.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

Clarifying: "I don't feel great about lynching grandicap"

I'm typing this while I'm trying to watch Dollhouse with the gf.

Oh ok, that makes more sense to me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

It absolutely did. He jumped on the first suspicious thing he could originally point to. He tried to go back to merk until it wouldn't move.

When did he try to go back to merk?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Meinberg posted:

And here we see what I think is most damning. The scum likely killed merk in order to get rid of a strong town, and to throw doubt on Juanito. And here Hal comes, right after the start of the day, to buy into that narrative that the scum has manufactured. But perhaps he isn't buying into it. Perhaps Hal is the person that is selling it? And then, in the end, Hal refuses to vote for Grandi, after failing to direct the vote outwards.

##vote Hal

There is a big difference between refusing to vote someone and your vote not being needed.

Also really, you think I was being totally serious about that "narrative". Come on son.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

This is how I've felt after reading Hal's posts.
Not really. Holding back a vote is/can be pretty scummy, especially when it looks like you won't commit to voting a scumbuddy. Which is what it looks like to me.

##vote Hal

Well you should open your eyes then, because I didn't hold back a vote. I was voting for someone I thought was scummy and Grandi got finished off with quite a bit of time to go, so your hypothesis is worthless because you have no idea if I would have voted or not. How do you feel about the other 5 people not voting Grandi? If Pander were alive would you be trying this with him, because he tried harder than me to find reasons to not vote Grandi.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm not the scum guys

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is there some proof I'm wrong?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Good lord you buffoons I'm the cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza