Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am a person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I find the merk wagon suspect (is it a wagon if it is only 2 people + CPig who since bailed on it). I think it is way more likely that scum are jumping on a perceived opportunity to get a strong player lynched d1.

I think the scum is a mushroom.

##vote LCV

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bigup DJ posted:

how did I vote bigup dj??
cpaitalism pig isn't a player name, and someone set it to alias to you. You can clear the alias in votefinder if you login. Or you can just revote and spell good this time.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bigup DJ posted:

is this your idea of a loving joke?

Nope, probably Pig's idea of a joke. I am just telling you how to fix it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

Her. :eng101:

Isn't Grandicap usually more active than this?

Usually:(

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk posted:

This is scummy too.

Look at the time the case was made.

Super early day 1, it was good reasoning at the time. Merk you are a known strong player and if scum can neutralize you early via lynch it is a good thing. I posited they jumped on your early aggression to this end.

If I had followed up and not dropped off of the face of the earth it could have been explored and looked at further. But instead work happened and I did not.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk posted:

So who, in those couple of votes on me at the time, is scum? You waved your hand over everyone voting me without analyzing any individual vote.

At the time I thought it was PM, which is why I voted. IT could still be PM but I think it is way less likely now than then due to posts like this:

Poison Mushroom posted:

Sorry I haven't been super-attentive, been doing a lot of phoneposting the last couple days because my modem was being a poo poo. Now that I'm not typing with a lovely touch keyboard, let me elaborate on my feelings in more detail, if only to get a bit of information out there before I'm lynched D1/D2 again.

Juanito: Juanito is taking merk's case and voting of him very personally, and this post continues the trend of raising the same red flags as well. This all despite that he's only at -4, more than a day from deadline. I don't like how he bent over backwards to constantly remind us that his ":siren: mason partner :siren:" went killing. Maybe I'd believe it if he'd said something like "confirmed mason partner", but just being masons is absolutely nothing of note in this game. Together, it all stinks of false outrage, pretending to be upset about this horrible unfair behavior he's been getting, while actually contributing nothing but an OMGUS.

Would vote.

merk: While Juanito is being hyper-defensive, merk is being hyper-aggressive. Or rather, that was the read I was getting when I was posting from my phone last night. On a re-read, I still feel he's being quite aggressive, but my conviction is less absolute now. It's not enough to make me unvote him, but it's enough to make me question if he's the only one playing into this.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I'm getting a feeling like this "slap fight", as I called it, is entirely artificial distancing between two scumbros. Just because Juanito's mason is a CPigDVig (which I'm still 90% sure makes him town), that doesn't mean he couldn't also coordinate through the good old-fashioned scumdoc.

Smaller thoughts: I'm liking Pander's hunting so far, Poque's case has been very "me too", and I'm not sure I buy BigUp's "look how wacky and non-serious I am!" act.
and

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm not too worried, personally. v:v:v But, point taken. Lemme get some thoughts out.

Poque's cases have been very "me-too". Mine, merk's, and BigUp's. His case on Pander was more outside the norm. I don't believe it, but I see where it's coming from. But two posts about one decent case doesn't make up for everything else.

CapitalistPig, I really, really don't want to think he's scum because he had a dayvig (and that's an insane power to give a scum), but there's definitely a gut ping there. But I don't know his meta well enough to say whether or not I think his flippant behavior is townie, or just how he is.

DGK2000 would ping lurkerscum, but recovering from a concussion trumps playing internet forum party games.

JakeP and Hal Incandenza have no such excuse. JakeP gets it worse for almost entirely contributing with just "I agree with ____", but popping in to drop a vote on BigUp (distancing?). Other than that, he's been in perpetual jokephase, and it feels very artificial.

Compare this to BigUp's everyone but no content posters are town posts.

However, her interactions with Bigup are odd. Cotes, but unvotes before revoting. Under the guise of stopping the lynch train close to deadline, but could have easily been to derail it.

And the throwaway mention of him in the first post I quoted. All of his Bigup centric content is scummy actually. He doesn't vote Bigup until the worst case in the world materializes.

Actually even with the effort posts she is making, I still think PM is scum based on interaction with Bigup.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk is a strong player that scum would like to kill. It was the crux of my d1 voting for PM, and it still holds true now.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pander posted:

This. Capps, Jake, and PM all look pretty towny based on D1 votes and options at hand.

I disagree. PM is the 4th vote and it occurs once Bigup starts self-destructing and he unvotes which could have derailed the lynch entirely.
I still think a mushroom is the scum.
##vote LCV

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

Are you saying I should have left us in a position where a scum could turbohammer, and deny us whatever information might come up in that last hour and a half?

First off, you were 90 minutes before deadline. That isn't a turbohammer. You voted then unvoted 7 minutes later, it was the show of a vote, rather than an actual intention to vote. At the end of the day, when it was going to happen anyway you hopped back on.

I think it is scummy, I am voting you for it. I don't like how you are trying to represent your part in the lynch last night. It makes you feel even more scummy.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pander posted:

See like what the gently caress? Why is holding off on the bigup vote bad? Yeah, it's showing a vote while not actually having a vote down. That's fine! PM had done a lot of back and forths and pressuring with bigup. It's pretty clear how PM felt about Bigup. There were still 90 minutes of time left, and in those 90 minutes bigup kept talking.

You say it's scummy. It's not. It's pretty drat towny play, letting the day play out as much as possible while still remaining present to ensure that there isn't a no-lynch, ie that 30-minute-left revote. In that time Bigup posted several more times, and more posts from folks before they die are always good things.

I've been re-reading the end of yesterday, and it reads real well for PM. Very active, very pro-active.

If you're not scum pushing a false narrative then you're really off-kilter about what constitutes scum play.

Like Poque's end of D1 was 10x scummier than PM's.

I don't know what to say Pander. I have reread the thread up to the lynch again and I still feel the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:zombie:Who the gently caress makes a Saturday night deadline:(:zombie:

• Locked thread