Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which PSX JRPG is the worst?
Final Fantasy VIII
Legend of Dragoon
SaGa Frontier
Legend of Legaia
View Results

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Widestancer posted:

What exactly happened to JRPG's?

They seem shittier now. Am I just using nostalgia goggles or are they actually way shittier?

i go back to chrono trigger every once in a while and it still holds up. it is just a fun adventure. i don't know what happened to jrpgs, i fell out with them around ff8 because it seemed like no one was having fun. the characters weren't having fun the plot wasn't having fun, i wasn't having fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i played ff9 for a while and i agree it seemed good. somewhere along the line i stopped playing it though. i don't remember why.

i also fondly remember parasite eve because it was just so bananas.

i played and beat xenogears, but i'm not sure i actually enjoyed it.

by the time the ps2 rolled out i had transitioned to pc gaming though and that's basically when me and jrpgs had a divorce

• Locked thread