Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Mio slides away from Chuck and the huggers and sits next to Masterson with a grudgingly respectful look.

"drat, man. That was some close dogging. Water?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Masterson
"I don't need your pity, freak." He slaps the water out of her hand. "You may have won today, but I know your type, and you all disgust me." Masterson stands up and starts walking away, crony-less. "...always wanted to leave this fuckin' shithole of a school anyway..."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FP: 4/5

"You better fuckin' run off! Spread the word, ya arse!"

Ash gives Masterson a complementary middle finger to set him on his way.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

FP 4/5

"Bye, not-so-Masterson!" Chuck waves with a veneer of cheerfulness without leaving the hug circle. "Have fun digesting all those hot dogs by yourself!"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Mio snags it with her other hand before it lands, queues up some dramatic water-drinking music and drinks it herself.

"Suit yourself. Weirdo."

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Chris was pulled into the hug, but was looking at Masterton as he retreated. "Our type... what does he mean, 'our type'? Does he really think we're all just nerds, or is there some deeper bigotry?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

FP 4/5

"Man, who cares! Now, c'mere, you can hug better than that!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Why are you still hugging me?!"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"It's a new kid-slash-bully thing. Jerks like him get way too comfortable with the way things are, anything that could change that makes them antsy. It's the law of the jungle, and the lion wants to be on top."

Elodie pats the dust off her shorts.

"Either that, or he knows about Personas." She flips her skateboard on the ground and grins. "So, smoothies?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP 4/5

"You want to eat more?!" Chuck's stomach churns at the thought. "No thanks! Oh boy...hurk!"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"I only had one while no one was looking." She shrugs. "Also, you gotta wash all those hotdogs down with something!"

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

As the group hugs and enjoys their victory(with varying levels of enthusiasm), the crowd begins to disperse. As well wishers pass them by, you all notice a tall figure striding purposefully towards you. Sudden he begins to bark at the group. Any remaining students flee at the sound of an Authoritative Voice. "What in the seven hells are you lot doing!? What part of 'keep a low profile' did you not understand!? It was the second line of your acceptance letters! We are going back to the dormitory! NOW!" Huh, you never knew faces could actually turn puce. "Oh, and I already texted Adora, so she'll be there. If she can read it through all the smoke." The man darkly sniggers as he turns around. "After me everyone, you all have lost the 'being beyond my sight' privilege, and we're taking the train back."

FewtureMD fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 20, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh no. Oooooooh no. No one orders Aisling Tierney around.

"Oi! The gently caress you think you are to tell me what to do?"

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

The man in the suit leans in closely to Aisling, and lowers his voice to a menacing whisper "That hippy-dippy Hamer may go on about feelings and emotions, but she's your daytime caretaker. Once the bell rings, its my job to watch out for you misfits, and its my job to teach you how to loving fight for the future of humanity. I'm Mr. Yamada, and you were too busy blasting your iPod on move-in day to catch my name. Now," and his voice rises to a shout,"DOUBLE TIME!!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ash grumbles and shoves her hands in her pockets, walking with him and the group. This isn't over, that's for sure. But she's too full of hot dogs right now to put up much of a fight.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP 4/5

Chuck may be deep in the group hug right now, but he knows what an authoritative voice sounds like. He's been around them all his life on airbases, after all. And he knows how to paint things to suck up to them. Like deflecting attention away from their little hot dog escapade. So he straightens up.

"Sir!" He calls out in a voice he's heard waaaay too often around his parents. "Are team- and morale-building exercises not standard on the first day for a new section, sir?!"

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

"Suffering fosters comraderie, newbie!", as the group begins to file into the subway station.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Alita raises a hand as they start moving. "I took my own vehicle here..."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Get your butt back to the dorms right now"

Adora frowns. This Yamada fellow clearly has too much anger in him.

Well, that's fine. She's all finished here anyway. A polite key return, a smile and a profuse thanks, and we're off.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

The crowd in the station is giving the group some weird looks. The juxaposition of the prep school uniforms with everyone's...unique appearances is apparently the mental equivalent of mixing baking soda and vinegar. Mr Yamada manages to hear Alita's question over the hubbub of rush hour commuters. "It's been towed already, and its back in our private garage! Lucky timing too! you didn't put enough quarters in the machine, miss." He pauses to shrug on his jacket. "Here's our train, students! Step lively! Hup! Hup!"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Alita shows her first real emotion at the word 'towed' - a brief frown and look of annoyance - before she steps onto the train. Have to go check on it first thing.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP 4/5

"Well, THERE'S a familiar expression," Chuck mumbles to himself as he steps into the subway. "Will this be nostalgic or annoying? Nostalging? Annogic? Oh well, I've got a Roc, and he doesn't, so I win, haha~..."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ash does nothing but grumble.

This means war.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Chris merely follows along. He knows better than to ask people questions when they're so self-evidently irked. Also, a lot of the questions he wants to ask probably shouldn't be asked while in public.

He's not a big fan of the crowded subway, with its giant crowd and noise that means he can hardly hear himself think. He manages to find a window seat, and just looks at the tunnel rushing by.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

You all exit the subway, rising from the gloom into the warm tones of a New York sunset. The group proceeds to trudge a few blocks away from the station, Mr. Yamada leading from behind. He's keeping a special eye on Aisling, of course. Mr Yamada dashes ahead, pausing in front of a brownstone. "home sweet home everyone! Go put your schoolthings in your rooms, while I finish preparing dinner. It's chili!" He beams. The effect is unnerving, like seeing a dog driving a car. "We'll talk over dinner, and have a debriefing after we all help with cleanup." He glares at Aisling and Mio. "Chop-chop!"

Alright, here's a bit of free time! GO ahead and explore the house, and I'll give you guys meaty plot hook/cliffhanger right before American THanksgiving. Oh, and here's a map: http://imgur.com/uGIQG2e

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aisling stays silent until she reaches her room. Then she tosses her bag onto her bed and curses out loud. "gently caress! Way to ruin my loving moment! Fuckin' Yamada!"

Then her stomach starts grumbling. "Urp. poo poo!" Ash then proceeds to run to the bathroom, closing the door behind her as heaving noises can be heard.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP 4/5

"We get our own house?" Chuck's confusion turns to excitement as he steps onto the home street. "Holy mother of--it's huge!" He races up the front steps, ignoring his stomach rebelling against him. "I claim the top floor! I want a window room!"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

While Ash dispenses with all those hotdogs, Elodie slides over her bed.

And jumps on top of it, back first. Gonna get herself all over these silk sheets!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Having finished her business, Ash stumbles out of the bathroom and flops down face-first on her bed.

"Great, I gotta share a room with Ms. J-Pop."

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Chris looks at the room assignments. He is completely unsurprised to find he is rooming with Chuck. Unsurprised and a bit relieved - to be honest, he finds all the girls to be kind of scary.

He enters the top-floor room, drops his bags, and takes a seat at the desk, because even in repose, he's a frigging nerd. "I kind of wanted the room with the balcony, though." he pouts. "Ah, well."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP 4/5

"Eh, on the one hand, I sorta see where you're coming from..." Chuck muses, tossing his bag on one of the beds. "On the other hand, you could just pop open the window or--" the fireplace suddenly catches his eye. "Eh? What's this?" His eye turns to the hearth in the wall. "Oh! We never had this on the base housing, they all had central heating...hey, we should climb up to the roof sometime. I'll see if I can't get a BASE jumping suit...it'll be great! Just...oh boy...maybe once I've gotten these hot dogs out of my stomach!" He lurches a bit towards the door to the restroom. "So why didn't you eat any, Chris? Ugh..."

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

"I figured Masterton would be providing the hot dogs, and he'd be as inept at cooking them as he was at everything else." Chris said, leaning the slightly squeaky chair back. "If I had even one, I'd have probably come down with food poisoning. Besides, there wasn't any relish."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Alita goes into her assigned room, puts her school stuff away, then sits down on the bed for a bit. After a few minutes, she says quietly, "I don't think I want anything else to eat." She looks over at Adora. "Where do you think they put my bike?"

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Home Sweet Home

As you all settle down into your rooms, time marches ever onward. Soon enough, you all hear a noise from up near the ceiling. It seems that the crown molding hides several speakers in each room. Mr. Yamada's voice issues from the hidden soundsystem: "Dinner's ready! Let's all assemble in the dining room! After washing your hands properly, of course." Somehow you can hear the glare in his voice on that last statement.

~Hand-Washing Ensues~

You all file into the dining room, table set and servings already dished out. For those who abstained from the afternoon's contest, there is a bowl of piping hot chili, with individual-sized portions of sour cream and shredded cheese by each plate. Three other place settings feature a bottle of Pepto-Bismol, a spoon, and a small packet of Maalox tablets. Seated at the head of the table is Mr. Yamada, wearing an apron covered with Tabasco bottles. "Take your seats, students! I trust you can figure out who sits where? Eat up, and then I need to debrief you on tonight's mission!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ash sits down at one of the medicated tables, groaning a bit. "Some dinner."

Even though she had already thrown up, she silently took the Pepto and the tablets. She was still a bit nauseous, and she still had enough hot dog in her that she didn't feel like eating for the rest of the night anyway.

As she chews on one of her tablets, Ash notices Yamada's apron and silently snorts. This was the guy who was gonna keep her in line? No fuckin' way.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"I don't know, Alita." Alita. At least it will be a nice, quiet room, thinks Adora. "I don't have one myself. Too much effort."

-------------------------

Adora takes the seat at the tail of the table, as far away from Yamada as possible. She digs into the chili with only a little moue of distaste. "So how did things go?" she politely asks Aisling.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Psh, it wasn't anything. I kicked his rear end easy. There's gonna be a new top dog at the school come tomorrow~"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP 4/5

When he finishes washing up and heads down to the table, Chuck eyes the seats with chili with a bit of longing. And then his stomach roils again and he sits down by one of the medicine seats. As he pours out the pink liquid onto the spoon...

"...wait, sir, how do you debrief someone on something that hasn't happened yet?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The bike can be trouble, but Alita can't imagine not having it or something like it. She goes out on the terrace and looks over the yard, and eyes the shed back there. Probably where they put it. It would be a good spot to work on it. She'll have to check later.

-------

Alita eyes the various medications at her place at the table, but passes on them. Her stomach feels okay, she just doesn't want to eat anything else. Including strange pink liquids.

She looks around at the others, then to Yamada, waiting for him to explain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Chris heads downstairs quickly, and takes a seat at one of the chili places. Once everyone else is down, he starts eating. Unfortunately, he's not used to chili without crackers, but every time he thinks of asking for something, he looks up the table and sees the stern face of Mr. Yamada, and kind of wilts and returns to eating.

After Chuck asks his question, he whispers to him, "Most people aren't as precise with their wording. And questions like that generally make adults upset. I know this from experience."

• Locked thread