Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Mio is leaning against a wall in the back, arms folded, trying to look cool. She's adapted a school uniform into a sort of ninja outfit with a hakama and a dramatic scarf she can pull over her mouth if she wants. Usually, she wants to do that for about five minutes a day. So far, it's been ten.

Mio finally pulls the scarf down, steps forward and puts her hands on her hips.

"O-KAY! Listen up, because I'm only gonna tell you once! I am Shadow☆Nova, the great ninja! Around civilians, you can call me Mio! Try not to feel bad about living in my shadow and I'll try to teach you a thing or two!"

Mio's arm snaps out with a blur into... a thumbs up.

Ettin posted:

Mio Maboroshi SHADOW☆NOVA!

Aspects:
Concept: Loudmouth With A Hero Complex
"Ninja": Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Persona: Star(ring Mio!)
Intrigue: Fortune Favors The Bold!
Omega: Shadow☆Nova, Protector Of The Innocent!

Modes:
Good Mode: "Ninja" (Athletics, Combat, Physique, Provoke, Stealth, Will) - 9
Fair Mode: Persona (Burglary, Contacts, Deceive, Notice, Will, Ninja Magic) - 7
Average Mode: Intrigue (Athletics, Burglary, Contacts, Deceive, Notice, Stealth) - 9
Weird Skill: Ninja Magic: Create advantage physical/mental, overcome physical
Improvements: Focused Ninja Magic and Provoke, 3 points left

Skills:
+4: Athletics! Provoke! Stealth! Will!
+3: Burglary! Combat! Contacts! Deceive! Ninja Magic! Notice! Physique!

Stunts:
BUT IT WAS I!: As long as she's not being directly observed and there's a reasonable way to leave, Mio can disappear from a scene. Spend a fate point later (in the same scene or a subsequent one) to reveal that she was disguised as a faceless NPC this entire time, or to appear in an unobserved spot if she announces her presence immediately.

Chuunibyou Hero: Mio is a cool friend, and can use Will to create an advantage in social situations if she can make it about her heroic antics somehow.

Life As An Anime Gal: Shadow☆Nova gets +2 to creating advantages with Ninja Magic when she yells the name of her technique as loud as she can.

Running From My True Self Shunpo!: Absolutely faster than a normal human, but at a cost (like not shutting up).

Subtlety: +2 to overcoming with Stealth when sneaking up on someone.

Persona: Sōjōbō

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

That entrance was almost as cool as hers!

Mio appears next to Elodie and puts an arm around her.

"Elodie! I've decided that you can be... my sidekick! If you work hard enough, perhaps we can be rivals!"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Mio is already gushing over the new girl.

"Adora, huh?" she asks with a sparkle in her voice that implies Adora is going to hear all the jokes she has already heard a hundred times. "That's so cool!"

"And I make my own shadow," she adds to Chris. "Also it's ShadowNova!"

"is your middle name belle"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

"I make my own outfits and my own soap," Mio says proudly.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

"I run around and be awesome, you guys back me up. There! Okay, now what's our power?"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Mio ran off excitedly as soon as the bell rang. About now you hear the sound of something clanking...

... And Mio skids back into the scene, with an armful of homemade smoke bombs and ropes and climbing gear and a log, for some reason.

"WHEN CAN WE START?"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

"Yeah! Listen up!"

Mio plants a foot on a chair dramatically and turns to this guy. "The name's Shadow☆Nova! You guys better remember it, because it's the name you're gonna be eating protein to catch up to!"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

"Wait, so he can't do anything to us? He has to ask us to go somewhere he can?"

Gears turn in Mio's head. She starts to giggle, then throws back her head and unleashes her best evil laugh. It is pretty terrible.

"WA HA HA HA HA HA HA!"

Mio skips away to attach a smoke bomb to his locker door.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

FP: 4

Shadow☆Nova pats Aisling's back.

"You are going to make the coolest sidekick. ANYWAY! Fortune favors the bold! I know where his room is, let's hit it already!"

Spending a FP to declare I figured out where his room is when placing a smoke bomb in his locker. :getin:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

You don't know where Mio is going yet. When you turn around, she's just not there.

Disappearing! :getin:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

While the others continue doing cool things and hanging out, Shadow☆Nova creeps along... somewhere. It is taking longer than it should because Shadow☆Nova is using the ceiling. She doesn't actually have to, but it looks kicking rad. Or it would if she wasn't trying to stay stealthy and hidden.

She probably should have thought this through.

Still disappeared! :frogbon:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Shadow☆Nova does what she does best: Exist. She is totally doing that. You're pretty sure she's still doing that.

Where, though...

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
"Go, Aisling!" Masterson's crony shouts.

By the time Masterson looks up in surprise, his crony has already switched tracks and unzipped his hoodie.

"You were expecting a lackey..."

The Music Goon throws his hoodie into the sky dramatically.

"BUT IT WAS I! The unstoppable ninja, Shadow☆Nova! I'm here to support my sidekicks!"

Mio gives you all a big ol' thumbs up.

Creating the Provoke advantage My Sidekicks Are The Best!: <Krysmbot> Ettin, +/+++4 = 7

Ettin fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Nov 6, 2014

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

"Aisling!"

Mio is doing a sweet ninja somersault. Why is she doing that?

"INRYOUSUI NO JUTSU!" A bottle of water is placed on the table in front of Aisling as Mio passes overhead.

She manages to land with another thumbs-up. "Wet the bun a little first! Keep your eating mouth hydrated!"

Then she tumbles away from the cameras.

Ninja Magic advantage INRYOUSUI NO JUTSU!: <Krysmbot> Ettin, /+--+5 = 4[/quote]

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Mio slides away from Chuck and the huggers and sits next to Masterson with a grudgingly respectful look.

"drat, man. That was some close dogging. Water?"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Mio snags it with her other hand before it lands, queues up some dramatic water-drinking music and drinks it herself.

"Suit yourself. Weirdo."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Mio spends some time rolling around on her bed brooding meaningfully in her room before seeing if she can climb down to Adora and Alita's terrace and back again for surreptitious friendship visits and sidekick consulting.

Once she's called to Yamada's briefing, Shadow☆Nova makes a point of leaning on the back wall and looking cool and aloof for as long as possible. When everyone starts piling on the questions, she adds her own.

"Is the Dreamer that Masterton guy?"

Ettin fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Dec 14, 2014

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Mio heads back to her room. The perfect hero's room, a space all to herself! Just her. Doing her homework. By herself.

Mio tries to sneak into Adora's room.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Mio either has a second ninja outfit she was saving for this occasion, or she has ninja pajamas. You actually can't tell.

"Ah, an exciting new chapter in my adventures! And is that my steed?" Shadow☆Nova studies the beetle. "Hmm. Probably not."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Shadow☆Nova hops from foot to foot, clearly way too pumped to go out and kick things to stand around talking to weird bugs.

"Hey! What Conflict? I came here expecting to fight something and I'm getting pretty antsy."

• Locked thread