Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Hiii~ii!"

From the crater of silence (and shadows), to the peak of a painfully high-pitched voice. A pinkheaded young lady practically leaps off her seat, and takes a 360 spin around to wave towards everyone in the room. There's a short, preppy J-pop tune that plays from what is most definitely the smartphone in her pocket.

"I'm Elodie! I live just right here in Manhattan. Let's see, I'm sixteen years old and an Aries. I love skating, I love art, a bit of hip-hop." She says, listing off each of her interests with her fingers. "Also saving the world, 'cause I'm a magical girl, see? But it's kinda secret, but you guys are so cool, so just keep it between us, okay? Anyway, I'm totally glad we're all gonna kick some bad guy buts together, so let's all be friends, alright?"

Elodie takes a deep breath, and bows. She smiles so bright that she sparkles.

TurninTrix posted:

Elodie Cain / AI NO SUKETA, AERIAL IDOL ELODIE

· Aspects ·

Concept: Magical Skater Girl
Magical Girl: Understand, Understand, The Concept Of Love♥
Action: Wall-Tagging, Friend-Making Vigilante
Persona: In Too Deep And Overwhelmed
Omega: Serious Napoleon Complex

· Modes ·

Good (+3) Mode: Magical Girl (Athletics, Contacts, Empathy, Graffiti Magic, Notice, Rapport, Will) (10)
Fair (+2) Mode: Action (Athletics, Combat, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Vehicles) (9)
Average (+1) Mode: Persona (Combat, Empathy, Notice, Physique, Will) (8)

· Skills ·

+5 Notice, Rapport
+4 Athletics, Empathy, Will
+3 Combat, Contacts, Graffiti Magic, Physique
+2 Provoke, Vehicles

Graffiti Magic (Overcome, Create Advantage): Tag objects with special markers that only the magical-inclined can see, useful for leaving secret messages, building up symbols for a ritual, or highlighting monsters for persona-users miles away to blast apart. Also contributes to an understanding of magic runes.

· Stunts/Mega-Stunts ·

Skater of Love♥ (2 benefits): Absolutely cuter than a normal human (Rapport) while doing her magical girl thing, but weak to pretty much anything sweet. At the start of any conflict, Elodie can choose to forfeit her initial turn in order to make a speech about love and justice and place a situation aspect with two free invokes.

These Aerials & Varials: With enough air or momentum, Elodie can use Athletics to come close to flying or to a wall-ride. She avoids physical obstacles while doing so.

Heartfelt Friendship Speech (2 benefits): Use Rapport in place of a normal attack with the intent of convincing her enemies to stop being evil and/or jerks. In addition, she can spend a fate point before her Rapport roll to apply her full attack to every target in a single zone within shouting distance.

The Most Important Part Of Dance Is Music: While acting in rhythm with Elodie during a coordinated action, her friends can invoke any situation aspects she makes with a +3 instead of a +2.

No Big, Just Doing My Job: When using Contacts to create an advantage (reaching out to people she's saved before), Elodie can exchange a free invocation for an additional aspect. For example, on a success she could choose to get two aspects with no free invocations, and on a success with style she could choose to get two aspects and one free invocation or three aspects without any free invocations.

(Total benefits: 7 - 5 = 2 fate points to the GM’s reserve.)

· Stress ·
Physical OOO
Mental OOOO

· Persona ·

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Hey, aren't ninjas masters of all the shadows, anyway?" Elodie asks Tarn. "I don't think you're up for debating with one."

She turns back to SuperMcCoolName Shadow☆Nova and her eyes light up!

"So, does that mean you wanna hang out?!" She says, already nodding as if it is true. First day in St. Raphael, and she already has a new friend! "Wow, I don't think I've ever been a sidekick before. I always felt like main character material myself, but they say doing supporting roles helps build up your resume or something. Plus, I can totally show around places in the city if you like. Like all the shadowy back alleys and the rooftops you can jump over, since that seems your thing plus I don't think we have a ninja dojo around here..."

It doesn't occur to her that there's still one more who needs to introduce herself...

Mitama fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jul 21, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Elodie couldn't believe how cool everyone in her class is!

"Ohmigosh, where do you get clothes like that?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Oh, that so awesome, you can make whole clothes! I just know to patch things up when I get into a scrape, first aid for skater clothes. My mom tells me I look like a mess 'cause I just patch holes with whatever, but everyone else thinks I look super badass. Hey, I had a design for a magical girl outfit in my scrapbook, but I haven't found anyone who can make it real, maybe you could-"

Elodie realizes that the quiet girl can also talk. "Hi, there!"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"I make art!" Elodie says, not to be outdone by her friends. "Uh, murals and stuff. With spraypaint. Sometimes glitter, so they're pretty and colorful. I do them mostly down in the subways and skate parks but no one ever looks there so I'm not doing anything illegal, Ms. Hamer, I swear."

A cough.

"Like ohmigosh, we're all already bonding and stuff."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"I already know what I have to do!" Elodie declares. "But not everyone else does. I wanna say duty!"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Wow, that class was so cool. It was like the start of a Pokemon game. Ms. Hamer introduced magic stuff, she sorta called a Persona, and then talked about the WIDE WORLD before she let us go. Frame for frame, someone should have taken pictures of all that magic stuff."

Elodie bites into her own sandwich.

"But seriously, this is important stuff! When's the last time someone said you gonna have to defend all of humanity?"

All of humanity... there's still something really nervous about that idea. She tries to shake it off.

"And the best part is, we're doing it together!"

Mitama fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 29, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"They're pretty cute and shelly." Elodie tells Alita helpfully.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Hey, they could work!" Elodie grabs the log for no reason in particular. "I mean, it's all in dreams, right? I bet these things are even more super effective when we imagine bringing them inside! I think that's how it works?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Chuck, they stuck us in the same class for a reason, you know!" Oh geez, are they going to get into a fight in the first day? Not cool. "Come on, let it go, you two." Elodie waves at Mio and Ash. "I mean, they're a buncha jerks and they'd totally fold if Ash pounds her fists on their eyes, but doesn't mean we have to prove it!"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Wow. He calls you mouthy, and goes on and goes on about how he wants to beat us up for our lunch money and stuff. So immature." Elodie pouts. "Wouldn't it be annoying if someone just kept talking and talking like that?"

She chomps on her sandwich.

"Well, we gotta stick together! Totally with you, Ashy."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Well, I don't have a cuter cute nickname in mind, but if I figure one out, I'll let you know." Elodie nods sagely to herself.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"We're not gonna jump into a fight, Chuck."

Elodie chills on a couch with a pair of headphones connected to her phone. Well, she has the right side of her headphones on, while the other half just droops close to her neck, blaring J-Pop loud enough for anyone close by to hear.

"I mean, we don't even know what Masterson wants from us, you heard him, he doesn't wanna get expelled. It's not gonna be physical." She tilts her head. "I think."

Mitama fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 14, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"So, no fight, but a way to make a splash with everyone on campus and knock him down a peg or two. Could get a lot of respect that way."

Elodie grins. "What's the plan?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"How many sidekicks are you gonna get, Nova?" Elodie asks, looking at her curious. "I mean, I don't mind sharing the spot, but it's starting to feel more like Justice League than Batman and Robin here."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Elodie picks up her skateboard and helmet on the way out of school. Not place to roll in the park with all the grass, but never hurts to have some wheels around Manhattan. To get around and grind on the faces of bullies with.

"Heya~" She rolls in to meet the others.

Park!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Elodie looks at Chris as if he grew a second, nerdier head.

"Geez, you're already going for extra credit at the first day of school?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Well, let's not just call everyone a nerd, we're all friends here and- hey, are we all here?" Elodie suddenly gets distracted by something off-screen. Perhaps the call of destiny? Or that sign leading to the subway station. "Hey, come on, let's go!"

She spends most of the subway car trip with her headphones on, singing along with the music in her head. The lyrics probably don't match up with the music, though.

"Ashy's gonna beat Masterson today, oh ye~e~s she will~"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Da~da~da~da~da- oh!" Elodie doesn't even notice the conversation going on behind her until she finds iced coffee in her hands. "Hey, thanks."

And that's when she notices them. Windswept hair, leather jacket and a hot red motorcycle helmet. The lingering smell of grease and engine exhaust. Also (somehow) the haunting spectre of a hundred speeding violations.

A pink-haired ball suddenly jumps in front of Alita, body-checking her hard enough to send some cans flying.

"Ohmigosh, you own a bike?" Elodie stares at her in wide-eyed wonderment. "And we're not riding it?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Elodie winks at Masterson. "Last chance to back out 'fore you embarrass yourself?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Ha-ha-hii~!"

Elodie steps in front of the cameras after Ash. With attention all over her, she does the Sailor Moon wink, both fingers and all.

"I'm Elodie! I live right here in Manhattan and I love skating, hip-hop, and uh..." She points at Masterson. "Taking the pegs off of bullies like him. People like him wanna put others down for like, what? Law of school jungle and he wants to be the king? Why would wanna root for a selfish guy like him? We're all here to be friends, right?"

She sweeps her other towards Ash, as if to direct the camera attention back to her. "Anyway, my BFF Ashy's gonna show him that's not right. So, um, please root for her! I love you guys!"

A sparkle-smile again.

Using Rapport to instill the Power of Friendship as an aspect: /+/++5 = 7

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Hey Nova! Go Alita!"

Snapping her fingers, Elodie unhooks the device on the minion's mp3 speaker and replaces it with her own smartphone. Her own music blasts out loud to help the others. Somehow.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Nope!"

Elodie makes sure to keep the speaker away from the mooks. It's technically not hers, sure, but all's fair in hotdog contests.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"...Aw yeah! You all did it!"

Elodie pulls out her mp3 player from the boombox and slides to hug Ashy and Alita at once.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Elodie notably does not disengage.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"It's a new kid-slash-bully thing. Jerks like him get way too comfortable with the way things are, anything that could change that makes them antsy. It's the law of the jungle, and the lion wants to be on top."

Elodie pats the dust off her shorts.

"Either that, or he knows about Personas." She flips her skateboard on the ground and grins. "So, smoothies?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"I only had one while no one was looking." She shrugs. "Also, you gotta wash all those hotdogs down with something!"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

While Ash dispenses with all those hotdogs, Elodie slides over her bed.

And jumps on top of it, back first. Gonna get herself all over these silk sheets!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Yeap~"

Elodie just gives Ash the Sailor Moon wink before she crashes on her bed again.

_____

At dinner, she doesn't wait and devours her share of dinner like someone who hasn't eaten in days. She stays unusualyl silent for a while, though as she grabs something to drink, she suddenly pipes up.

"I'm ready for the debriefing!" Then she smiles and eats more chili.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"You guys think about this too much."

Elodie shrugs.

"If they could get their way by hurting people in the real world, Mr. Yamada wouldn't need us, right?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"No~pe!"

Elodie skips ahead of Ash to get inside the room first. In a single bound, she puts on her headphones, grabs what looks like a huge textbook, then crashes on a nearby bean bag to study.

"Wanna finish these problems together?" She smiles, flipping around the bean bag so she can read the textbook on the floor. "It'll go much faster that way."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Elodie rolls around the beetle on her skateboard because of course she does. Even while on top of her board, she commits to a needlessly elaborate set of sentai poses.

"Evil doers of the night, here I come to make it right!" She stops right in front of the beetle and thrusts her finger in the air. "It's your Skater of Love ♥! Aerial Idol Elodie!"

And then she does the Sailor Moon wink, while Oya materializes right behind her at the same moment.

"Yay! We're finally here." She breaks out of her pose to pet the beetle. "So, how are we doing this? Are we just gonna get more than vague directions?"

Mitama fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 1, 2015

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"That's easy, I'm the one with the stacks of comic books and Sailor Moon DVDs at home!"

Elodie smiles back at Ashy in a cheery, vaguely oblivious sort of way.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Elodie doesn't think too hard about giant beetles and ants. This is a dream, after all.

"We're on your side!" She exclaims. "Totally registered and everything! We got the VIP treatment too! Didn't your captain tell you about us this morning?" She makes a fake gasp! "Or did you miss out on the memo? That's not very soldiery of you!"

She winks (and it almost looks like a small pink heart blinks in as she does) and smiles brightly! "Is it?"

Going with my absolute cuteness/rapport to talk my way out of this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Oh gosh, how are you doing! Hi! Hello!" Elodie makes it a point to greet every black ant that passes her by.

"Is that a gun? Should ants have guns? Oh, hi!"

Even if it does it, like, a hundred times with the size of this colony. This place looks amazing!

• Locked thread