Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Boogalo posted:

Mint's coverage was to terrible in my area so I switched to ATT's $300 for 8gb/month +1 month rollover +hotspot plan. I was on cricket before mint and switched so wifi calling would work. Everyone I talked to with support said wifi calling would work with my phone but I'm figuring out after the switch it just plain doesn't unless you have an ATT device. Fuckers. Setting up google voice for voicemail is also blocked on their prepaid plans.

I was looking at this same plan. What happens after the first year in terms of cost, do you know? The fine print says it’ll renew every 30 days for 12 periods but I can’t tell if it’s gonna be charging the discounted $25/month or if I’m gonna have to start paying the regular $50/month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Switched to US Mobile today. Switch was smooth and didn't see any issues. Trying to figure out what this new "5G UW" logo is and if that's a bad thing or not. $25/month including taxes for unlimited text and talk and 30GB of data is too good for me cause I only need like 10 GB.

Note: Pretty sure US Mobile's original deal (the 50 day trial + $50 after 12 months of autopay) comes out better than their Black Friday deal for new customers.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 25, 2023

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

BonoMan posted:

US mobile is great. I've been on them for a year (my wife and I) and not a single issue. We had some weirdness during setup and their support is *fantastic*.... I also really like their app/ui. It's fantastic if you need to be on a Verizon MVNO.

That’s good to hear. I wanted to stick with Verizon cause I had it prior to this and it works perfect at both home and work. For the data I need (10 GB) it basically came down to either Visible for $25 and unlimited data or US Mobile for $25 for 30 GB.

Visible was really tempting because they have a $5/month addon plan for smart watches. My current Apple Watch is non cellular but I’m considering paying the extra for the cellular version next time. So I guess I’ll switch to visible when I get a new Apple Watch.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Was thinking about consolidating all the info I found last week/weekend when I was googling about switching to US Mobile and updating the OP because the OP is still talking about Sprint about noticeable phones being the iPhone 5.

Things are very different now and also a lot more simple imo.