Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Atomicated posted:

So maybe this is a dumb question but I'm trying to upgrade to a different sim I've already bought on my prepaid t-mobile account. Googling this says to go to t-mobile.com/sim and to log in but when I do that it just dumps me to my.t-mobile.com with no real indication of where I'd go to change my sim card. Any suggestions?

That section doesn't seem to be available for prepaid plans. Or at least not to everyone on them, I had the same problem. Just do a support chat from the site, takes 5 - 10 minutes at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

ThermoPhysical posted:

Does anyone know if T-Mob still has the dork plan?

Looks like it's now listed under "Other Prepaid Plans" but still available. http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/other-prepaid-plans

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

If your data needs are going to stay low, you could also look at Tello. They’re now sending GSM SIMs for the T-Mobile network and you can get 1 GB of Data and unlimited talk and text for $10/month.

(I haven’t tried them yet so can’t say first hand how the service or support is.)

edit: I should’ve been clearer, they do have plans with more data, too, but you can get it down pretty cheap if you need limited data or minutes.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

I've been using it for a data only tablet plan, the options under Authentication in the app are:

Sign in methods
  • Email + Password
  • Phone number + PIN
  • Sign in with Google
  • Sign in with Apple
App security
  • Biometric lock