Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
Today I received some disturbing news:

Shithouse Dave posted:

Sometimes I think that byob might be my style but then I go in there and it's like walking in to a house party where you only know one person and they aren't even there yet so you're all shy and standing round the kitchen awkwardly

I don't think people should feel like this and I hope you agree. Everyone is welcome to this party! especially Shithouse Dave

What This Thread is For

• For new posters to introduce themselves, if they want
  • To ask questions about BYOB, if you have them and give answers about BYOB, if you know them
  • For BYOB posters to give advice to lurkers about BYOB.

Ok then.

Pizzatime posted:

my advice:

stay cool
never change
have a great summer

dogcrash truther fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther

GEExCEE posted:

please don't avshame

also please visit duckie's thread to get a cool new av

Good advice. Here is the av thread

dogcrash truther

Air Julio posted:

What are these super long current event threads and why are they voted so low if they made it to 10+ pages?

Sometimes threads get moved from GBS to here if they are too contentious or terrible. Then we repurpose them for our own ends. Good question thanks for asking!

dogcrash truther

What's up?

dogcrash truther

Jerry Cotton posted:

Back in 2007 or so at Sofia's place it was me who ate all the bits of chicken from the chicken salad, by the way. Sorry everyone who happened to be there.

ANother man has gone to jail for your crime...

dogcrash truther

Mogren posted:

Hey BYOB I've got a question. What's a good rule of thumb to rate threads?

dogcrash truther

Iggy Koopa posted:

rating threads a 5 willy nilly is definitely a viable voting method, however i like to take a good ten to fifteen minutes before i vote, make 5 columns, write down the posts i feel fall into each of the numbers columns, and weigh the thread that way. the op's posts all carry the weight of 5 regular posters posts, so if the op makes a couple really good posts it can turn around even the worst thread, but if they themselves make some really bad posts, well, thats a 1 probably.

you know if you did this in excel it would be faster

dogcrash truther

The Fresh Prince posted:

pyf is pretty good

hows that pronounced? is it "pif" or "pie-f"?

dogcrash truther
or even "pee-f"

dogcrash truther

Dirigibleful posted:

I'm scared this isn't gbs and it isn't nite crew and there aren't animes everywhere

There's lots of animes at the end of this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3602918&pagenumber=714 in case you want them

dogcrash truther

dogcrash truther

Kimmalah posted:

I've already posted in one other byob thread successfully, but I'm still stopping in here to say hi. :)

How Dee doo.pleased to meet you.

dogcrash truther
What thread was it?

dogcrash truther

Kimmalah posted:

The recent coming out thread

Dang, you got a long history on this website. Why'd you decide to check out BYOB?

dogcrash truther
The thread is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3628878

dogcrash truther fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 21, 2014

dogcrash truther
so far nobody in byob8.2 has ever posted a picture of a meal they made which looked good to eat, and this is especially true for burgers

dogcrash truther

Bo-Pepper posted:

i will cut you my duck breast dinner i posted was lovely also my tomato sauce with meatballs i posted was also great apologize now dct

link plz

dogcrash truther

catdynamite posted:

somebody goldmined my thread and i'm mad as hell

why's that?

dogcrash truther

Catpain Slack posted:

I have a bad feeling about this.

Star wars ref right off the bat ftw :) greetings

dogcrash truther
he only did what any father would do, if they needed to

dogcrash truther

Pizzatime posted:

my advice:

stay cool
never change
have a great summer

Great advice

dogcrash truther
In fact, that's going in the op

dogcrash truther

i am he posted:

i see a lot of lurkers on this list! come on in, dont be shy! (add the number of members and guests together for a funny surprise)

haha...69

dogcrash truther

Looke posted:

newbie death pool

Crazy Water Aqua Park

dogcrash truther

Don't need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

dogcrash truther

zombie303 posted:

I did not know that.

cruft posted:

I also did not know that.

dogcrash truther

HoffaSaurusX posted:

I was on that list, Hi

hows it going

dogcrash truther
did you feel like you were 1 of 69?

dogcrash truther

HoffaSaurusX posted:

That is the worst borg number

that guy probably got made fun of a lot. "we named you after your grandfather, an honorable borg" - that borg's clueless parents

dogcrash truther

Gaffle posted:

does it rhyme with globe or job?

hello everybody

Hey gaffle. I pronounce each of the letters individually

dogcrash truther

Pikachu posted:

I'm genuinely surprised that this wasn't already taken

Are other pokemon taken?

dogcrash truther

a starwar betamax posted:

Long time lurker first time poster here. I hope ive learned enough to post the "byob" way. I look forward to making a lot of new frinds. Well, guess thats all for know!
Talk to you later,
Cameron

dont be fooled, this guy has been posting since old byob

dogcrash truther
welcome back though camanator :) you can be a newbie again if you want

dogcrash truther

bitchtard posted:

Greetings. My name is bitchtard. I'm not very chill, but I am very into chill things.

ayo. it's ok not to be chill in byob

dogcrash truther
hows it goin dad gay. so what

dogcrash truther

meteloides posted:

Hi byob, I'm new to here, but I've been on sa a while. Can I still chill with you?

Absolutely. What's good. What's the word, meteloides

dogcrash truther

Space-Pope posted:

hi byob what's up

I like your av.

dogcrash truther

I Dunno posted:

i remember he made a post threatening someone and it was really funny and was his custom title for a bit. anyone remember what it was?

Zen Dudeism posted:

I have a copy of Byob podcast and was going to post it up until about 4 posts or so ago.

EDIT; Also, since you caught me on the correct night, I cordially invite you to lick the beef jerky flavored poo poo from the deepest recesses of my rear end in a top hat, dogcrash truther. Goddamn, at least INRI is somewhat funny. You try to slide by off "everyone knows me and I have a matt damon avatar!" In short, eat a flaming pile of gently caress and when you're done, please continue raping mentally challenged 3rd graders you loving unfunny piece of monkey poo poo.

dogcrash truther
there was also one about biting a hole in someone's cheek i think that was directed towards inri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther

Looke posted:

this

the raw audio is somewhere, if i find it ill upload it somewhere in-case anyone feels like killing themselves...

please don't. It's better to forget

• Locked thread