Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther

i am he posted:

Ok stupid mods, please goldmine the highbrow humor thread and the gaza thread. I think they are good examples of the fresh byob jokes we're bringin to the table these days and people should be greeted with them when they check out they byob goldmine thinking "hmm i wonder what byob is all aobut, maybe its funny."

i'm not going to goldmine threads i started but for what it's worth i think the weed humor thread is not funny enough as a whole to goldmine even though it has some funny posts in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther

i am he posted:

i think i found a flaw in the byob plan to make the funny, wealthy, and good at sex, guy the mod

I don't think I ever said I was wealthy. But I am.

dogcrash truther
BYOB unequivocally has the sexiest, wealthiest IKs.

dogcrash truther

meteloides posted:

Everyone's so nice and friendly, I like it here already. Thank you all :)

BYOB, what should I do for dinner? I just pulled tilapia and chicken thighs out of the freezer, but they are still frozen. Should I get a pizza?

Don't get a pizza

dogcrash truther

Dirigibleful posted:

why was byob made

Posted by Cargo Hold on November 18, 2006
I do believe that BYOB is the forums largest income source.

dogcrash truther
My understanding is Lowtax started BYOB as a place where people could just gently caress around and be creative and weird without having to worry about being held to a particularly high standard.

I don't know why it was reopened after a four year haitus but if I had to guess, I'd guess the feeling was that such a place was needed again. Right about the same time, Niki Fishsticks and Prefuse became IKs and the LURKERS thread got stickied, and the GBS rules got changed a number of times to be less stringent. I think overall the idea has been to make SA a bit more welcoming and reopening BYOB was part of that. So I hope you find it welcoming :)

dogcrash truther

i am he posted:

I feel very welcome.

Good, because you are.

dogcrash truther
All are welcome.

dogcrash truther

Short Penguin posted:

Yay. Hello, i'm Short Penguin, just a goob who's studying american sign language and literature. Dunno what i'm going to do with it, but i'll do something! I'm pretty chill and live to watch netflix, talk to people online and general internet stuffs.

Also. I live in a commune.

nice to meet you all :)

:wave:

Is the literature in any way related to the sign language or is it two separate things? Both those things are interesting to me. And what kind of commune?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther

Mike Maddux posted:

Hello I am a BYOB newb

Back to the penguin eh

• Locked thread