Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

All you need is Love.

Wikipedia posted:

Canadian content (abbreviated CanCon, cancon or can-con) refers to the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) requirements, derived from the Broadcasting Act of Canada, that radio and television broadcasters (including cable and satellite specialty channels) must air a certain percentage of content that was at least partly written, produced, presented, or otherwise contributed to by persons from Canada. It also refers to that content itself, and, more generally, to cultural and creative content that is Canadian in nature.

quote:

Magic! is a Canadian reggae fusion band

Canadian music music is a worthless abyss and I hope all Canadian "artists" die in the prolonged painful deaths that they deserve. Except Aalanis Morissette, Jagged Little Pill was OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

how can they write music when it's so cold

Iggy Koopa
Jan 1, 1970

happy halloween

Yeah maybe don't mention The Tragically Hip, or Our Lady Peace, or Neverending White Lights, just mention all the really lovely pop music coming out of Canada, that's really fair. Go back to your condo and wait for death.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

Counterpoint:

Iggy Koopa
Jan 1, 1970

happy halloween

IRQ posted:

Counterpoint:

see this dude knows what is up

Glory of Arioch
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

sorry

Trees and Squids
Feb 13, 2012

Banned?

Canadians don't really 'get' music

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

what was his name?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

GOIN' MOG WILD HERE, KUPO!

Canada needs to stop

Gypsum Fantastic
Aug 8, 2012

Says the land that gave us Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Hansen, Johnny Cash to name a few...

Claven666
Jun 27, 2010

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Says the land that gave us Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Hansen, Johnny Cash to name a few...

um, wtf is wrong with johnny cash pray tell?

also, everyone needs to remember that canada gave us Chuggo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPeHk4WMWpY

Iggy Koopa
Jan 1, 1970

happy halloween

Claven666 posted:

come on loving guy

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

All you need is Love.

Gypsum Fantastic
Aug 8, 2012

Claven666 posted:

what was that one song he did about shooting a man just to watch him die and then that other one hurt about taking heroin geez depressing much?

Iggy Koopa
Jan 1, 1970

happy halloween

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

what was that one song he did about shooting a man just to watch him die and then that other one hurt about taking heroin geez depressing much?

are you loving retarded

Iggy Koopa
Jan 1, 1970

happy halloween

i honestly cant tell but i would feel really bad about all the times ive called you a enjoyable human being and a retard if youre actually legitimately retarded

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

All you need is Love.

Iggy Koopa posted:

i honestly cant tell but i would feel really bad about all the times ive called you a enjoyable human being and a retard if youre actually legitimately retarded

Stop being so Canadian.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

you appear to have fallen off your log to some extent

Hey Olives, Big Wreck asked me to tell you to jump off a cliff.

Gypsum Fantastic
Aug 8, 2012

Iggy Koopa posted:

Chill Winston, just cos some of us don't get off watching a 'good ol boy' singing the blues or whatever.

Iggy Koopa
Jan 1, 1970

happy halloween

no i mean because trent reznor wrote hurt you loving mongoloid

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

have a sad cum bb

GY!BE and TSMZOTLLB OP

Gypsum Fantastic
Aug 8, 2012

Iggy Koopa posted:

no i mean because trent reznor wrote hurt you loving mongoloid

Irrelevent. Johnny Cash still chose of his own free will to song a song expressly about mainlining heroin. Hardly a role model!

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Cowboy Junkies
The Band
Joni Mitchell
Neil Young

Iggy Koopa
Jan 1, 1970

happy halloween

Nanomashoes posted:

GY!BE and TSMZOTLLB OP

silver mount zion is really good

Slipknot Hoagie
Jan 5, 2004

Our Lady Peace lmao ahahaha

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

IF YOU TRY TO GIVE ME ADVICE WHEN I ASK FOR IT I WILL GET ANGRY AND TELL YOU TO STOP REPEATING YOURSELF ALSO I HATE RIMWORLD

I am Canadian and hope The Tragically Hip all die in some kind of horrific accident that leaves their bodies unidentifiable as even human. Gordon Downy's voice is as irritating nails on a chalkboard and the music is repetative and simplistic but still better than Downy's voice.

Iggy Koopa
Jan 1, 1970

happy halloween

Fermented Tinal posted:

I am Canadian and hope The Tragically Hip all die in some kind of horrific accident that leaves their bodies unidentifiable as even human. Gordon Downy's voice is as irritating nails on a chalkboard and the music is repetative and simplistic but still better than Downy's voice.

this but about u

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

AFC NORTH PITY FUCK

IRQ posted:

Counterpoint:

Not that great.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

Death From Above 1979

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

All you need is Love.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Can you explain why Canada is so worthless?

Iggy Koopa
Jan 1, 1970

happy halloween

The Whole Internet posted:

Death From Above 1979

these guys are releasing a new album

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

tv shows, too

Iggy Koopa
Jan 1, 1970

happy halloween

icantfindaname posted:

tv shows, too

this one i cant argue with, but a lot of good american shows are filmed here

Big McHuge
Feb 4, 2014

Sam Roberts is pretty good and Canadian.

Prallax Litovsk
Oct 5, 2013

This poster has no sense of humourTM and is fully aware of it.

I live here and can confirm that Canada is bad I don't know why I haven't killed myself yet.

Last night I literally had a dream that I moved to NYC and it was great.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i don't think i'm alone in saying this canadian content tax break business is one of the most monstrous crimes against human dignity of our age

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

like the goal is to promote canada's culture i guess but after seeing the stuff it produces i don't think i like canada's culture very much, so maybe it's backfiring

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Three Olives posted:

Quebec

Sheng-ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmdq2NrnGg0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012
Who do I have to piss off to get a red title?

Three Olives posted:

Canadians just don't get passionate about stuff because the cold has dulled their brains.

«8 »