Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cruft

Pedantra, will you go to the dance with me? :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Salmiakki posted:

i will be wearing a suit at the dance

Speedo and bowtie for me.

cruft

Pedantra posted:

er... um... cruft! *blushing profusely* hehe, ha.... um.... well... you seeeee... i was err eehhh,, waiting for someone in particular to ask but.... weellll.... Okay :D

Oh wow.

[Side note: it never played out this way for me in actual high school]

Salmiakki posted:

put the bowtie on top of the speedo

This is a solid plan, hope you don't mind Pedantra.

cruft

Oh, a theme.

I suggest "The Grungy 90s"

cruft

Pedantra posted:

*ahem* I have just been informed that there will be a new rule at this years school dance, all attendees MUST bring a date, and those who are unable will have their dates assigned. Thank you. I will be updating the OP with a list of known pairings later tonight and we'll start on assignments once we have a clear picture. Thank you.

That is a pretty lovely rule.

I hereby offer myself as a date for anybody who wants to attend the dance but can't get a date. I'm still totally going with Pedantra but I'm happy to be anybody's standby since the rules don't say this isn't allowed.

cruft

cruft posted:

I'm still totally going with Pedantra

Brief serious post: this thread is for reals bringing back the excitement of having a date for a school dance. I'm actually nervous here in my office chair. Weird.

cruft

Um. I hope you're not running for re-election because.

cruft

Reset Button posted:

as president of the goth delegation we would like to state that this is a clear violation of our rights. girls do not want to talk to us and the only girl in our delegation is Ebony and she doesn't shower.
I can't help but feel as if this could all be solved with more maggots and despair.

I'll be your date, Reset Button.

Gonna request the DJ play "promiscuous girl" :pervert:

cruft

cruft posted:

I'll be your date, Reset Button.

Pedantra is still totes my date tho, just wanna make that clear.

cruft

Reset Button posted:

I am fine with polyamory as is Lucifer, son of the morning.

Okay look I need to make this clear. I will be your date for purposes of getting in to the dance. But that does not mean I am buying you dinner at The Cooperage, and you are not invited into my 1979 Toranado after the dance.

cruft

Pedantra posted:

im getting cucked by cruft :sweatdrop:

Oh, no, baby, you're still my #1 girl, I just wanted to give people an option around this bullshit new rule so they could still go to the dance even if they didn't have a date.

cruft

Reset Button posted:

why does despair always follow me?

Have you thought about asking WMS 2.0?

cruft

Bo-Pepper posted:

everyone must be a one snow crab width apart while dancing at all times

* looks conspiratorially at Pedantra *

cruft

Do we have a theme yet? I really like the idea of an "oldies from the 90's" theme. With Nirvana and Goo Goo Dolls and Foo Fighters. Have you guys ever heard of this band called "Soundgarden"?

cruft

Caminus_Umbra posted:

I, being a scary eyeless monster person, will gladly accompany any lovely lady to this dance. I will be dressed formally in a T-shirt and jeans, possibly with a a bitchin' pair of sunglasses

You have to ask somebody. Maybe Matoi Ryuko who I think is a dude, or i am he who I'm sure is a dude.

cruft

YOWZA!

I'm totes goin' with the chick with a bunch of rings and high-voltage resistant footwear! TOO BAD DCT!

cruft

Bad Username posted:

Im not going

Nope, wrong, you're going.

This is totally going to be the stoner's ball. Man, I wish this had been a real thing when I was in school, I might have looked forward to dances.

cruft

Holy crap I have no idea who's taking who anymore, much less who's bought what dress. Good thing I'm doing the speedo/bowtie thing, don't think anybody else is planning on that?

cruft

Hey, Pedantra, weren't you going to update the OP with who's taking whom?

cruft

Pedantra posted:

this years theme is aids. what a good joke to steal, thanks looke.

Okay great so who's going with whom, bb.

cruft

ChairmanMeow posted:

I'm wearing a short dress and no underwear so I can be the most popular girl getting on the roof.

:wom:

How come if boys do this it's a sex crime

cruft

cruft posted:

:wom:

How come if boys do this it's a sex crime

Stupid speedo

cruft

ChairmanMeow posted:

aint nobody pressing charges

Actually I'm starting to think that Pedantra might be regretting accepting my offer, so Pedantra, if you like, I'll wear something more conventional like my Z Cavaricci pants and a white shirt.

cruft

Sleepy Owl posted:

im going to cure you

Hey Owl, I'm really glad I asked Pedantra, she's a totally cool girl, but has ChairmanMeow ever said anything about me that you've heard?

cruft

ChairmanMeow posted:

did you get them at merry go round or chess king? man those pants

I for real had a bunch of those.

Lemme see if I can find a photo from my junior prom. It is to laugh.

cruft

Okay, change of plans: I'll wear my stompin' boots, a black utilikilt, and a puffy white pirate shirt. And when people inevitably ask what I'm wearing under the kilt, I'll say "Pedantra's going to find out later" :smug:

cruft

Sleepy Owl posted:

very many terrible terrible things

:ohdear:

ChairmanMeow posted:

be careful she has some anger issues

Who, Pedantra? :ohdear:

cruft

saboten posted:

sOMEONE TAKE ME

i can't dance but man am i easy

I can dance and am also easy. But also I'm a guy so. Plus I already have a date, don't know if I've mentioned that yet.

cruft

That's funny but not at all accurate. Typically dudes don't have any clue what to do with their arms, and rather than risk looking dumb, they sort of treat their arms like these new growths that they don't know what to do with. So dangling at the sides, or crossed, maybe in the pockets?

cruft

Salmiakki posted:

i will avoid aksing anyone to be my date, to avoid any diseases that this dance is themed around

You should go with Saranya. Just a suggestion.

cruft

Pedantra posted:

ask each-other you dopes, dont make me do all the work to make this the most magical night of your pathetic lives

Weird how just a couple days as the joke party planner has turned you into an actual typical party planner.

cruft

Pedantra posted:

ah sorry, he's been cucking me left and right, im just a little jumpy is all

I thought cucking was something women did to men. Maybe we're looking at different, um, web sites.

cruft

saboten posted:

you deserve better

No way me and Peds (that's my pet name for her now) are totally going to stay together for life.

(OH GOD WHAT IF SHE BREAKS UP WITH ME)

cruft

This is Pedantra IRL guys. :smug:

cruft

Pedantra posted:

*eyes dart around the room to see if DCT is watching*

(OH GOD SHE'S GOING TO BREAK UP WITH ME)

*checks out ChairmanMeow*

cruft

Saranya posted:

Yay!!:love: Is now a bad time to tell you I can't dance?

Seriouspost: It was a big fuckin' deal when two chicks went to the dance together in 12th grade, but I get a feeling that this is no longer the case where I live.

cruft

Way to kill thrad, Angry Fish.

cruft

Caminus_Umbra posted:

I will touch other places too!

Ahem.

cruft

Angry Fish who are you taking to the dance.

I'm taking Pedantra (who is v. hott) don't know if I've mentioned that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Wait, Pedantra, you're a girl right? Just realized I never asked.

• Locked thread