Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is MJ?
King of Pop
King of Pedophelia
Goku
Vegeta
Whacko Jacko
Show us on the doll where he touched you, Gohan
View Results

• Locked thread
TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
Without him the Bulls would have never been as popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TryAgainBragg posted:

Without him the Bulls would have never been as popular

Heh, this guy is confusing Michael Jackson with Michael JORDAN from the chicago black hawks. crazy lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hey Lando Calrissian!

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Goddamnit, whatever happened to a consistent voice in trolling methodology?

we live in dark times friend

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you shoiuld always be able to alter the flow of your troll stream. the trolling must be controlled and delivered according to the "sitch", or situation

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
He was a nutritious nugget chewed up, digested, and excreted by the pop industry.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

a creepy colon posted:

you shoiuld always be able to alter the flow of your troll stream. the trolling must be controlled and delivered according to the "sitch", or situation
some people don't notice and bite anyway it's ridiculous

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Liked his music and dancing. Have never been able to decide whether he was weird and childlike because he didn't have much of a childhood, or if he was weird and childlike because he was a creepy pedophile.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Liked his music and dancing. Have never been able to decide whether he was weird and childlike because he didn't have much of a childhood, or if he was weird and childlike because he was a creepy pedophile.

why it can't be both

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cubone posted:

why it can't be both

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I think the funniest possibility is that he never touched any kids and became a pariah without reason.

But kiddy diddling isn't nearly as notable as TURNING INTO A WHITE MAN. Amazing. It gives me hope that one day I can turn polynesian or maybe hispanic, if that's easier.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
He turned into a white woman actually

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
If I never heard him on the radio again, that would be fine.
Hell if I never heard the radio again, I would be ecstatic.

Michael Jackson was a lucky performer who made good music when all of culture was being turned into this monolith monoculture to the point where people in other countries know who the Michael Jackson is, making him large than Elvis and the Beatles. His album thriller was a best seller two years in a row, '83 and '84 (the only other album is Adele from 2012 to 2013). To a large extent his popularity is a creation of that monoculture era. We will probably never again have that sort of monoculture that we had in the 80's, but none of us want it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_by_year_in_the_United_States

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Michael Jackson was a lucky performer who made good music when all of culture was being turned into this monolith monoculture to the point where people in other countries know who the Michael Jackson is, making him large than Elvis and the Beatles. His album thriller was a best seller two years in a row, '83 and '84 (the only other album is Adele from 2012 to 2013). To a large extent his popularity is a creation of that monoculture era. We will probably never again have that sort of monoculture that we had in the 80's, but none of us want it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_by_year_in_the_United_States

wow yeah lots of ppl liked him in the 80s cuz monolith culture or whatever makes a lot of sense till you consider his popularity has remained the same for loving 30+ more years you moron

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can literally walk up to any 6 year old kid in america and be like 'yo who is michael jackson' and they will flip u the bird, grab their crotch and moon walk all over ur face cuz literally everyone loves michael jacksons music except for weird autists who are most certainly white and only listne to death metal

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

anime avatar lol

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
his dad was a rat bastard. Joe Cola, what the gently caress.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
monolith culture

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dennis Eckersley posted:

his dad was a rat bastard. Joe Cola, what the gently caress.

remember when he addressed the press immediately after MJs death and the first thing he mentioned was his new record label he was starting or something smdh :smith:

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
while were at it if you also don't like prince youre a terrible person with terrible taste and should go get hosed tbh

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dick Fagballzson posted:

monolith culture

he actually said monolith mono culture lol

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Twee as gently caress posted:

while were at it if you also don't like prince youre a terrible person with terrible taste and should go get hosed tbh

Prince is fine, other than being a massive fan-hating rear end in a top hat.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
he was a fantastic entertainer that most likely raped kids. if he didn't rape kids then he was working really hard to appear like he did

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
Ive found myself listening to a softrock/pop channel while working lately because if I hear bob segar or steve miller one more goddamn time im gonna explode. Well while I been listening to this station they occasionally will play some MJ but it is only pre-thriller. The same station only plays 80s music on the weekends.

Ive not once heard them play anything from thriller on up.

Thriller is the line between acceptable colered boy and pedo-freak honkey

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Michael Jackson made some amazing albums, and you have zero taste if you disagree. But as for his personal life, it's basically Schrodinger's Kiddie Diddle. We'll never find out if he touched or hosed any kids, but if we were to definitely know the truth it would completely change our perceptions of Michael Jackson forever.

And then there's Roman Polanski, who actually drugged and raped a girl in the rear end. But I guess Michael Jackson's detractors can forgive that because Polanski directed Chinatown and Rosemary's Baby. And if he hadn't fled the country to avoid sentencing after drugging and raping a child in the rear end, then we never would've gotten The Pianist.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
lol at the presumably obese beret-toting goons ITT claiming MJ was mediocre

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Homestar Runner posted:

lol at the presumably obese beret-toting goons ITT claiming MJ was mediocre

Michael Jackson was crap. I was just being nice earlier.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
ugh popular music *sighs and puts on sufjan stevens*

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

a creepy colon posted:

wow yeah lots of ppl liked him in the 80s cuz monolith culture or whatever makes a lot of sense till you consider his popularity has remained the same for loving 30+ more years you moron

you know what, tou are totally right. Jackson's popularity was drat steady for years, I mean hell "you rock my world" has 1 billion views on youtube alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-7ABIM2qjU

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

you know what, tou are totally right. Jackson's popularity was drat steady for years, I mean hell "you rock my world" has 1 billion views on youtube alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-7ABIM2qjU

you rock my world was a great track

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

He was a weirdo that made good music that got worse over time like all musicians

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Wizzle-Wazzle posted:

He was a weirdo that made lovely music that got worse over time like all mediocre musicians

Fixed.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
ABC was pretty good.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
If Michael Jackson abided by cultural norms, the world would be a much happier happier place. Think about it.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

GigaPeon posted:

If Michael Jackson had died before recording Thriller, the world would be a much happier happier place. Think about it.

Fixed this one, too.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Michael was a victim of gold digging. Nothing ever happened and those that think so are closet racists.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
I like his songs where he doesn't yell. Those make me uncomfortable.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
He made a song and hosed up music video that literally told people to leave him alone.

I guess all his music videos sucked. Except for the one where the little poo poo of a son sent his father to Africa or something. "Eat this :BUNGAWONGAWONGAGOOOGOOOOBUNGAWWONGAGOOOGOOOOOO:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Fixin' poo poo

• Locked thread