Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best drum solo?
The Rhythm Method
The Rhythm Method 1997
O Baterista
Der Trommler
De Slagwerker
Moto Perpetuo
The Percussor/Binary Love Theme/Steambanger's Ball
View Results

• Locked thread
ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CqOtEz6PfA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Seeing Rush live is pretty great because they practically play 3 entire concerts, and there are videos and special effects and Neil does a bunch of drum solos and generally everyone just has a good time. I like Rush.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Every Canadian posted:

Seeing Rush live is pretty great because they practically play 3 entire concerts, and there are videos and special effects and Neil does a bunch of drum solos and generally everyone just has a good time. I like Rush.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

eh

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I want to vote goku but can't, wth OP

PS. When he did the Buddy Rich tribute, that was the best

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

ayn rand

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

neil peart doesn't like ayn rand anymore. they broke up

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Benedick Cuckold posted:

neil peart doesn't like ayn rand anymore. they broke up

don't worry i'm sure she'll be fine and live a long happy life/will die surrounded by friends and loved ones

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Rush is a great band that has influenced other great bands and calling it 'human being rock' is really, really rude.

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

Robo Reagan posted:

don't worry i'm sure she'll be fine and live a long happy life/will die surrounded by friends and loved ones

So just Leonard Peikoff.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
Peart is an excellent musician, terrible rock drummer. I hope this sorts this out.

I mean *Peart slams on a bunch of drums and other percussion instruments as fast and technically as he can for 10 minutes completely out of context of the song he was just playing* that's perfection.

rcman50166 fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 22, 2014

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Call of Cholula posted:

Rush is a great band that has influenced other great bands and calling it 'human being rock' is really, really rude.

They might have been pretty cool in 1977 or whatever, but they're totally lame now, and their "sound" has not aged well at all.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
rush more like rash

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

rush more like rash

Morally Inept
Mar 5, 2012

by XyloJW

rcman50166 posted:

Peart is an excellent musician, terrible rock drummer. I hope this sorts this out.

I mean *Peart slams on a bunch of drums and other percussion instruments as fast and technically as he can for 10 minutes completely out of context of the song he was just playing* that's perfection.

You need to actually listen to him play instead of trying to be edgy. It's obvious you never heard him play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
It can't be a coincidence that girls started talking to me right about the time I stopped listening to Rush.

• Locked thread