Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I would like to kill Megabloks. They are the devil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Death to Megabloks!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Confirming that Megabloks are the devil.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

So what's up lego friends?

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

apostateCourier posted:

##vote merk

Sup guys

Maybe if we do this three times, he'll appear like beetlejuice.

##vote merk

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

kaschei posted:

poo poo I didn't notice aC either, eeny meeny
##vote apostateCourier

hah, beat me to posting about your inconsistent enforcement. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Legos!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

You don't plural Lego!

##vote King Burgundy

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it was a trap!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

You made this vote, no one commented on it, and then you moved away. Was this scum trying to get something easy going on day 1? Looks like it. ##vote Foo

Seems pretty thin, but it is day one and I guess that is the closest thing to a reasonable argument I've seen.

##vote Foo

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Captain Foo posted:

weak, and then with the silent unvote...

there was no reason to vote unless you wanted a turbo - we're not close to deadline. You voted on someone else's one-line "case" at a time when you really didn't need to.

##vote king bung

This case is so ridiculous I can't even believe you are trying this omgus vote. You are making me second guess taking my vote off you, maybe it was a fake claim after all?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Captain Foo posted:

I don't know if you're a LEGO or a megablox, that's what throwing votes around is supposed to help accomplish, by generating reactions. I'm getting better at generating them, but I'm still not so strong reading them. I think there's something to be said for how people jump on or off bandwagons, and now we have a lot of info re: that

Hi Foo, since you are here, you are still at -1.

Sell me on not voting for you, or even who should I vote for instead and why? Obviously, you won't be able to sell me on your current vote choice, try again?

To everyone else, right now it looks like the only choices on the table are Foo or No Lynch. Anyone else that people want to think about lynching and rally around? It feels like most of the votes out there right now are joke votes and/or people aren't really trying to sell them. (notable exceptions: Quidnose seems serious about Opop, kaschei seems serious about Hal)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmmm, so since Merk turned out to be acting in good faith, and given his experience with the game, I'm feeling like I should take his other opinions with some level of importance.

So he briefly flirted with the idea of FV as scum:

merk posted:

##vote fv

merk posted:

No, I thought fv's vote and unvote sounded awkward. That's the only thing that jumped out of the page at all.

Then he moved onto Foo, who of course turned out to be an enemy.

Next up, he jumped on Quidnose for defending Foo:

merk posted:

##vote Quidnose - defending others instead of casing people. The Opo case is gotcha scum hunting.

He said a lot more on Quidnose, but it is mostly quotes with added context, so not going to try to fit it all in here.

Lastly, in response to Kaschei's vote on Hal, he says:

merk posted:

I guess this isn't bad. I'd probably vote with it if the Foo thing dies, but I would much prefer Foo.

Merk's target of FV felt a little weak to me, although I'd like to see FV say a bit more, but I'm feeling ok about either of the others. I think I'll start with Hal since Quidnose is a lot more active.

##vote Hal

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Do you have any opinions of your own or are you just going to go with Merk's day 1 reads? That post screams "faking content."

##vote Burgenman

I've still only finished one complete mafia game, so it's true I do a lot of cribbing of others work while I get my feet wet. To me your vote just now just looks like omgus since I called you out above. :shrug:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Except you didn't REALLY, you said you were ok with voting me based on one dude's opinion and then voted for Hal because I am posting more than he is. Really, your vote is lovely and lazy, man.

That is fair. I appreciate your quest for non laziness in mafia. I agree with the sentiment and that is why I usually focus on lurkers initially.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

greatZebu posted:

What I really don't like about this (aside from the way you're just retelling merk's votes without adding anything about your own thinking explaining why you find them persuasive) is the way you're implicitly making a list of people to kill that we should start making our way through. And you're doing it without even really arguing against any of the people on the list.

##vote King Burgundy

Are you seriously telling me you don't make lists of people you think are potentially scummy as you read a mafia thread? Your reasoning seems pretty lame to me. But so be it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

greatZebu posted:

I don't take issue with having a list of people you think are scummy (although this seems to be more of a list of people merk thought were scummy). I take issue with the mentality of "let's start with Hal, then we can move on to Quidnose". Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but this kind of linear plan with no real backing logic makes me suspicious.

Ahhhh, ok, that makes sense then. I was just saying *I* would start with Hal. He's said the least, I was hoping it would prompt him to speak up so I could better judge for myself. He still hasn't said poo poo though.

Quidnose is feeling pretty towny to me at the moment, so I probably won't end up going down that road.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Maybe our suspicions have something to do with your posting, Opop :allears:

I would still be ok with an Opop vote, but I like the Burgen "I'm going to let dead merk have done the work for me - oh wait that's bad? well I'm new to this game but won't actually do any work still after being called out to it" case better atm.

So I reread the thread just now, and combed through individual posters history, and I'm really not seeing the reason for the focus on me Quid. I know you don't like my low effort retread of Merk's cases, but after looking back through the thread, that is more effort than almost everyone else in the thread has put forth at this point. As long as others continue to go days without even posting, and those who are posting are mostly not doing much, it makes it awfully hard for me to build a solid case that isn't just "look at how this person never answered these questions" or "look at how this person doesn't post".

Hal Incandenza posted:

I haven't checked, but I would be willing to bet I am somewhere in the middle in terms of posting this game.

You definitely aren't the guy with the lowest post count, I'll give you that. FV,Great Zebu and AC have less to say. Having read the thread again, it certainly feels like all AC is doing is hopping around from vote to vote and not contributing anything of any meaning. Seems pretty scummy.

apostateCourier posted:

:supaburn: ##vote opop
##unvote I'm not that stupid don't worry

This post hit me wrong, "Look I'm jumping on another joke vote! Just Kidding! See, I'm still here doing things guys!"

##vote apostateCourier

Hi AC! Who do you think is scum and why?

Also, Hal, next time you grace us with your presence, have you formed any opinions yet?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

9 hours left. Helllllllooooooooooooo?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

apostateCourier posted:

Don't do capps's thing that's capps's thing

I thoughts Capps's thing was posting insanely clipped sentences without proper grammar, punctuation or sense?

Also, AC, you still haven't really taken a stand on anything, and you are one of four who hasn't bothered to place a vote yet today. Honestly, I'm feeling better about my vote on you the more time passes. Anyone want to join me?

Having said that though, there aren't really enough people in this game for so many of you to be such wallflowers. Someone has to do something. It isn't just AC.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

apostateCourier posted:

I suffered an injury to the head recently and am just trying to have fun instead of thinking too hard.

Uhhh, how serious was this AC? Maybe you should get some more rest?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hi!

2.5 hours left. Asiina, Opo, AC, Hal, would any of you actually like to vote on anyone before the deadline?

Voters, any new thoughts? For my part, I'm still fine with AC or Hal, but I'm really feeling the AC vote.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'll switch to Asiina, I think she's scum.

I would consider this as well.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I was hoping so, but honestly I expect to get some attention today from people who were on me yesterday, and I didn't want this to seem like a last ditch scum claim when it's the truth. I tried to play it straight for 2 nights but after still getting nothing last night I'm pretty frustrated so I'm just laying it all out there.

This was me. You were my vote today. Now I don't know wtf. Going to have to reread the thread.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Would vote GZ. Pops up before deadline D1 to do a read through. Day ends before he votes or shares thoughts.

Turns up before deadline D2 to re-read. Never comes back with any opinions or a vote.

He's faking looking active without actually contributing. These re-reads never happen and he never adds anything further to the discussion.

Yeah, I think GZ strikes me as the most scummy of the two, but that is mostly because I have no idea how to read Kasch at all.

I'll vote there for now.

##vote greatZebu

As part of my reread tho:
Quid, you've been pretty quiet the last few days, what's up?
Asiina, you haven't really made any judgements of your own(at least that you've stuck to) yet, this is one of the reasons I've been thinking you are scum. Who do you think is scum and why?
Hal, your last thoughts about scum were that you were suspicious of Quid and Asiina, but you haven't actually voted in this game since the vote on Foo, sup?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

greatZebu posted:

On your reread, did you notice that yesterday when you were borrowing merk's reads, your top scum candidates were quid and hal? Since then, they both kept a low profile. Now it's a new day and you're borrowing fv's reads, with some bland faux-content questions for your reads from yesterday. None of this feels remotely sincere to me.

##vote king burgundy

This isn't actually true, GZ. The thing you are lying about is something I said to you directly, as well, which makes me even more sure you are scum.

King Burgundy posted:

Quidnose is feeling pretty towny to me at the moment, so I probably won't end up going down that road.

This was my post from the 30th, like 3 days ago. Keep in mind I never voted Quid, all I did was bring up Merk's interests when he was night killed. And when you suggested I was trying to set up a lynch chain of Hal then Quidnose, I immediately responded with the above.

So, are you a liar? Or are you having problems with reading comprehension? I'm thinking 1.

For thoroughness, I'll be honest and say that Quid's sudden disappearance made me wonder, and I noticed he was pretty hot and heavy with both Opo and Merk, who were nightkilled. But after rereading all the exchanges, I'm still only seeing wrong town.

As to Hal, I still very much think he is scum, but I was trying to slow play it and give him a chance to hang himself if he was ever willing to post anything worthwhile. Thus, I prodded him.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Yeah I have. I had my own reasons for voting Foo that were different from other people's. I had my own reason for questioning Hal. I jumped on the aC vote because I was the other lynch target so obviously that's who I was going to vote for.

Meanwhile you haven't really done much but repeat stuff merk said, repeat stuff fv said, and ask really contentless questions that require no thought.

So King B, who do you think is scum and why? Do not quote or reference anyone else's case to make your case.

I'm going to answer your question, but I want everyone to note just in case, that you have just deflected MY question and are still unwilling to give your own thoughts. You just asked me my own question. I'd have to go back again to check, but I don't think this is the first time you've done this. This feels soooo scummy to me.

I was prepared to build a case on you going into today. I thought you and Hal were scum buddies and you were bussing him early on. You spout this nonsense here about having your own reasons for voting these people and while that may be true, they were all inconsistent. You voted then unvoted quickly. Or in the case of Foo, you said this vote looks bad but then hopped on. Honestly, you STILL feel like scum to me, but I'm really bad at role claim stuff and I haven't been burned on believing people's claims yet, so I believe you. But man.

Right now, since GZ just lied about my posting, he has become my #1. My case for that is in the previous post. Hal is still my #2. First he stayed out of the thread until you called him out on it and started off with this:

Hal Incandenza posted:

No, don't! ##vote Foo

So the first time he does anything in the thread is to try and prevent Opop from backing off of Foo and reinforce the turbo(I didn't think it was a turbo at the time, but other people have called it that).

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also I think you are really overselling how I am somehow the driving force behind the push on Foo. I was just doing my part for a good old fashioned D1 turbo. Like I do in every other D1 turbo in any game regardless of alignment.

I have yet to see anyone offer some particular reason why this turbo is bad. You seem to be against it, Asiina was pretty strongly against it and Quidnose seems to be against it, but what on earth is there to make you guys think foo is so town that he deserves all this defense. You guys seems awfully sure he's town.

Then he lets us know that he doesn't really have a reason to vote Foo, he just likes a good turbo. He's curious why other people are so sure he's town that they don't want to turbo?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also KB I graced you with my opinion on noted badguy Captain Foo yesterday, learn to appreciate.

Of course, after all was said and done, he then wanted credit for bringing down the big bad 3p player. And then since the heat was off him, he vanished off the face of the planet again.

So, now that I've answered the question that you still haven't answered, I'll try again with your modified words:

So Asiina, who do you think is scum and why? Do not quote or reference anyone else's case to make your case.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

greatZebu posted:

Fair point about Quidnose, I forgot that you changed your position on him yesterday. In my defense, you sort of flipped over from having serious questions about quid to feeling pretty good about quid without any clear reason (at least not a reason that was clear to me). But the thrust of my argument still stands--your opinions and cases seem completely opportunistic to me since day 2.

Man, I still think you are putting words in my mouth/lying about my positions. Can you quote where I felt THAT strongly about Quidnose that it seemed like this amazing sudden turnaround when I called him towney? You may want to pay attention to timestamps and the other relevant conversation at the time too. I'd appreciate it if you did the research this time rather then misremembering things(if that is what is really happening).

All I did was point out what our nightkilled cop had as positions in case it was relevant, and went ahead and threw my weight behind voting one of them. If you listen to just about anyone else they say that was some weak poo poo and had no merit or weight behind it. So for you to claim that it was this amazing witch hunt that I was on and then suddenly about faced is ridiculous.

Asiina posted:

Meanwhile you haven't really done much but repeat stuff merk said, repeat stuff fv said, and ask really contentless questions that require no thought.

Also, while rereading things to answer GZ, I read this quote again and it pissed me the gently caress off.

I feel like the only one still putting any effort into this thing while the rest of you loving spout off things that you can spend 10 seconds thinking of without doing any loving research.

If it isn't valued, gently caress you all, I'll stop wasting my god drat time on you fucks.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I will drag some content out of this game if it kills me.