Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Make me a purple 1x1 block please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is not the block I requested!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Well this is making me reconsider

No, don't! ##vote Foo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi Asiiiiiiiiina sorry I was out living my life this weekend, I promise to stop that and dedicate myself to mafia.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

You better, Hal!

But this is a bad vote.

I bet there are scum on this vote.

I am not a scum and I am not on the vote.

You find his casual disregard for the game to be a sign that he is at ease as town then?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I am not certain what you mean by this.

I mean he's not really trying and he's throwing his vote around like a wild man.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

don't be disingenuous

I'm not being disingenuous. Why are you focused so much on me? I got here at the end of this.

Also Poque would definitely give fakeclaims so meh

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

furthermore hassling me for throwing votes around in the phase of the game where it's appropriate to do so isn't making you look any better, hal

Yes this major attack I launched against you. It's ok for you to shotgun poo poo all over the place but when I say anything at all I'm the bad guy.

I got back into the game, there was a turbo happening, I didn't find anything you had done to appear townie, I enjoy the turbo, any of you would do the same.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

kaschei posted:

Maybe because you say poo poo like:

Captain Foo was making a lot of dumb noise, it was dumb but I'd rather lynch, oh, Hal, or maybe Opo for waffling-without-waffling:\

OK, why would you rather lynch, oh, me?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

This case is so ridiculous I can't even believe you are trying this omgus vote. You are making me second guess taking my vote off you, maybe it was a fake claim after all?

Look I am a grey 2x4 brick.

You know what else is grey?

That's right, the transmission in a cop car.

I used my N0 double investigation on Asiina and Foo they are both scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

what the gently caress is this

OH IS MY CLAIM NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Hal I think the transmission in your Lego brick is broken.

You should probably get that fixed.

Possibly, yes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

well you're lying in which case you should be lynched, or your sanity is off

:rolleyes:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

guess i shouldnt play at night when i should be sleeping

That is truly the best mafia advice

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Back this up with why you felt this way before you voted for Foo.

What are you asking Mr. Nose?

I dunno man, I just love the rush of the turbo.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

See, but that's not what you said. You said you dug the turbo AND you didn't see him acting in a towny manner. And now I'd like you to back up that second statement.

Hal Incandenza posted:

You find his casual disregard for the game to be a sign that he is at ease as town then?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean he's not really trying and he's throwing his vote around like a wild man.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

kaschei posted:

This is just a "have you stopped beating your wife" question, you pretend to invite a defense of Foo but you're just trying to get someone to stop expressing their doubts about this vote.

##vote Hal

Not at all, a fine response would have been "I feel like Foo never gives a poo poo" and that would have been cool by me.

Also I think you are really overselling how I am somehow the driving force behind the push on Foo. I was just doing my part for a good old fashioned D1 turbo. Like I do in every other D1 turbo in any game regardless of alignment.

I have yet to see anyone offer some particular reason why this turbo is bad. You seem to be against it, Asiina was pretty strongly against it and Quidnose seems to be against it, but what on earth is there to make you guys think foo is so town that he deserves all this defense. You guys seems awfully sure he's town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well, turbo's over now anyway. Such a shame.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Merk, you seem really tunnel visioned on getting Foo lynched and haven't talked about any other cases so far. I haven't known you to be a "this is the only scum" kind of guy. Is Foo's pushing and subsequent drop of your "scumslip" the only scummy thing that has happened today? Can you comment on some of the other cases?

Hilarious.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Usually he has a few people he at least talks about surrounding his obstinance?

Nah, if it's early on he'll stay focused on one person

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

votefinder is a thing you can use to find games that players play. I know it's hard.

Look man, he doesn't want to read all of them to see which one he was town in. It's only 80% likely any one he picks will fit the criteria.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Vote Foo so we can lynch a scum on day 1.

Agreed. Too many people coming in to defend him during the turbo and quite the over-reaction to my fake cop claim makes me feel good about this.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Why does votefinder say "it takes 6 votes to merk!"

Some people are sensitive to "lynch" and somehow merk was chosen as an alternate name.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

It's mostly upsetting because I am never the first 'merk' in online services or video games.

You were first here!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Hmm. I learned something today.

Me too, I can't believe how much the Urban Dictionary can teach me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

I looked at the meangirls one and you're playing basically the same so it wasn't a super helpful request in the end.

Look into your heart for the answers.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

If only in my dreams

:allears:

Look at the terrible way that game ended

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

That is fair. I appreciate your quest for non laziness in mafia. I agree with the sentiment and that is why I usually focus on lurkers initially.

I haven't checked, but I would be willing to bet I am somewhere in the middle in terms of posting this game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Let's spice this game up. Somebody claim.

I'm a 2x4 grey block!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also KB I graced you with my opinion on noted badguy Captain Foo yesterday, learn to appreciate.

I'm driving across the country so posting is a bit spotty.

I'm still suspicious of people who wanted to put the brakes on the Foo vote yesterday which was quidnose, asiina and someone else.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

This is stupid, Hal.

Foo was 3P. Scum would have thought he was town, you dumb, they wouldn't care what happened to him.

Why are you saying things that don't make sense?

##vote Hal

No, it makes perfect sense. Scum would think foo was town and want to look townie by arguing against the lynch so when he flipped town they would have clean hands. Since foo wasn't acting town at all there wasn't any other good reason to take a hard stance against it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

apostateCourier posted:

Cool that's fine trying to have fun here goofing off. You're thinking right though honestly. I'm cool with voting Hal though, and I don't like asiina pulling off of him. ##vote Hal

What? Why?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

I'm at the beach dunno what he is. Flip later

Hahahaha come back home poque!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina, old friend, I only post in bursts because I'm currently engaged in a cross-country drive where I spend most of the day behind the wheel which I find isn't conducive to playing mafia, then I generally fall asleep as soon as I stop. I probably should have asked for a replacement but I haven't asked for one in 234 games or whatever so I hate to break that streak.

I find your points against me to be not so good. I don't see how you've shown me to be "forcing" my point about those who were against the Foo lynch. It's a valid point and your weak attempts to discredit it do you no good. Then you attempt to use me calling Foo a badguy as a point against me as well. That was not a mistake either. A survivor-vig is indeed a danger to town, and I would never trust a survivor who wasn't myself or yuming to be siding with the town. I stand by what I said.

I also don't trust your claim very much. Very easy to claim self-watcher when the likely only town power roles are dead, and I don't think that's a very effective town power in a game this size where you might have one scum role it would be effective against. I'd find that role to be more useful for a scum player in a game like this. Plus I don't like you using it as an excuse to dismiss scummy behavior on your part. Combine that with the fact that you are all over me with a bad case knowing I'm an easy target since I've been pretty absent this game and I'm feeling quite good with a ##vote asiina

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose is my next choice for scum. His only act of note is a burst of posting around the foo turbo and I feel like he threw out a lot of early effort to build town cred them he's been happy to slip under the radar. I probably owe him another read though before pushing this more.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quid's level of activity is not really indicative of alignment. He posts plenty as scum if he has the time to. The best way to tell his alignment is either to press him and see how he reacts, or sometimes you can tell from his tone. He can be very aggressive and pushy as scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I'm not sure why you are giving Hal a pass for only showing up to give a defense of himself, while at the same time being annoyed kaschei did it.

Also it's Day 3. I waited two nights to see if anyone would visit me but got nothing. I don't see how it's convenient now that the cop and doctor are dead because I would never expect them to out themselves to confirm a weird self-watcher role. I would also never out them either. That's the hard part of my role and why I said that I'm not sure how to play it. The only way I see it could be useful would be to get visited and then watch for that person to later make a fake claim. Except I would imagine scum would claim something other than VT to account for possible watchers/trackers. Sorry I don't know how to be effective? Assuming I'm telling the truth and this is my role, how would you have played it?

Okay so first of all I never said it was an excuse to act scummy. I very specifically said that I was not trying to act scummy, just be active.

Second, I think it's easy to target anyone who isn't on a turbo or doesn't want a turbo as saying they have knowledge of the flip when you know you're not going to get any flak for being wrong on a D1 turbo. I think you knew this and set it up before Foo flipped so that you could go back and point fingers at people.

Also I'm not picking on you because you've been absent, c'mon now. Most of the people here have been absent. Quid and kaschei have barely posted anything either. That's a really lazy excuse to dismiss my case, even in part.

I guess I would do nothing in particular with your role, it seems sort of pointless in this game. I don't even get why you claimed at this point.

I also don't know what else to say about your case on me. It seems to be based on me not saying much (not a scumtell for me) and you thinking I'm "fake" when I say people defending Foo are suspicious even though I provided reasoning.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Hal, if you are the last scum you should be ashamed of killing Merk N1. Kaschei, you should be ashamed of blatant trolling (but I know you aren't)

And that right there is practically confirming me as town.

I'd also have at least lightly bussed zebu

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Kaschei, Hal, are either of you going to bother posting any opinions?

kaschei is the scum. ##vote kaschei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

What do you think about everyone else? Who do you think we should be voting?

If you are scum, congrats, you've done a good job!

The flip of mafia roleblocker interests me. Would a roleblocker block the self-watch? If so, then asiina's role has no town function really. Still, I am begrudgingly coming around on asiina as town.

FV feels like town to me.

That leaves kaschei, who was another one who didn't want to vote foo (I gotta be right on one of those) and usually even the most flippant version of town kaschei would have made some sort of point by now.

We've likely got two shots at this (hopefully but not surely) but I think kaschei is pretty much it by process of elimination and by his posting.

• Locked thread