Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Tribes was cool until Hi-Rez realized that they were Hi-Rez, TF2 used to be a cool class-based game but now everyone has weird laser beams and candy canes and poo poo, CS:GO appears to be a choice between whether I want to play CoD with a mouse or learn every map perfectly and turn my mouse sensitivity way down so I can point at the exact right pixel forever, killing floor is dead, payday 2 has godawful stealth segments and random drops, CoD and BF are CoD and BF, I guess Chivalry is pretty cool.

What game should I play, Imp Zone??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Killing Floor was poo poo even when servers were populated, so many bad decisions

pick random fpses in steam and try them, i know crysis 2 has online but i don't know if it's good

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
No OP, there are none. :(

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

embrace what you call poo poo as actually being good, because it is. be thankful you're not playing dota, fucker.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Dota was pretty cool until suddenly every game turned into a loss in twenty minutes and all four of my teammates spending an hour blaming each other for the loss.

And that was STILL better than playing with pubs

What I'm saying is that I say a prayer every five seconds that I may never have to gaze upon dota again

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if you play dota make a dota crew and kick anyone who isn't rad out of it

imp zone has a ut2004 server but i don't know how much it's up or how many people play, i got on once for like five minutes

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

quake live and thats it. lock the thread and ban the op.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

counterstrike go is somehow fun and competitive is really chill.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
get call of duty ghost and play extinction mode w/ friends

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Serious mothafuckin Sam

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

Flynn Taggart posted:

Serious mothafuckin Sam

goddamn it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

natural selection 2

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Flynn Taggart posted:

Serious mothafuckin Sam

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

TF2 has been dying for a real long time but at least it is not dead yet.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
tf2 still owns; just find vanilla servers to play on

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011
doom

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.quakelive.com

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Neotokyo is okay I guess, whatever. I like to play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 the mode where you only have one bullet that's cool

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
yeh if you want still cool multiplayer FPS games quakelive and quake1 are still played by lots and are still the best

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Air Buccaneers. It's like Battlefield with classes and 2 team bases, but with mystical nordic airships. You can board other peoples airships mid air with grappling hooks and stab them while they're driving (what BF really needs in choppers IMO). It also has a tornado map which is pretty amazing but sadly I think the game's community has died off. Guns of Icarus is similar but nowhere near as funny.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

psyman posted:

Air Buccaneers. It's like Battlefield

*starts throwing up*

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Payday 2 is good if you avoid the stealth levels and get that courier package dlc for a dollar off the steam sale, but its always hard to get a good game going

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Warframe is pretty cool and you can get pretty much everything in it for free. It's third-person though so that might put you off, but it's fun to play a few matches or so.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I came in here to say Tribes is good. What did Hi-Rez do that is so unforgivable?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
does BFBC2 still have a playerbase? I think that's the last multiplayer fps I really enjoyed which is saying something since there was only like 4 or 5 playable levels

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

does BFBC2 still have a playerbase? I think that's the last multiplayer fps I really enjoyed which is saying something since there was only like 4 or 5 playable levels

I feel so bad for you, for enjoying a piece of trash.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

psyman posted:

Air Buccaneers. It's like Battlefield with classes and 2 team bases, but with mystical nordic airships. You can board other peoples airships mid air with grappling hooks and stab them while they're driving (what BF really needs in choppers IMO). It also has a tornado map which is pretty amazing but sadly I think the game's community has died off. Guns of Icarus is similar but nowhere near as funny.

I find Guns to be a lot more fun and with more people to play with. Boarding other ships is hilarious, however.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Wormskull posted:

I feel so bad for you, for enjoying a piece of trash.
I have a lot of emotional problems and insecurities tia

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Bacon Hat posted:

counterstrike go is somehow fun and competitive is really chill.

Except for when you get stuck with jerkoffs, but I mean it's CS so what do you expect. Still a fun game though.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
does quake live still have in-game ads cuz lol

is quake live still a browser game cuz lol

if so, when quake live comes to steam like bethesda be sayin is it going to be an actual .exe that runs or is it just gonna be a web link from your steam library because lol

Soral
May 30, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

Warframe is pretty cool and you can get pretty much everything in it for free. It's third-person though so that might put you off, but it's fun to play a few matches or so.

i can confirm that warframe is a fun game in spite of being complete poo poo

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Soral posted:

it's true, i have a gun that has too much hours put into it and someone bought me the $100 warframe pack

i don't play anymore :(

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Soral posted:

my favorite game that features patch notes such as "fixed health packs draining health from teammates" and other amazing fuckups

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i used to spend not inconsiderable amounts of time in the dojo finding all the ways to suicide

i can't find the screenshot of me doing it so here's a picture of my sc3 character instead

i had a picture of me dead in the dojo and someone allcapsed at me HOW

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Mung Dynasty posted:

does quake live still have in-game ads cuz lol

is quake live still a browser game cuz lol

if so, when quake live comes to steam like bethesda be sayin is it going to be an actual .exe that runs or is it just gonna be a web link from your steam library because lol

it stopped being a browser game late last year, dropping linux and mac support in the process. it still has in game ads tho

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

halo: ce demo on pc is still going strong.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Hog Butcher posted:

i used to spend not inconsiderable amounts of time in the dojo finding all the ways to suicide

i can't find the screenshot of me doing it so here's a picture of my sc3 character instead

i had a picture of me dead in the dojo and someone allcapsed at me HOW

i made a mickey mouse in sc5 that was loving baller and sounded pretty close to him

we're never gonna see a sc6 are we?

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

i still dont get why quake live removed all the gore or any of the other dumb decisions they made with that thing its loving stupid

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Planet side 2 is scratching my shoot mans itch lately, though in order for it not to suck really hard then you should play with a group and goons are autismal as hell. Still kinda fun though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

battlefield is cool and fun if you approach it from the mindframe of the worlds most incompetent armies doing battle, and therefore do the stupidest things to kill other people

Always Be Jihad Jeepin'

• Locked thread