Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Nothing will probably come of the cool mid card stuff last night but I can at least hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm all for a new Nation of Domination

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Jackie D posted:

Nothing will probably come of the cool mid card stuff last night but I can at least hope

Next week on Raw:
- Big E loses to Ryback, Xavier is nowhere to be seen
- Ziggler loses to Fandango
- Zack Ryder was let go the Friday prior

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I didn't watch Raw; can somebody tell me about the Kofi/Big E/Xavier heel turn? I love that they're doing something with them, but just from what I've heard it sounds a lot like "black dudes deciding they deserve better are bad guys"

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
After Raw went off the air ...

http://instagram.com/p/qvc3PsIaHD

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

I didn't watch Raw; can somebody tell me about the Kofi/Big E/Xavier heel turn? I love that they're doing something with them, but just from what I've heard it sounds a lot like "black dudes deciding they deserve better are bad guys"

To be honest, it was a little more vague than people here are letting on. Xavier Woods appeared out of (literally) nowhere and said some stuff about how they can't be complacent and need to take what they deserve etc. etc. It could very well be a heel turn, but I didn't get an outright heelish vibe from the promo.

Heel turn or not, it's probably much more interesting than most things they were planning for these guys, so I'll take it.

Edit: But yes, "bitter black guys" could very well be the gimmick.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 22, 2014

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Did any one actually watch stone cold matches? He maybe connected his lou thez punches like 1 percent of the time.

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
Kofi Kingston is going to Trouble in Paradise someone into the void.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

still requesting that someone make me an avatar of this guy freaking out

one of them is slightly lower file size, i forget which one. also badly edited out the wwe logo

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Holy moley, Punk is becoming Mike Patton

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TUS posted:

Holy moley, Punk is becoming Mike Patton
Hey he wants to start a band, CM Punk should sign with Ipecac Records and work with Patton.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I don't care if this has been posted yet, but Dean Ambrose is wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrVesz2sjWA

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

DingoSlasher posted:

So I missed RAW and apparently I missed Zack Ryder being valeted by BOTH Summer Rae AND Layla and then he WON A MATCH

Don't worry, the announcers were sure to point out that he's actually a big loser and you shouldn't get too excited about him winning

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzdPdmg6thA

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm legit really happy that Punk is happy and I'm excited to see what new non-wrestling things he does in the future.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Don't worry, the announcers were sure to point out that he's actually a big loser and you shouldn't get too excited about him winning

I think it's a bit late for outrage over Zack Ryder being buried.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Professor Funk posted:

I think it's a bit late for outrage over Zack Ryder being buried.

Oh I'm not outraged, it's just so silly and petty. Why even book the guy in the match? Why not give the win to someone you don't actively hate?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Professor Funk posted:

It's pro wrestling. Of course that'll be the gimmick.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Wasn't there a thing on Observer saying that there were plans for a "bitter dudes" stables that included Ryder?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

omgomgomg posted:

Wasn't there a thing on Observer saying that there were plans for a "bitter dudes" stables that included Ryder?

I think that was supposed to be a tag-team with The Miz and Ziggler, but I could be wrong.

triplexpac posted:

Oh I'm not outraged, it's just so silly and petty. Why even book the guy in the match? Why not give the win to someone you don't actively hate?

Fair enough. At the end of the day, I just hope it ends up with Ryder getting some TV time and a PPV payday. Ryder has been marginalized for so long that I don't really care how he fits in to ongoing stories.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 22, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
So Meltzer believes Swagger/Rusev is dead because of the bad press, and that's why they retconned the Battleground finish.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

omgomgomg posted:

That was supposed to spin off of Ziggler's web promos about his frustration with his bookinh and Miz interrupting matches to get on commentary and scream about how he's never booked anymore

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
This just gets us one step closer to my dream of African Warlord Kofi w/child soldier entourage.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

So Meltzer believes Swagger/Rusev is dead because of the bad press, and that's why they retconned the Battleground finish.

I like how their solution to this is to take Swagger off television and stay the course with Rusev

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Did they retcon the finish or was King just being stupid?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Daniel Bryan posted:

Must have missed that, what did they retcon?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Man, Vince has become such a wuss regarding what the media thinks of WWE.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

oatgan posted:

I like how their solution to this is to take Swagger off television and stay the course with Rusev
I found it funny how it got on the Daily Show and how embarrassed Jon was when he went on a tirade about wrestling.

Also Vince probably loves how manly that Putin is compared to that wimpy Obama.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

armoredgorilla posted:

Must have missed that, what did they retcon?

Lawler talked about Swagger submitting.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

But they showed Rusev "knocking Swagger out" on the ring post too. Did they not mention the count out at all?

Also, the bad press over Lana's promo is so loving dumb.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I could have sworn Cole did mention the countout at one point.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

It seems weird they'd have Rusev out there continuing to sell the ankle-lock, but drop the angle.

Daniel Bryan posted:

He submitted to unconsciousness.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think the "retcon" was just King being an idiot like always.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
It was nice that, after months of being buried, the Miami crowd chanted for Ryder during his match.

Expecting Ryder to lose on Smackdown, of course.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

CobiWann posted:

Expecting Ryder to lose on Smackdown, of course.

If you think Ryder is going to be back on TV that soon, I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders
To me it seems the bad press has caused WWE to push Rusev harder. Has anyone ever tapped out the Great Khali before?

I could see him facing Henry or Show at SummerSlam.

Padje fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 22, 2014

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders
e: quote not being edit and whatnot

Padje fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 22, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Padje posted:

To me it seems the bad press has caused WWE to push Rusev harder. Has anyone ever tapped out the Great Khali before?

Cena's had to have STFU'd him a few times.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Dean Ambrose is really getting me back into wrestling. Personally, I think his character is actually the head WWE writer. That's the only explanation for a lot of the dumb storylines and character decisions.

I can see a lot of hilarity coming from RAW GM Dean Ambrose. Anything that makes him talk more and act insane I am 100% in favor of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
The best part of the Xavier Woods appearance was that he literally just appeared in the middle of the ring, microphone in hand without anyone noticing or acknowledging it. I kind of hope that becomes his gimmick, where anytime a black wrestler loses a match, he magically shows up and cuts a promo.

• Locked thread