Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Mr. Kurtz posted:

Has anyone ever beaten Zombies Ate My Neighbors? I remember I could always get to this haunted mansion place with this huge spider that would destroy me every time.

That game loving kicked rear end.

I've used cheat codes, gone through normally, everything short of a game genie (which I probably used as well) and I've never been able to beat that game. Those giant babies gently caress my poo poo up.

I love that game, and it has like the awesomest soundtrack. But holy hell gently caress that game in its stupid rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

onemanlan posted:

I know this might be another one one to suggest was Diablo 3 launch. Inferno was so hard. Enemies hit for a ton of damage, had a ton of HP, and had effects that didn't indicate to the player that they were about ot happen(ie explosion on death). Furthermore monsters regenerated health if you didn't manage to kill them in a certain amount of time. They may have had rage timers too. Most people were poorly geared due to issues with itemization at the time(which the game is still fighting with) on top of having terribly unbalanced skills for the application. Most people couldn't manage to get past Act 1 in inferno for a chunk of time until they were able to adjust some of these issues. It made the game terribly frustrating because you could slam your character against an enemy over and over spending tons on gold on repairs only to get nowhere in it all. The game is better now, but early on it was pretty frustratingly bad.

I haven't played this since around launch, but I was never able to get past the sewers on Inferno. A pack of blue or yellow mosquitoes would just destroy me, usually from off screen or as soon as I saw them. I'll have to give it a go again if it's better now but gently caress the game was unforgiving back then.

• Locked thread