Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

HonorableTB posted:

That's a normal-ish bill for power in Atlanta. Summers are crazy hot and humid, we keep the air conditioner set to 74, the appliances are all electric (I wish some were gas like my old apartment), we have to both take showers, do laundry, etc so I'm not sure how much we further we could get that down. Power is just expensive in the South during summertime and cheap in the winter since normally (recent Polar Vortex withstanding) our winters are very mild.

Bump the thermostat up a few degrees, provided it wouldn't be some enormous point of contention with the gf. I imagine maintaining a temp of 74 in Atlanta basically makes that AC run all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

HonorableTB posted:

I spent over $300 on the Steam summer sale

Come on man, I know you're not actually playing all those games.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Yeah, frivolously spending more money on games you won't play from a Steam sale for yourself when you have $65k of debt hanging over your head is one thing, it's kind of extra-super-mega ridiculous when you're doing it to give away to people.

You spent ~$750 on entertainment and restaurants. Not to be Captain Obvious, but that's a lot, and probably the easiest category to scrimp on.

I know you said this is an open and shut case but man, that power bill is crazy. Try and get your GF to budge on that 74 degree requirement.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

HonorableTB posted:

I have tried. Believe me, I've tried. She absolutely will not budge on 74 degrees.

And I said earlier in this thread when people originally asked me for June spending that a ton of it came from video games and restaurants, and my budgets for July and now August have reflected that. Yes, it was a ton of money to spend on video games and other people, I know that. My entertainment budget is ~$25 for the month and I don't buy anything game related except to pay for my WoW subscription.

Set it to 75 and see what happens? If she finds out and gets mad at least you'll know she's serious about it. I dunno, don't pay attention to my bad advice.

Sounds great. Like Bugamol said, do you have your July numbers to back up your claims?

• Locked thread