Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Spergatory posted:

Imagine being so deeply insecure that you literally cannot handle someone liking something different from you. Imagine NEEDING everyone to like and dislike exactly the same things you do for exactly the same reasons. Imagine needing it so much that you devote every interaction with another human being to the express purpose of changing their opinions to be more like yours. Just... imagine.

It boggles the mind.

*looks around the forums*

Yeah, I have to "imagine" that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
While season 2 was great and I loved it, it definitely had a feeling of being burned out, especially towards the middle of it. It didn't help that Hirsch and co were very open about wanting to do three seasons when the show started, and it left several potential storylines either open ended or wrapped up in a very quick manner (like the whole thing with Pacifica's family). I think even Alex admitted that dedicating so much time to the show and having to work with the mega corporation that is Disney just mentally drained him too much to do a complete other season.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
did anyone happen to go to the panel at CTN?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

lmao if he unironically tried to use a jelloapocalypse "so this is basically" video as an argument for anything considering all those videos are pure satire

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Futaba Anzu posted:

lmao if he unironically tried to use a jelloapocalypse "so this is basically" video as an argument for anything considering all those videos are pure satire

I mean, they are, and that friend of VolticSurge is an idiot, but the video is right in that Dipper is treated much more harshly than Mabel for his mistakes.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Nov 19, 2016

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Like I said, using a video by someone who clearly loves the show as an argument to not like the show is kinda hilarious.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

I mean, they are, and that friend of VolticSurge is an idiot, but the video is right in that Dipper is treated much more harshly than Mabel for his mistakes.
To be fair, his mistakes are of the Dumbledore/Batman variety, as in they tend to be few in numbers, but catastrophic.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
what are you talking about

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Throw rocks at him

He's a brony, he deserves it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Tell him cartoons are for kids.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Star vs The Forces Of evil is set in the same universe as Gravity Falls?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

For Gravity Falls fans, Infinity Train looks pretty good and based on buzz is headed towards a greenlight from CN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY6kfVWv01k

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Philip Rivers posted:

For Gravity Falls fans, Infinity Train looks pretty good and based on buzz is headed towards a greenlight from CN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY6kfVWv01k

That was amazing, thanks.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
Soos is thinking up some new fanfiction about the Adventures of the Pines Brothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqBvdw3a-zc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IohKqAmtTWQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YxgnQlvKu8
(paging Axlotl Farmer...)

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
These are great.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I didn't realise how much I missed Gravity Falls until right now.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I only just discovered this show in the last 2 weeks and now I'm sad I missed out being along for the ride the whole time.

Soos' fanfiction eases the pain.

Also, I just got a copy of Journal 3. It's awesome.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Believe me, you're better off without the literal six month breaks you could have between episodes :shepicide:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

ManlyGrunting posted:

Believe me, you're better off without the literal six month breaks you could have between episodes :shepicide:

Now the breaks are eternal!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Guys. What if his new show on fox is not the next gravity falls but then next brickleberry

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It doesn't matter because we'll only be watching it at 10:52pm on the third Thursday of the month except when the moon is waxing, in a completely randomized order, because that's how Fox rolls.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

counterfeitsaint posted:

It doesn't matter because we'll only be watching it at 10:52pm on the third Thursday of the month except when the moon is waxing, in a completely randomized order, because that's how Fox rolls.

So...not really much different from the Gravity Falls scheduling, apparently?

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also, I just got a copy of Journal 3. It's awesome.

I preordered the signed edition as a gift for my GF's birthday, can't wait to receive it. (It's got the monocle, invisible ink and all that fluff)

There's also a Mabel coloring book coming soon that looks super cute if you got kids/nephews/nieces who might enjoy that: https://www.amazon.com/Gravity-Falls-Dont-Color-This/dp/1368008992

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Yvonmukluk posted:

So...not really much different from the Gravity Falls scheduling, apparently?
The difference is the Disney people apparently knew what they were doing.

Contrast that to Fox, who can't decide if Bob's Burgers should be at 7, 7:30 or 9:30. Or even on this month at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I preordered the signed edition as a gift for my GF's birthday, can't wait to receive it. (It's got the monocle, invisible ink and all that fluff)

There's also a Mabel coloring book coming soon that looks super cute if you got kids/nephews/nieces who might enjoy that: https://www.amazon.com/Gravity-Falls-Dont-Color-This/dp/1368008992

Aw, man, I'm just not sure I can justify spending 70 GBP on the special edition. I don't even own a blacklight!

I do however have a niece who might be interested in that colouring book. I wonder if Journal 3 would be appropriate for her to practice her reading with...

• Locked thread