Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The new Biggest Plays is pretty good too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xky-JwRK-g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Dota 2 - ༼ ʕっ ͡° ᴥ ͡°ʔっ(_̅_̅_̅__̅_̅_̲DARUDE_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅()

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

AXE COP posted:

No but I keep getting owned by them as juggernaut. How am I supposed to win games if I can't just instagib the enemy team with a mouse click?? :negative:

I am the opposite; my friends and I cannot win a game against a Juggernaut. :negative:

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
Dota 2 - Tobiwan screams: OMG Tide bought a tp scroll !!!!!!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Dota2 - It took longer to post this thread than VG took to throw the finals.

tartarus motel
Sep 10, 2006

dota 2 - the thread title hasn't been ported over yet

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ojetor posted:

The only way the finals could have been worse is if VG wasn't allowed to call gg. The games would have been equally lopsided but everyone would have had to sit through an extra 20 min per game of Newbee stomping VG.

That would have been better because at least we could have seen some buildings get destroyed!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Ojetor posted:

The only way the finals could have been worse is if VG wasn't allowed to call gg. The games would have been equally lopsided but everyone would have had to sit through an extra 20 min per game of Newbee stomping VG.

I would be 100% happy with that, VG deserved it for being so loving dumb to do the exact same thing again. They should've just denied their gg call and made them sit there while Newbee trample all over them.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Prize reduction for surrendering IMO.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
How much money did they pay vici to throw at the pick screen three games in a row again?

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Liquid Penguins posted:

How much money did they pay vici to throw at the pick screen three games in a row again?

322 RMB

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
I hope each member of VG got abandons for calling gg so early :colbert:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

With TI4 over, is Dota finally dead?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
VG chocked harder than ______.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Liquid Penguins posted:

It was immediately after the final match and I asked Tobi if he has ever heard the saying "lame as a [pause] baby?"

He said I wasn't the first person to ask that and we're "all dicks"

:ironicat:

What even was the context for the original statement? It was such a weird thing for Tobi to say.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Studio posted:

With TI4 over, is Dota finally dead?

not until techies are released

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

VikingofRock posted:

What even was the context for the original statement?

Tobi is a shitbag is pretty much all the context.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

VikingofRock posted:

What even was the context for the original statement? It was such a weird thing for Tobi to say.

Well if he's a racist then it probably isn't as weird.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I was gonna suggest something like 'Your favourite caster is bad' but maybe that belongs more in thie pro thread.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The problem is most Dota casters aren't Vykromond.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Dota 2 - It's okay guys ill mid.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Still voting for the oldie but goodie from like TI2: "Dota 2 - The Recovery Stick of Jugg is Very Disgusting" (I think it was a quote from Zhou or someone after they lost to a jugg push strat)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Anyone know the secrets behind the TI4 spectator gems? I tried picking up a Monster Invitational ticket cheap to get more views, so I guess they don't work for games before the gem existed? No idea how I'm supposed to find 200 games with SingSing in them if that's the case.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

VikingofRock posted:

Did you see the EU Hub? Tobi is hella awkward in social situations. This was back when Tobi was queuing with Singsing for the very first time and trying to mimic his offensive demeanor, except because Tobi's Australian and socially retarded, he thinks racist jokes are the same as calling people faggots and yelling about rape. They get crushed like three games straight and flamed in all chat, Tobi Responds Poorly, queue shitstorm.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Dota 2 - It's Okay. Pros Throw Games Too.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

VikingofRock posted:

He's Aussie and yknow there's a reason they all got shipped to murder island

vv: last I checked kill stealing had the top posts by a wide margin

AXE COP fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 23, 2014

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Any chance we can get the top posters and bans/probations stats from the last thread? I feel like it was a good'n

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything
Were there any bans? There was no JPJ last time around.

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT

Scorps posted:

Any chance we can get the top posters and bans/probations stats from the last thread? I feel like it was a good'n

You had 96 so gotta step it up.

Complete list for nerds who care enough: https://i.imgur.com/FzjZDgF.png

FoF fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jul 23, 2014

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Dota 2 - Congratulations to Darude, the true champion of TI4

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
First thread in 4 iterations I wasn't top 10 :[

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Rating someone 1 star for friendliness, co-operation and desire to play with them again should make it more likely they'll be on the enemy team then your team.

I hate 4k MMR because 99% of people think that because they're about 3k they're superstar players when they're still in the trash tier.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 23, 2014

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Daeren posted:

Gonna repost this because it got lost in the giant wall of concede arguments:

Howl and Troll ult is basically 12s of your entire team turning into instant carries. CM will turn around with murder in her eyes and suplex Doom. KotL will cane Nightstalker to death. It's really funny.
So I showed this to a friend of mine who likes to draw.

[/quote]
[/quote]

This is great.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Rating someone 1 star for friendliness, co-operation and desire to play with them again should make it more likely they'll be on the enemy team then your team.

The game just thinks you guys don't know eachother well enough based on what you voted, so it brings you guys together more so you have more time to be bffs :)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I will be stuck at 4k forever because I'm obssesed with playing heroes I'm terrible at.

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

The game just thinks you guys don't know eachother well enough based on what you voted, so it brings you guys together more so you have more time to be bffs :)

:suicide:

I wouldn't be surprised.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
So did Valve have an official reason for removing true solo queue from ranked? As in "It's 10 people not connected with each other at all", because now you can get commissioned as a fifth man for a four man retard stack.

I mean its not population because DOTA 2's numbers are fantastic at literally any hour.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Pretty sure you still can't queue as 4 in ranked

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

lovely Wizard posted:

So did Valve have an official reason for removing true solo queue from ranked? As in "It's 10 people not connected with each other at all", because now you can get commissioned as a fifth man for a four man retard stack.

I mean its not population because DOTA 2's numbers are fantastic at literally any hour.

Not if you do ranked, they don't allow 4 stacks in ranked anymore.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
Dota sucks rear end

Anatharon posted:

I will be stuck at 4k forever because I'm obssesed with playing heroes I'm terrible at.

hehe yea...

lovely Wizard posted:

Solo ranked is limited to duo queues and solo queuers, you're dumb and whiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
There's a mistake in the OP Zoolooman.

• Locked thread