Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Internet Kraken posted:

Someone post a replay where you get fountain farmed for more than a few minutes that isn't more than a month old.

People complain about fountain farming all the loving time yet I've literally never had it happen to me. People have camped the foutain but it only takes creeps a few minutes to push in. Just use a smoke/force staff/whatever to get out if you care about your deaths for some reason and alt tab.

It's still annoying to have to wait an extra five minutes per match for the creeps to end the game to while the other team farts around in your fountain. Not that I think concede is the right solution here.

Buffing the fountain seems like an easy fix. Or they could make it so when you respawn you are invulnerable (like couriers) until you leave the fountain area, cast a spell or use an item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Why is there even an Accept/Decline option anyway? Why would I be queueing if I don't want a match?

Something comes up in the 10 minute queue? Someone wants to join you right as your queue pops? Why do you never want options.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Pureauthor posted:

Why is there even an Accept/Decline option anyway? Why would I be queueing if I don't want a match?

It's the concede mechanism. Sometimes the game is over before the pick phase.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Does Enchantress still have the bug where her thrown spear doesn't match the cosmetic?

edit: Of course she does, who am I kidding.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 23, 2014

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
The best pub I've ever met was a person playing death prophet, I was playing LC in a four man stack, and we were going for super aggression and i decided to brief him on our manly strategy of raw unchecked aggression through allcaps hyping

he responded positively and suggested that we get even more aggressive, and then was useful in every teamfight.

BasicBitch
Feb 2, 2014
I like fountain farming because nerds really seem to get upset over it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Techies 5v5 is the hypest poo poo ever and Dota will never again live up to this

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Hog Butcher posted:

The best pub I've ever met was a person playing death prophet, I was playing LC in a four man stack, and we were going for super aggression and i decided to brief him on our manly strategy of raw unchecked aggression through allcaps hyping

he responded positively and suggested that we get even more aggressive, and then was useful in every teamfight.

If you have a pubbie pick Death Prophet just make sure to tell them that whenever Exorcism is down you are pushing. It's what my friends I do when I pick my number #1 hero. :allears:

Pushing T3's by 20minutes is the best.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ojetor posted:

It's still annoying to have to wait an extra five minutes per match for the creeps to end the game to while the other team farts around in your fountain. Not that I think concede is the right solution here.

Buffing the fountain seems like an easy fix. Or they could make it so when you respawn you are invulnerable (like couriers) until you leave the fountain area, cast a spell or use an item.

I don't get fountain camped every losing match. I'd say the team usually does one or two fountain dives but who cares about that. Very rarely do I get the match where the other team actively sits outside the fountain and dicks us over for as long as possible, which is still usually just a few minutes. I'm in the 4k bracket and the attitude of players here is really lovely so its not like they don't have the drive to do it either.

The suggestions you made seem harmless enough, I wouldn't neccesairly mind them being added. I just see fountain farming as something that gets blown hugely out of proportion. There are lot of other community problems I'd rather see Valve focus on. Like people who blatantly throw the game before its over and don't get any kind of punishment for it.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Dota 2- the irredeemable cocain turd of gaming

Dota 2 - the greatest trench warfare since WW1

There. I got you about 90% now so someone else make it funny.

Philosopher King fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 23, 2014

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

it's for the part of your brain where sirens go off and say "YOU'RE ABOUT TO PLAY DOTA, GET THE gently caress OUT OF THERE MAN"

sometimes you listen and hit the button and your day is better for it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

How about this for an impossible game? We pick a cool guy early game lineup, it ticks over to 0:00, I get dumped from Steam. Rest of the internet works, I can't connect to the server or Steam. It eventually comes back and I get back just in time to avoid an abandon. Naturally nobody pauses so it's 4 minutes into the game and I'm a level 1 Lycan. I can't leave without getting an abandon so I have to sit there getting screamed at to abandon for an hour because the other team has a Tinker and a Medusa with a 5 minute head start on me. Literally impossible to win. Hour of my life wasted.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Luigi Thirty posted:

How about this for an impossible game? We pick a cool guy early game lineup, it ticks over to 0:00, I get dumped from Steam. Rest of the internet works, I can't connect to the server or Steam. It eventually comes back and I get back just in time to avoid an abandon. Naturally nobody pauses so it's 4 minutes into the game and I'm a level 1 Lycan. I can't leave without getting an abandon so I have to sit there getting screamed at to abandon for an hour because the other team has a Tinker and a Medusa with a 5 minute head start on me. Literally impossible to win. Hour of my life wasted.
Queue unranked so you can abandon every once in a while.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Don't you abandon all the time anyway, what made you want to stay around for that game?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Which style reigns supreme: Rowboat Squawkins or Sailboat Squawkins? Sailboat is the rarer one, but Rowboat is a parrot rowing a boat through the loving air.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Incoherence posted:

Which style reigns supreme: Rowboat Squawkins or Sailboat Squawkins? Sailboat is the rarer one, but Rowboat is a parrot rowing a boat through the loving air.

Snaggletooth Jerry

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Incoherence posted:

Whichever one is the red one is the dopest

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Picked up Earth Spirit for the first time since his nerf and I don't see why he fell so completely off the map. He is still very powerful, and swapping his stun/silence didn't really change his combo very much. He doesn't net quite as many kills on his own now (though he's still very capable), but your assists are usually off the chart. Not to mention all the unrecorded grip saves.

I get that nerfs deter people, but he's still a blast to play on top of not being all that difficult.

The terrible secret about Earth Spirit is he's actually still ridiculously powerful, all the nerfs did was make it so that you have to be even better at the hero to get anything out of it

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
That puckout gif is incredible

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
es is an insanely op support

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Luna Was Here posted:

Whichever one is the red one is the dopest

This is a cold, hard fact.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How do I tell my friends that they loving suck and are the reason we always lose when we play together

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

How do I tell my friends that they loving suck and are the reason we always lose when we play together

Create a spoof account. If you're still losing like crazy then...

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

satsui no thankyou posted:

es is an insanely op support

Ganking someone and having that target pulled away from you is one of the most frustrating things

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

drunken officeparty posted:

Just do it and if they rage about it they're defective people and you probably shouldn't be friend with them since people who get mad about video games suck

Recognize that you are mad about video games beforehand and tone it down before you tell them

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

You know those days when everything sucks? And especially after the travesty that was the grand finals and you think "I want to play a game but Dota is just so... meh...".

You boot it up anyway, first pick Axe and then you're a creep skippin' dunkin' master, and once you get a Blink Dagger you can :puckout: and Call dumb motherfuckers who stand together. Axe is the truest Dota experience.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I have a hero with one of my highest KDAs (3.95) and yet one of my lowest win rates (39%), across 40 games. How can I reconcile this difference?

Could it just be a fluke? I'd imagine not, since it's over 40 games. All of my high KDA heroes have a high win rate except for just this one guy. For the sake of keeping it general and hoping to have a discussion about interpreting your own play statistics, I'll try not to mention which hero it is.

Can the reason for the low win rate be deduced from this information or do I need more info to figure out what's going on?

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
What? Obviously you have to say who it is. If it's someone who doesn't benefit particularly well from farm, naturally having a high KDA doesn't really matter.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Love Stole the Day posted:

I have a hero with one of my highest KDAs (3.95) and yet one of my lowest win rates (39%), across 40 games. How can I reconcile this difference?

Could it just be a fluke? I'd imagine not, since it's over 40 games. All of my high KDA heroes have a high win rate except for just this one guy. For the sake of keeping it general and hoping to have a discussion about interpreting your own play statistics, I'll try not to mention which hero it is.

Can the reason for the low win rate be deduced from this information or do I need more info to figure out what's going on?
With this pitifully vague information it seems clear that you are doing something wrong. I hope this is helpful to you.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Dota 2 - Why does :puckout: not say PUCK OUT?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Just say the hero's name

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

http://dotabuff.com/matches/792126661

This game is one of the reasons I'm glad there's no concede option. It ended with our team taking down the ancient while the enemy Tiny got Boots of Travel in an attempt to beat us in a base race. He got it to about half health before we got theirs down. If there was a surrender option I would have probably taken it after the second set of barracks, but oh man am I glad I kept playing.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Elysiume posted:

With this pitifully vague information it seems clear that you are doing something wrong. I hope this is helpful to you.

Yeah, I suppose so.

I was just trying to think of a way to look at my statistics on Dotabuff and deduce some kind of underlying problem rather than by watching the different replays and getting caught up in the specifics of each game.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
Tell us the hero's name.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Yeah, I suppose so.

I was just trying to think of a way to look at my statistics on Dotabuff and deduce some kind of underlying problem rather than by watching different replays and getting caught up in the specifics of each game.
The point of my post was that you need to say the hero and ideally link your Dotabuff if you actually want useful advice.

I have a 14% winrate on a hero, what did I do wrong?

Zoolooman
Mar 30, 2003

http://bot.tumblr.com/post/92362504895

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
So just now I was playing with 3 friends and a random in AP.

So we're losing this whole game but stretching it out and we come back and wipe the team, Lich and I (Venge) catch up to Alch who is running away with no help and we kill him, he drops a rapier. 3 seconds later, as soon as Lich picks it up all 4 of use disconnect (we're not lanning, and we're all on different cable providers) and we all fail to reconnect 3 times, meanwhile the enemy team finishes the game for that result.

Am I wrong in assuming someone on their team cheated somehow? If so how can I find out, and how can I try to serve some sweet nerd rage justice?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Greetings friends

Here is my Dotabuff information

Can you offer some advice

http://dotabuff.com/players/31295618

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just played Shadow Shaman for the first time. Hes a loving hoot. I finally felt like I knew how to play, I still suck terrible rear end but it felt good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Zoolooman why did you use the same tag as the other dota thread

Widestancer posted:

Greetings friends

Here is my Dotabuff information

Can you offer some advice

http://dotabuff.com/players/31295618

Uninstall.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jul 23, 2014