Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diodeous
May 14, 2002

yeah, I just had to get mine reactivated because of the divorce. I'll be on in like less than 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I have to go to work now. What's your availability like today?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll be available tonight most likely

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I'll be available tonight most likely

Hm...We'll have to play it by ear. By the way, I don't think I've ever whiffed on tackles harder.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That was shaping up to be a great game

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm back from work and should be free until 5pm CT for sure. MAYBE later.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm around until 9pm CT if you want to try again tonight.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I went to a show so it was a no go tonight anyhow

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

JB, I'll be around the next 5 or 6 hours if you're around and want to play

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Ok. I'm on my way home. Look for me in the next 30mins or so.

Errr: More like 3:30-3:45.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 24, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio, I'm ready to try one last time.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Sorry man I fell asleep on the couch! I'd say we could start now but my landlord is on his way over. I am just going to set myself to AP so you can play this since my availability is not great the next few days

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

No worries. This is probably the first time ever we haven't been able to play so it's overdue really.

I say we let the EA sim gods decide our fate.

E: I'm around until 11pm CT regardless.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 25, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, you can advance us. I'm not playing a CPU NC State. Sorry for the hold up!

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm real disappointed we didn't get to follow through on that loving shootout we started before my internet flaked. Looking forward to our matchups in other leagues, but really endeared to playing NCSU after so many years

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dude if you're free now let's knock it out. I'm surprisingly home from work at a decent time.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Well it what it is. Lost to Dio in a sim while giving up 2 picks and 6 sacks.

Week 7 Games:

#4 UNC (Sly) @ #25 Pitt (Dubious)
#10 Miami (JB) @ #7 FSU (Piper)

CPU Games:
NCSU
BC
SCe
VT

Byes:
GT

Piper, it feels like it's been a long time since we've played a meaningful game. Any chance you can play tonight?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

John Brown posted:

Piper, it feels like it's been a long time since we've played a meaningful game. Any chance you can play tonight?

how about right now?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

EFB OH WELL.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami over FSU 31-10.

It was a defensive struggle up until the final minute of the first half. The run game really came through for me, and protection wasn't too bad.

GG Piper

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I am certainly shocked by the results of that sim

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I'm not going to raise a huge stink about it but I feel a little cheated that Dio gets a sim win over JB and I had to take my beating. If I beat Dio in 2 weeks and I still don't make the ACC title game I'll be unhappy.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Piper posted:

I'm not going to raise a huge stink about it but I feel a little cheated that Dio gets a sim win over JB and I had to take my beating. If I beat Dio in 2 weeks and I still don't make the ACC title game I'll be unhappy.

Consider this: we tried to play like 6-7 times. On top of that Dio was a huge annoyance when we finally made it through a first half (he was only down by a handful of points). I felt that since he and I both tried multiple times to play our game, and since it was such a close contest, that he deserved a sim. If anything I'm screwed at any chance of a BCSNC because that was my one loss that I could usually afford. Now I have no choice but to beat he who owns me annually.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I would've been fine taking my lumps and letting JB whoop on the CPU but he was a gentleman and let it go to the sim unfortunately. When our game disconnected it was 30-28 going into the 3rd and then we weren't able to link up again to try again.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Yeah I understand the reasons for the sim. It's just that my matchup with Dio has decided our division every year and if it didn't this year, that would be a shame. Especially considering this is my last season in this dynasty. Although, the way I played in last years ACC title game and the fact that Dio's team is rated higher than mine now probably means that he deserves the ACC title game this year.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Piper posted:

Yeah I understand the reasons for the sim. It's just that my matchup with Dio has decided our division every year and if it didn't this year, that would be a shame. Especially considering this is my last season in this dynasty. Although, the way I played in last years ACC title game and the fact that Dio's team is rated higher than mine now probably means that he deserves the ACC title game this year.

It doesn't have to be if you did recruiting. You'd probably end up with the best class.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Dubious you work normal hours Pacific time right? I'm back in Italy now so I bet sometime this weekend would work best.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Paging Dr Dubious. Would 2 AM eastern tonight work?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Slywalker13 posted:

Paging Dr Dubious. Would 2 AM eastern tonight work?

Hey, sorry. Been busy and sick the last few days. I'm probably gonna drop this dynasty, i have too many leagues going on with madden out now and commishing two leagues there, with 3 here, is just too much football and i'm not very invested in this one.

That, and a midnight game time is a no go for me tonight.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Dubious posted:

Hey, sorry. Been busy and sick the last few days. I'm probably gonna drop this dynasty, i have too many leagues going on with madden out now and commishing two leagues there, with 3 here, is just too much football and i'm not very invested in this one.

That, and a midnight game time is a no go for me tonight.

No worries. I'm impressed you managed five at all with a fiance. If you want to give it a try I can go most of tomorrow but it'd have to be before 230pm eastern.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll remove you Dubiouss and Sly can play his game at his leisure. It's CFB kickoff weekend nothing matters till next Tuesday anyway.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 29, 2014

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Well I'm glad I got that against the computer as EA seemed intent on not letting me move the ball on offense. Ended up benching Gibson the inaccurate little poo poo.

edit: oh and I think we are R2A.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Aug 30, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced.

User Games:
NCSU vs FSU
UNC vs GT

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Cletus, any chance you can play today? I could start as late as 4PM eastern.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Same deal today and tomorrow cletus, any time before 4 eastern

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Same deal today and tomorrow cletus, any time before 4 eastern
Hey sorry don't think I posted this in this thread, but I'm in Maine on vacation until Wednesday night.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Piper, I'm free to play tomorrow night if you're game

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Dio, I can't play tonight. How does Wednesday night work for you?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Sounds good. Any time after 630 pm est or before 1030pm est is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

cletus42o posted:

Hey sorry don't think I posted this in this thread, but I'm in Maine on vacation until Wednesday night.

Sounds good. Let me know when you can go this weekend. Morning and afternoon work better for me.

• Locked thread