Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!
Back July 24th!

The Contestants:
I've decided to split them up into geographical groups

NEW YORK
Herman Lander

33 hometown: Dominican Republic / lives: New York
Q Past jobs?
A Architect.
Q Favorite material or fabric to work with?
A Jersey and leather.
Q Fashion faux pas that drives you crazy?
A Neon colors in clothing because it doesn't work for everyone.

Jefferson Musanda

25 Lynn MA / Brooklyn
A Really soft neoprene.
Q Ugliest item of clothing/accessory you've worn?
A White tees.
Q Favorite books/authors?
A "The Secret."

Korina Emmerich

28 Eugene OR / Brooklyn
Q Current occupation?
A I manage a high-end consignment shop in SoHo called Roundabout.
Q Weaknesses as a designer?
A I’m not the strongest seamstress.
A Cargo pants.

Kristine Guico

26 Naperville IL / Brooklyn
A Leather, neoprene, vinyl and organza.
Q Item you're most proud of designing?
A My current collection, although it is small and came from a lot of limitations financially, I think the quality is strong and it captures my ideas. With that said, it has caught well-respected attention with barely any press. So I feel proud that people appreciate my work even though I am still on the down low.
A FLATS. They are not flattering

Nzinga Knight

33 Brooklyn / Brooklyn
Q Favorite colors?
A Black, violet, pink, royal blue, aubergine, hunter green, freesia, mint green.
A Flip-flops! THOSE ARE NOT SHOES!!! … overly sensible shoes, ill-fitting bras … all of these sheer styles in which women wear granny panties under them … any look in which I can't tell whether the woman is a prostitute or not.
Q Beer or wine?
A Mock-tails

Sean Kelly

25 Wellington, New Zeland / Brooklyn
Q Hobbies?
A Gym, exploring NYC, eating.
Q Guiltiest pleasure?
A 16 Handles. So pink, so girly, so good.
Q Biggest pet peeve?
A Mumbling.

THE NORTH-MIDDLE
Alexander Knox

22 Kankakee Il / Chicago Il
A Ed Hardy.
Q Hobbies?
A Creating costumes for drag queens. I'm always designing.

Char (short for Charketa) Glover (Saved at the beginning of episode 7 but I'm tired)

37, Detroit / Detroit
Q Current occupation?
A Cosmetology. I've been doing hair since I was 16 years old.
A Nothing really! Fashion has no limits.
A Menswear.

Tim Navarro

32 Rochester, MN / Minneapolis MN
Q Strengths as a designer?
A My strengths as a designer lay in menswear, my attention to detail and my background as a tailor. I was taught to know the rules before I could break them. If I can’t figure out how do it the right way, I create a path for myself.
A I would have to say wool suiting. I love to challenge myself with making fabrics like cordura do what they’re not normally intended for.
Q Fashion must?
A Everyone should own a vest and wear it. It’s the easiest piece in my closet to dress up a look.

THE SOUTH
Emmanuel Tobias

29 Dallas / Dallas
Q Current occupation?
A I am the Creative Director for a private label crafting/accessories brand that sells to large fabric/craft retail chains and other mass-market retailers. I am also a part-time draping professor at a Dallas fashion school.
Q What are your influences?
A In the past I was influenced by dark imagery, fantasy art, and spirituality, and now it is a mix that includes street culture, androgyny, fine textiles, and prints.
Q Favorite past PR designer?
A Anya Young Chee and Anthony Ryan.

Samantha Plasencia

27 Seguin, TX / San Antonio
A Evening.
Q Biggest pet peeve?
A Opened shower curtains.
Q Challenge you hope they don't?
A Red carpet.

Fade zu grau (Fade to grey), hey at least he's actually German, but apparently from Florida?

45 Coral Gables, Fl / Coral Gables
Q Past jobs?
A I have been working since I was 17. I worked in East Germany as a book printer, in mail delivery and as a dispatcher in a hospital. Later in West Germany i worked as a house painter, vinyl plotter, and then finally as a graphic designer.
Q Favorite colors?
A Sun-bleached blues and grays.
Q Challenge you hope they don't?
A Red carpet.

Mitchell Perry

25 Jacksonville FL / Fort Lauderdale, FL
Q Pets?
A I don’t have any pets, but my neighbor and I feed a stray cat. I named him Thomas Panther. He’s very nice.
A TIGHTS! JEGGINGS! AVANT GARDE! I hate the ill use of the word "couture." So annoying.
Q Favorite books/authors?
A Book? What’s a book?! I’m not a big reader, at all.

Sandhya Garg

28 New Delhi, India / Birmingham AL
A I work on my weaknesses to make them my strengths; right now I am working on my styling eye.
Q Favorite supermodel muse?
A Heidi Klum.
Q Why do you think you're easy to live with?
A My ability to laugh at myself makes me easy to live with. I am organized, clean and hygienic. I believe in respecting others' space and belongings.

CALIFORNIA & EXTREME WEST OF CALIFORNIA
Angela Sum

32 Toronto / Torrance
Q Favorite designer(s)?
A Stella McCartney, Rick Owens, Alexander McQueen.
Q Biggest fear as a designer?
A Having a naked model down the runway. Malfunction.
Q Hobbies?
A TV. "Suits," "Family Guy," "Seinfeld," "How I Met Your Mother."

Carrie Sleutskaya

24 San Diego / Los Angeles
Q Have you won any awards for your designs/work related to design?
A I didn’t choose to showcase very much (no time), but the one event I decided to give a chance to had a pre-meditated winner before anyone could even see all of the designers and make a fair decision on who the winner was. I was bummed and kind of turned off from competitions in fear that they would repeat this pre-meditated popularity-driven contest, and not focus on the actual designs fairly.
Q Biggest pet peeve?
A That feel/sound when your mechanical pencil’s lead breaks and you find yourself carving into paper instead. It makes me want to flip tables.

Emily Payne

40 Temple, TX / San Francisco
A Sketching/flat pattern.
Q If you weren't designing, you'd be...
A Working with animals/children.

Kini (short for Kiniokahokuloa) Zamora

30 Kapoiei, HI / Honolulu
Q Past jobs?
A Retail visual manager for Pacsun and Wet Seal.
A Editing my designs and over-designing.
Q Favorite websites?
A Craigslist, H&M.com

Twist It's kinda standard now: This season they are bringing back one of three designers from previous seasons and fans will vote on who gets on the show. The winner will be announced on the premiere.

Ken Laurence Season 12, Angry Black Guy (to differentiate from the Angry Russian Guy that same season) fought with everyone but nearly got kicked off when he went at it with…

Alexander Pope Season 12, I called him Gay Conan O'Brian

Amanda Valentine Season 11, Helped Michelle a lot

Updated: It's Amanda!

The Judges:
Heidi Klum - supermodel / producer

This is Heidi's 13th season of keeping it SHORT!, TIGHT!, and SHINY!
Your claims that she is your fashion inspiration pleases her.

Nina Garcia - Fashion Director of Marie Claire / Fierce Bitch

Nina can spot a poor hem from across the room and will call you out for asymmetrical darting. She is often the voice of reason… unless you disagree… then she is the worst.

Zac Posen - Fashion Designer / aesthetic enigma

I still can't figure him out. Some of the things he defends are just odd.

Tim Gun! - mentor / Tim Gunn saver / awesome dude
:allears:
Tim has the Tim Gunn Save and I have to say I'm all for it. Gotta be awkward when he tells you to clean up your space and does not give it to you.

See Also
TLo
Tom and Lorenzo is an awesome site that does great recaps. These judgey bitches are clearly right about everything. We will all default to their designer nicknames within 3 episodes.

And because I love it:

Ima Giraffe fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Hmm, of the three possible returning, I think I'd vote for Alexander. I seem to remember liking him at first, but then he went off the rails/got a more unlikeable edit after the big fight?

Nice OP, Ima Giraffe!

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!
Oh Project Runway… you really know how to do a winner edit.
I would have thought 3rd place, but maybe the other two split the vote.

Anyone else start to laugh when they found a way to shoehorn the Samsung refrigerator into the introduction?

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Oh darn, I missed it! Guess I'll have to catch a rerun this week.

Thing is, I haven't missed the show. I used to love it and would never miss an episode, but after ProjRun moved to Lifetime, the show really went downhill. Their manipulative editing and bullshit drama have really worn thin. I just want to see people creating interesting fashions! I really just watch the show for Tim (and to catch a glimpse of Swatch the dog at Mood).

Why are nearly all of these new contestants all dressed like frumps in their PR photos? That certainly doesn't make the program very appealing. :(

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Inveigle posted:

Oh darn, I missed it! Guess I'll have to catch a rerun this week.

Thing is, I haven't missed the show. I used to love it and would never miss an episode, but after ProjRun moved to Lifetime, the show really went downhill. Their manipulative editing and bullshit drama have really worn thin. I just want to see people creating interesting fashions! I really just watch the show for Tim (and to catch a glimpse of Swatch the dog at Mood).

Why are nearly all of these new contestants all dressed like frumps in their PR photos? That certainly doesn't make the program very appealing. :(

I'm in much the same boat. And for awhile they were just cranking so many episodes that it all became overwhelming. But with the lull of the summer months, I think I'll give this season a shot.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I loathe Sandhya so much more than I hated Patricia and I hated the gently caress out of Patricia. She took my grandma's couch upholstery, dunked it in liquid blush and then frayed the edges and called it incomplete to the judges faces. AND WON. I don't disagree with sending Franklin home for that disaster of a crotch, but giving Sandhya the win? What in the actual gently caress!

I'm really glad we got some time off after the nonstop barrage of All-Stars and Under The Gunn but still. gently caress these judges so much.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!
Brief recap

Welcome and goodbye Tim, Nzinga, and Emmanuel.
The Mitchel Perry and Korina are Bitchy Bitches that got the eating their words edit last night.

Winner
Sandhya

It's future granny dystopia chic. It was different. It was made well

Amanda

Ver casual, but very sellable and flattering. The pattern on the jeans were a bit of a throw back but I like it over all

Char

Love. The tulip sleeves were a great add when she could have just gone sleeveless like most.

The Middle
Alexander

It's a sack with a pop of crack

Carrie

Love it. A bit short if anything bad

Emily

Corset over a flawy dress…with a triangle over the butt. Not flattering on anyone.

Fade

Do you think he's an atheist? Pretty simple but it has sleeves and is well done so he might have some talant

Herman

Very Simple but it's tight so Heidi will love him

Kini

Too simple of a dress the jacket was good but only on the model for a second before she took it off

Korina

It's a well done jumpsuit. The belt half hidden was a nice touch as well as a good way to get the fit she wanted. I'm unconvinced on the back half-cape

Kristine

I thought it was cute

Samantha

All black for spring? Is the lack of sleeves supposed to cool you off?

Sean

Made his own print without noticeable puckering or unintentional asymmetry but the over all look is not exciting at all.

Bottom
Angela

The top and bottom could be interesting on their own but they do not go together. The slits/sluts on a dessy pant with a complicated but flowy top just don't work. Add in the bad butt and you have a crying designer.

Mitchell aka Jorts McFlip-Flops

Forever 21. The top sewn in looks horrible. Who wants their tummy to pucker on purpose?!?

Out
Jefferson

These aren't high waisted shorts. These are my super spanx re-imagnined (upper thigh to just under the bust. The pleating was even more unflattering in the back.

Welcome back everyone. Sorry I didn't get the new thread up till this week.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I loathe Sandhya so much more than I hated Patricia and I hated the gently caress out of Patricia. She took my grandma's couch upholstery, dunked it in liquid blush and then frayed the edges and called it incomplete to the judges faces. AND WON. I don't disagree with sending Franklin home for that disaster of a crotch, but giving Sandhya the win? What in the actual gently caress!

I can't just empty quote, but this is exactly the reaction I had.

When the judges were talking it was hard to tell sometimes who was in the top and who was in the bottom.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

drat, it's only one episode in and the judges have the crack out already. All I could think when I saw Sandhya's dress was "so that's where my grandma's bed sheets went after she died."

Am I the only one getting Josh vibes from Mitchell? I'm expecting him to get real bitchy while badly dying neoprene and Nina gagging over it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I loathe Sandhya so much more than I hated Patricia and I hated the gently caress out of Patricia. She took my grandma's couch upholstery, dunked it in liquid blush and then frayed the edges and called it incomplete to the judges faces.

Hate her all you want, but Patricia has actual talent. I got the chance to see her work up close last summer in New Mexico. By up close, I mean...I wasn't about to touch it, but it was out in the open and I could peer as closely as I wanted to.

Her handcrafted textiles really are riveting and compelling, and her sense of design is quite intelligent. I get the impression that the time constraints on PR were not her friend. Throw in all the nuance you lose via cameras and broadcast, and there you go. She has something very cool going on.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Am I the only one getting Josh vibes from Mitchell? I'm expecting him to get real bitchy while badly dying neoprene and Nina gagging over it.

You're not the only one, and it's obvious that at the moment the producers know it as well and edit him to come of even more like him. Because everyone loved Josh so much and totally thought he deserved his place in the finals.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Edit: This was meant in reply to the post about Patricia's outside of PR work.

Honestly, so does Sandhya in her portfolio. I really like the stuff she showed to get on the show. But that dress was awful. Two of the judges said it looked like the model got attacked and it still won. Rape-chic, I guess.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I'm really glad we got some time off after the nonstop barrage of All-Stars and Under The Gunn but still. gently caress these judges so much.

I'm really hoping it's not a Patricia thing. I never liked any of Patricia's designs but like Tupping Liberty I liked the stuff Sandhya brought in from the Road to the Runway show. I really hope this was not her game plan for the season. I just cannot deal with another arts 'n crafts designer.

DominoDancing posted:

You're not the only one, and it's obvious that at the moment the producers know it as well and edit him to come of even more like him. Because everyone loved Josh so much and totally thought he deserved his place in the finals.

I hated Josh and I'm fully prepared to hate Jorts McFlipFlops too.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Propaganda Machine posted:

Hate her all you want, but Patricia has actual talent. I got the chance to see her work up close last summer in New Mexico. By up close, I mean...I wasn't about to touch it, but it was out in the open and I could peer as closely as I wanted to.

Her handcrafted textiles really are riveting and compelling, and her sense of design is quite intelligent. I get the impression that the time constraints on PR were not her friend. Throw in all the nuance you lose via cameras and broadcast, and there you go. She has something very cool going on.

I am in no way intending to disparage her textile skills, which are remarkable. They just never made for good clothes to my eyes.

Ima Giraffe posted:

I'm really hoping it's not a Patricia thing. I never liked any of Patricia's designs but like Tupping Liberty I liked the stuff Sandhya brought in from the Road to the Runway show. I really hope this was not her game plan for the season. I just cannot deal with another arts 'n crafts designer.

This sums my feelings up quite nicely tbh.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!
Just saw an oldie but goodie:

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!
NEW EPISODE BUMP
9 pm or 6pm on Satellite

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This show is just teaching me that I know nothing about how fashion is evaluated.

The bottom group's dresses are way too samey, but the judges are nagging them for being literal when at least one group just said "Okay, make the skirt out of film strips, we're done here". At least here they tried to make it into a textile, add some color, etc.

Meanwhile the winning group has a dress with a bunch of plastic letters draped over it because that's like a marquee I guess?

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Maxwell Lord posted:

This show is just teaching me that I know nothing about how fashion is evaluated.

The bottom group's dresses are way too samey, but the judges are nagging them for being literal when at least one group just said "Okay, make the skirt out of film strips, we're done here". At least here they tried to make it into a textile, add some color, etc.

Meanwhile the winning group has a dress with a bunch of plastic letters draped over it because that's like a marquee I guess?

I've said "I don't know poo poo about fashion" during nearly every episode of every season I've watched. And no truer words have been said.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I really didn't like any of the green team's dresses at all. Some of the teams that were safe had better dresses. Amanda's dress gave me Emilio Sosa flashbacks of that weird bikini he made. At least she had the bright idea to use more than two flimsy pieces of cloth to cover the goods.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

I really didn't like any of the green team's dresses at all. Some of the teams that were safe had better dresses. Amanda's dress gave me Emilio Sosa flashbacks of that weird bikini he made. At least she had the bright idea to use more than two flimsy pieces of cloth to cover the goods.

I could not believe they were on top. Before this season, Muslin, tape and cellophane are way too cloth like and should not be the bulk of what is seen.

Crack, crack I say!

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
I loved the collection with the bottom side of CDs. It was definitely Barbie-ish, but I liked it way more than the winning collection.

QuickbreathFinisher
Sep 28, 2008

by reading this post you have agreed to form a gay socialist micronation.
`

DaisyDanger posted:

I loved the collection with the bottom side of CDs. It was definitely Barbie-ish, but I liked it way more than the winning collection.

Same. Joshua 2's dress, no matter how much I dislike him already, was pretty loving stunning and I don't know why they didn't even mention it. The winning collection looked like that duct tape challenge from a few seasons ago. I thought their color scheme was really tacky and mall-gothy, too. Whatever. I can't believe/am so glad no one even thought to make a popcorn flapper dress.

Speaking of mall-goth, I was a little sad to see Carrie go, although she was being a little lovely and immature in the stew room. Also I dunno if anyone else noticed this, but they definitely misspelled her name on her mannequin while she was leaving. Slutskaya! :byewhore:

It's obvious Angela is just being kept around to prod her into having some sort of nervous breakdown, although I guess with her teammates there was no way that collection was going to be in the bottom. I already love Fade and Sean's work, and it doesn't hurt that they're both kinda adorable in their own ways. :kimchi: Kiwis and East Germans forever.

Also this is all I can see when I look at Emily:

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The East German guy reminds me way too much of Mike Meyer's old Sprockets character from SNL. He really creeps me out.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!
Designers… How is everyone?

Winner
Amanda

Ugh. Like a wind chime covering a muslin shift.

Korina

Ooooh film fringe. That really takes it up a notch in tacky town

Kristine

Not very exciting even with the letters. Again, cellophane and tape is basically cloth and you have a team that somehow got high scores with the majority of their looks as muslin, cellophane and tape.

The Middle
Samantha

This should have won.

Emily

the bottom is a mess

Alexander

cool shape

Char

cute cute cute

Mitchell

Cut a bitch with this dress

Kini

Great textue

Sean

My #2. Very Cruella and was a clear standout.

Fade

I don't like the top

Angela

shoulda been out. I liked that when offered help she said that only she can do these cut outs.

Bottom
These are identical besides the neckline
Sandhya

I am being picked on really bad :cry:

Herman

yep

Out
Carrie

and yep. I wanted to see more from her but yeah. This was a bad week.

This challenge

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Ima Giraffe posted:

Samantha

This should have won.

Fade

I don't like the top

Combine Samantha's top with Fade's bottom, and that's a winner (if the judges aren't on crack).

I also really liked the bright group (Char/Mithell/Kini).

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Tupping Liberty posted:

Combine Samantha's top with Fade's bottom, and that's a winner (if the judges aren't on crack).

I happened to have Photoshop open. What do ya'll think?

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!

Inveigle posted:

I happened to have Photoshop open. What do ya'll think?

I like it. It helps that they posed the same

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
This season is terrible. Sandhya is the worst.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Speaking of mall-goth, I was a little sad to see Carrie go, although she was being a little lovely and immature in the stew room. Also I dunno if anyone else noticed this, but they definitely misspelled her name on her mannequin while she was leaving. Slutskaya! :byewhore:

I noticed that, too. I wasn't bummed by her leaving and she was a huge baby about it all, but her hair was pretty fun to look at. Is it blue? Is it purple? Oh I see pink in this light!

Char/Mitchell/Kini was definitely my favorite team.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

The leather part of Kristine's top is giving me droopy boob feels and I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
How does Sandhya keep winning?! All of her dresses look like literal garbage! It was like she sewed old cans onto a dress and made some sort of lovely metal snake. It was loving awful. Why did they give that trash the win?! WHY?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

FrumpleOrz posted:

How does Sandhya keep winning?! All of her dresses look like literal garbage! It was like she sewed old cans onto a dress and made some sort of lovely metal snake. It was loving awful. Why did they give that trash the win?! WHY?

I have always resisted the urge to partake in the meme about PR judges smoking actual crack. After tonight, I have no such resistance remaining.

Sandhya is their dealer. The dealer of the crack, which they are smoking.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

You guys, I don't think I understand fashion.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!
It seems that the designers were told to be inspired by the 90's and create future looks. Why is the future always so dark and severe?

Winner
Sandhya

:confused: the metallic stuff was the ONLY interesting thing about this and it serves only to look like you have a loop going from your shoulders to your undercarriage.

Kristine

It's a re-imagined motorcycle jacket and it was fabulous. The rest is very 90's.

Emily

Again, it's the jacket/cowel/hood that made this interesting. The future is a 70's jumpsuit in the color of mud

The Middle
Amanda

Very 90's. The super flared pants, the Fly Girl top, bell cuffs, and sheer for sheer's sake.

Char

This is the future. It's what I'm buying tomorrow at Macy's

Fade

This isn't chic. This is pajamas of the future.

Herman

What the hell? It looked poo poo before and after the snaps

Kini

It's only edgy because it's black. It's a super safe design otherwise.

Korina

I don't know. It's not offensive, it could actually be the future but my ascetic isn't there yet

Mitchell

It's not inspired by a wetsuit, it IS a wetsuit. With bad tailoring.

Samantha

The future is dark and comfy

Bottom
Alexander

Ugly from the start. The leather top he got rid of was at least was interesting

Sean

This is bad Blade Runner. It's Just awful. This should have gone home, but lucky for him Angela has never not been in the bottom
`
Out
Angela

:cry: Just go.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

As awful as her designs were, it was sad to watch Angela's self esteem slowly devolve, like we were watching her fall into depression in front of our eyes.

I thought Emily should have won, I liked Char's design, if the bottom three weren't so obviously bad I think Mitchell's wet suit would have been in there. (Also, what surfer wants to take off their wetsuit to... put on another wetsuit?)

Mitchell pulled some pretty hilarious faces in the episode.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I liked Emily's the most. And PR has no business being 90 minutes.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Tupping Liberty posted:

I thought Emily should have won

DaisyDanger posted:

I liked Emily's the most. And PR has no business being 90 minutes.

Correct and correct, and correct again. I've been seriously considering ffwding to the runway since it's the only time I really pay attention.

Hernan getting handwaved through is still baffling to me. Though frankly they should have had a bottom 8 and sent half of them home. Y'know, since Amanda had immunity and Kristine's jacket was strong enough to overlook how tasteless and poorly tailored the rest of her look was.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Correct and correct, and correct again. I've been seriously considering ffwding to the runway since it's the only time I really pay attention.

Same. I am always messing around on my phone or doing something else during the first hour of the show. I see bits and pieces, like the intro to the challenge and Tim's walkthrough, but that's about it. It's just way, way too long for what it is. There's easily 20 minutes of crap they could get rid of to get it back to an hour.

Amanda's outfit is like something one of the Spice Girls would've worn in their day. Alexander's was the absolute worst, but I agree that Angela was right to go home. You don't go to the bottom every single time for the first 3 weeks and stay.

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
Intuition as guided by experience
I've stopped watching live. I can get the whole thing into an hour with ample use of the 4x fast forward on my DVR. And yes, the judges are smoking crack. Can I also say that I am sick to death of one day challenges? Can we have at least a few two day and even a three day challenge to actually see what these designers can do? Give them a chance to do something other than what they can throw together with a glue gun and maybe the runway will be a bit more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Not believing Sandihya getting another win. Yeah, she took a risk but it failed.

• Locked thread