Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That shitposting takes no effort.
That anime is good.
That weed is an appropriate way of life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
that gay people are cool and not in any way weird and gross

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Anime is bad

Does that mean a christian now?

naem
May 29, 2011

Weed is actually p good though

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

naem posted:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

lol if you weren't in perfect harmony with God and the universe the first time you blazed it.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hemophilia posted:

lol if you weren't in perfect harmony with God and the universe the first time you blazed it.

one time i was really high and laying on my bed looking up at the ceiling and Gesus opened up the roof and told me to come hang out with him and i knew his name was spelled w/ a g because jesus is a loving g

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

poo poo godless sinners actually believe:

Nothing

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good

naem
May 29, 2011

One time I smoke some weed and I got really scared and has to go running and all the shadows were purple and I was sweating and i was like whoa

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Why is it that any time I nake a thread it duplicates

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I know, I just can't believe the great sex I had with your God last night.

naem
May 29, 2011

Imitation is TE sincerest form of flattery

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Homo for Hitler posted:

Why is it that any time I nake a thread it duplicates

yer that good

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

naem posted:

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
weed kills u

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
atheists believe in progress even though nothing has changed except our technology. they also believe in democracy even though it's a meaningless ideal (like god). they think technology will somehow redeem humanity even though all it does is make things more convenient. worst of all they believe in an inherently ordered and knowable universe in the face of absolute chaos

Dubsy
Jul 17, 2014

butplug accident posted:

atheists believe in progress even though nothing has changed except our technology. they also believe in democracy even though it's a meaningless ideal (like god). they think technology will somehow redeem humanity even though all it does is make things more convenient. worst of all they believe in an inherently ordered and knowable universe in the face of absolute chaos

shots fired

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

butplug accident posted:

post proof pls

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

Waltzing Along posted:

That anime is good.

I only believe in two of those op

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

butplug accident posted:

lol atheists don't believe in any of those things

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

That anime is good.

poo poo Meat Loaf believes

2 out of those 3 aint bad

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

butplug accident posted:

im atheist as gently caress but believe in none of those things. you're thinking of loser nerds

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Naerasa posted:

lol atheists don't believe in any of those things

yes they do. mainstream atheism is just latest version of protestantism. same world-view, morality and philosophy of the world, except you worship nogod instead of god. in their case it's entirely true when they say religion is obsolete, since every modern atheist belief is an extension of christian doctrine and assumption

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Look what that slick shit bought ya
A first class ticket to Lucifer, real name Christopher

butplug accident posted:

Declining to believe in God or the existence of the soul or spiritual realm is an extension of christian doctrine and assumption (?)

Ur dumb.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not an atheist but i don't really believe anything what does that make me

lets see...

i'm not really sure of anything
i don't hate anyone
i don't identify with any religion
and i don't try to know anything

and i'm not even that sure of all those things...

so i guess that makes me a "little poo poo". who wants to join me.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

lol you posted a dictionary definition. you probably think the word "libertarian" is value and context neutral too you loving retard

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

My hands are gnarled and numb from posting.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
There's a big difference between the "Hail Satan" types who are actively hostile to morality and decency and like to dishonor Jesus and whatnot, and the "Jesus was a cool guy but miracles are made up" types who are just trying to promote a rational view of the world. I think it's arguable that the latter group is an extension of protestantism because they probably have a Christian upbringing and will still respect Jesus and will do things like quote the Bible sometimes, and basically they are responding to critiques of religion in the way Protestants do (which is embracing the critiques and divorcing themselves from the prior religious structure in order to create a new one which is free of the prior issues). It may seem like they've given up everything in the process, but I do think most of them still like Jesus and will respond to his words and image positively and generally do not like seeing him mocked.

The Hail Satan types just don't have any respect for Jesus either because they don't really understand who he was or there is just something internally corrupt about them, idk. In the latter case I think it's fair to say that they are legitimately evil people at heart

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
that christianity = every religion

that atheism is some modern brilliant invention instead of something that has been around as long as religion

that building their lives over something they dont believe in doesnt make them pathetic

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kyrie eleison posted:

The Hail Satan types just don't have any respect for Jesus either because they don't really understand who he was or there is just something internally corrupt about them, idk. I think it's fair to say that they are legitimately evil people at heart
that's not a nice thing to say about teenagers. they just aren't fully developed yet.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

butplug accident posted:

lol you posted a dictionary definition. you probably think the word "libertarian" is value and context neutral too you loving retard

Right now i'm actively believing in the opposite of the golden rule just to make you even more wrong. Suck it, nerd.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Ive never met a charitable atheist.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cold and Ugly posted:

Right now i'm actively believing in the opposite of the golden rule just to make you even more wrong. Suck it, nerd.
the golden rule is about capitalism right

Phil Niekro posted:

i've never met an smart you

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
those who think religion is about "belief", don't understand religion, and don't understand belief

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Dolphin posted:

i've never met an smart you

Hello, then!

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Phil Niekro posted:

atheists are notoriously stingy when it comes to charity while the overwhelming bulk of charity is given by religious types

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Twee as gently caress posted:

atheists are notoriously stingy when it comes to charity while the overwhelming bulk of charity is given by religious types

I've noticed this as well.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

butplug accident posted:

those who think religion is about "belief", don't understand religion, and don't understand belief

Wow man that's some deep poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

butplug accident posted:

yes they do. mainstream atheism is just latest version of protestantism. same world-view, morality and philosophy of the world, except you worship nogod instead of god. in their case it's entirely true when they say religion is obsolete, since every modern atheist belief is an extension of christian doctrine and assumption
not to seriouspost (and i won't) but i don't think it's fair to lump all morality and philosophy of the enlightenment in with christian thought because none of it is inherently christian and much of it arose before christianity was even a thing fuckbutt

• Locked thread