Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Cold and Ugly posted:

Wow man that's some deep poo poo.

it's really simple actually, unless you're a clueless atheist who thinks in terms of caricatures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
the way atheists got so loving angry when battlestar galactica turned into a religious story (when it clearly was one all along) was pretty hilarious

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
- religion is terrible! wait, :eyepop: did you say something against Islam?? racism!!

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Dolphin posted:

not to seriouspost (and i won't) but i don't think it's fair to lump all morality and philosophy of the enlightenment in with christian thought because none of it is inherently christian and much of it arose before christianity was even a thing fuckbutt

whoa you are really wrong actually.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Dolphin posted:

that's not a nice thing to say about teenagers. they just aren't fully developed yet.

i agree it might be a bit much but i wanted to make a point that hailing satan is in fact an evil thing to do and reflects an evil mentality, it's not the same thing as being a secular humanist or whatever. neither when i was a teenager nor at any other point of my life was i like that, i've always respected Jesus

Kyrie eleison fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 23, 2014

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Look what that slick shit bought ya
A first class ticket to Lucifer, real name Christopher

butplug accident posted:

it's really simple actually, unless you're a clueless atheist who thinks in terms of caricatures

I just thought of a caricature of me wind surfing on a giant log of poo poo labelled your opinions in that weird print they use in political cartoons.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

anime is proof of a loving god, op

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Twee as gently caress posted:

- religion is terrible! wait, :eyepop: did you say something against Islam?? racism!!

Hey man. I read the Fat is Beautiful thread every now and again. I've been meaning to tell you this since about 2000 posts ago, but there never seemed to be an appropriate time. But you're a huge bitch and also kind of stupid.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miltank posted:

whoa you are really wrong actually.
i'm not actually

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Cold and Ugly posted:

Hey man. I read the Fat is Beautiful thread every now and again. I've been meaning to tell you this since about 2000 posts ago, but there never seemed to be an appropriate time. But you're a huge bitch and also kind of stupid.

sorry your fat bro, hopefully one day youll see your dick again

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

butplug accident posted:

those who think religion is about "belief", don't understand religion, and don't understand belief

To learn my teachings, I must first teach you how to learn.

He who questions training only trains himself at asking questions.

You must be like wolf pack, not six-pack.

When you can balance a tack hammer on your head, you will head off your foes with a balanced attack.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rivethead posted:

When you can balance a tack hammer on your head, you will head off your foes with a balanced attack.
this is the funniest poo poo but i can't explain why

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

atheists are notoriously stingy when it comes to charity while the overwhelming bulk of charity is given by religious types

they don't believe in charity

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

sorry your fat bro, hopefully one day youll see your dick again

Yeah, that kind of stuff. And like when you started that A/T thread in a fake attempt to understand fats and then when that sad sack was making excuses for his fat wife you ran giggling back to the FiB thread to talk poo poo. You're a little bitch, dog.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Cold and Ugly posted:

Yeah, that kind of stuff. And like when you started that A/T thread in a fake attempt to understand fats and then when that sad sack was making excuses for his fat wife you ran giggling back to the FiB thread to talk poo poo. You're a little bitch, dog.

actually that thread is all in earnest and the only person we've mocked is a guy who was denying loving laws of thermodynamics and laws of the universe (and he's not even fat)

you a fat bitch, bro

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
aww poo poo's gettin real up in here!

CALL OUT THREAD YA'LL

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

the way atheists got so loving angry when battlestar galactica turned into a religious story (when it clearly was one all along) was pretty hilarious

o man watching the matrix with atheists and then it becomes clear that neo is a christ figure and I'm like heh and the atheists get so mad so loving funny

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

actually that thread is all in earnest and the only person we've mocked is a guy who was denying loving laws of thermodynamics and laws of the universe (and he's not even fat)

you a fat bitch, bro

Jesus said that when you give, don't let your left hand know what your right is doing.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

anime is proof of a loving god, op

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
hang out with some atheists one time and then god performed a miracle and this kid who was born blind all of sudden could see and my atheist friends faces were so red and I'm just like loving lol

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Kyrie eleison posted:

i agree it might be a bit much but i wanted to make a point that hailing satan is in fact an evil thing to do and reflects an evil mentality, it's not the same thing as being a secular humanist or whatever. neither when i was a teenager nor at any other point of my life was i like that, i've always respected Jesus

but satan is good though? Satan is just another one of the tools in God's kit. Satan is seriously one of my fav bible guys
ha satan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011
My wife is a hardcore atheist and I'm an apathetic agnostic. In my office, I hang up small movie posters I get for free whenever I go to the theater. One time I put up the poster for Heaven is for Real just because I find it to be a silly title coupled with the caption "based on a true story". Whenever my wife comes into my office and spots that poster, she frowns and ask what my current religion is. I keep telling her agnostic, but she still asks the same question every time she spots that poster. And she'll probably ask it again when I tell her I'm going to see Ridley Scott's Exodus.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

but satan is good though? Satan is just another one of the tools in God's kit. Satan is seriously one of my fav bible guys
ha satan

My favorite book of the Bible is the one where God and Satan are hanging out and placing bets on how much abuse some dumbass mortal could take.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FrostedButts posted:

My wife is a hardcore atheist and I'm an apathetic agnostic. In my office, I hang up small movie posters I get for free whenever I go to the theater. One time I put up the poster for Heaven is for Real just because I find it to be a silly title coupled with the caption "based on a true story". Whenever my wife comes into my office and spots that poster, she frowns and ask what my current religion is. I keep telling her agnostic, but she still asks the same question every time she spots that poster. And she'll probably ask it again when I tell her I'm going to see Ridley Scott's Exodus.
just frost her butt dude

Razorwired posted:

My favorite book of the Bible is the one where God and Satan are hanging out and placing bets on how much abuse some dumbass mortal could take.
"lol look at this rear end in a top hat. when you're done with him and he asks why you should just ask him why not. it'll be fuckin hysterical"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Rivethead posted:

Is this from Dorkness rising?

Edit: spent the five seconds to look it up, Mystery Men.

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 23, 2014

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Kyrie eleison posted:

There's a big difference between the "Hail Satan" types who are actively hostile to morality and decency and like to dishonor Jesus and whatnot, and the "Jesus was a cool guy but miracles are made up" types who are just trying to promote a rational view of the world. I think it's arguable that the latter group is an extension of protestantism because they probably have a Christian upbringing and will still respect Jesus and will do things like quote the Bible sometimes, and basically they are responding to critiques of religion in the way Protestants do (which is embracing the critiques and divorcing themselves from the prior religious structure in order to create a new one which is free of the prior issues). It may seem like they've given up everything in the process, but I do think most of them still like Jesus and will respond to his words and image positively and generally do not like seeing him mocked.

The Hail Satan types just don't have any respect for Jesus either because they don't really understand who he was or there is just something internally corrupt about them, idk. In the latter case I think it's fair to say that they are legitimately evil people at heart

If someone doesn't really care about Jesus they are "evil at heart"? Lol ok. He had some okay ideas but he also promoted some things which I consider to be counter-productive to the cessation of universal suffering. people would probably be better off if they dropped the attachment to the bible and dogma and evaluated more religions than just Christianity and jesus.

edit: as in, learn about other religions while avoiding bringin the bias of your own religion in. ex, I've seen a lot of American liberal Protestants make prisca theologia-type arguments when looking at religion comparatively. that kind of poo poo is patronizing appropriation.

ashgromnies fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 23, 2014

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
If you fairly evaluated all other religions you will find that Christianity is objectively the best.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miltank posted:

If you fairly evaluated all other religions you will find that Christianity is objectively the best.
i dunno, buddhists seem to have their ducks in a row moreso than christians, and before christians

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

hail satan and also anime

evil win$ bitch

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Dolphin posted:

i dunno, buddhists seem to have their ducks in a row moreso than christians, and before christians

Buddhism is stupid cause and effect nonsense for babies.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Miltank posted:

You're right. Taoism is where it's at.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miltank posted:

are you sure you're not talking about christianity. because i think you're talking about christianity.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
nope.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Kyrie eleison posted:

There's a big difference between the "Hail Satan" types who are actively hostile to morality and decency and like to dishonor Jesus and whatnot, and the "Jesus was a cool guy but miracles are made up" types who are just trying to promote a rational view of the world. I think it's arguable that the latter group is an extension of protestantism because they probably have a Christian upbringing and will still respect Jesus and will do things like quote the Bible sometimes, and basically they are responding to critiques of religion in the way Protestants do (which is embracing the critiques and divorcing themselves from the prior religious structure in order to create a new one which is free of the prior issues). It may seem like they've given up everything in the process, but I do think most of them still like Jesus and will respond to his words and image positively and generally do not like seeing him mocked.

The Hail Satan types just don't have any respect for Jesus either because they don't really understand who he was or there is just something internally corrupt about them, idk. In the latter case I think it's fair to say that they are legitimately evil people at heart

i like you kyrie eleison so why does you religion posting haver to be lovely and judgemental

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

maybe we shouldnt hate/dislike ppl because of their religious beliefs or lack thereof??? in here or in real life

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Crazyeyes posted:

You're right. Taoism is where it's at.

Lao-tzu predicted Jesus

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i believe ill either be buried in a box or burnt up and put in some stupid vase when i die

hosed up if true

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

a girlfriend of two years broke up with me because she had kept to herself that she thought religion was crazy and couldnt imagine raising children exposed to it. also she couldnt imagine depriving children of cultural institution of pork products. hmm...

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

The world and everything is trying to kill us. You must love your brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

guidoanselmi posted:

a girlfriend of two years broke up with me because she had kept to herself that she thought religion was crazy and couldnt imagine raising children exposed to it. also she couldnt imagine depriving children of cultural institution of pork products. hmm...

You see, that is what I like about God/Allah.
Tests the poo poo out of you for no reason so you can live eternity singing his praises forever.

• Locked thread