Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think it's because old dudes in hollywood want to think that young women think old men are hot, but old men actually just have money and people without much money like to have access to money. sorry if you're over 30 and want to date younger women though. but if you have some cash you might be able to pull it off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean there's probably some variation and all, but i think for the most part people like to gently caress people their age or younger on the hole

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Hmm well *looking up from my huge pile of girls* Whatever you say

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
not really you are just ugly men can get more attractive into their 50s and 60s it's part of their genetic hack, the tradeoff is -5 or 10 years of life and severe risk of beer belly

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

I think women are more likely to be attracted to older guys and men are more likely to be attracted to younger girls. I know when I was a teen the famous people I was hot for were all old.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nomadologique posted:

not really you are just ugly men can get more attractive into their 50s and 60s it's part of their genetic hack, the tradeoff is -5 or 10 years of life and severe risk of beer belly
see this is that lie that they're trying to make a thing because men make all the movies and want to tell themselves that they'll still be hot enough to have sex with young folks in 10-20 years

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
As a oldpoorfat, this is some discomforting news

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
yeah chicks love old dudes and guys just keep looking better as they age so I figure I got another twenty or so years of mad pussy before it all dries up.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

As a oldpoorfat, this is some discomforting news
OTOH you'll have outlived most of the competition so you still have access to the hottest tail in your age vicinity

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
guess what, there are many forms of attractiveness and they are all just as shallow as the other. Getting wet/boner because someone is hot is just the same as getting wet/boner for someone who is rich

in fact it could be said that liking someone for their money has a greater chance of being less shallow than their physical appearance

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

so will i be able to marry a 30 year old when i'm 40 or not

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

that gives me 10 years to sort my life out, see

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lonesomedwarf posted:

so will i be able to marry a 30 year old when i'm 40 or not
do you look like nikolaj coster-waldau

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

my nose isn't as pointy and i don't have straight hair, but maybe a bit

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
then no

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i bet you were going to say that no matter what

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Here's a tip: just start with a few girls, maybe even one. Then, acquire more

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
sorry op, but you're 100% wrong

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
all members of the same sex share a quality on which they base all of their decisions with absolutely no variation

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

1gnoirents posted:

guess what, there are many forms of attractiveness and they are all just as shallow as the other. Getting wet/boner because someone is hot is just the same as getting wet/boner for someone who is rich

in fact it could be said that liking someone for their money has a greater chance of being less shallow than their physical appearance

It may be shallower, but there's nothing romantic or intimate about attraction towards money.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

apparently put together by a dude who is bitter that fatty uggos won't date him

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

1gnoirents posted:

lol spoken like someone who has never banged a hottie

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gently caress the ROW posted:

Hmm well *looking up from my huge pile of girls* Whatever you say

do they all look like your avatar

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
heres a truthbomb for ya

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lonesomedwarf posted:

i bet you were going to say that no matter what
no way dude there's no way i would do that

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

butplug accident posted:

heres a truthbomb for ya

as an anime, i agree

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quakster posted:

all members of the same sex share a quality on which they base all of their decisions with absolutely no variation
generalities don't exist because modes and bell curves aren't a thing

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

butplug accident posted:

heres a truthbomb for ya

Now, are we certain this wasn't made ironically; because every point is proven wrong in either the previous or following example (sometimes both).

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

MizPiz posted:

Now, are we certain this wasn't made ironically; because every point is proven wrong in either the previous or following example (sometimes both).

it is the correct thing to believe, in truth. but women are scared it's true or else they'll realize their life is a lie

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

1gnoirents posted:

Eh I dunno, everyone tries to play off liking people for looks as shallow but to be honest fitness is probably the one of the least shallow things you can like a person for. Pretty much anybody can have a fit and attractive body if they put the effort in. Not everyone can be smart or rich, those tend to do more with who gave birth to you.

As far as OP goes I mean it obviously comes down to individual preference but in personal experience I can say that a lot of my gal pals have a thing for dating 5 to 10 years older than them. The friends I have that are 23ish tend to go for late 20s and early 30s.

DUNCAN DONUTS
Mar 27, 2010

by XyloJW
wow looks like forums poster "butplug accident" beat me to it but yeah op a 2d lady is definitely the way to go for the modern gentleman. i mean i'm open to debate this but i can't see any real case for 3d, and i think history bears me out here.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArbitraryC posted:

Eh I dunno, everyone tries to play off liking people for looks as shallow but to be honest fitness is probably the one of the least shallow things you can like a person for. Pretty much anybody can have a fit and attractive body if they put the effort in. Not everyone can be smart or rich, those tend to do more with who gave birth to you.

As far as OP goes I mean it obviously comes down to individual preference but in personal experience I can say that a lot of my gal pals have a thing for dating 5 to 10 years older than them. The friends I have that are 23ish tend to go for late 20s and early 30s.
i think we need some actual female opinions but i'm pretty sure that isn't true

paging women from that stupid women thread

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

DUNCAN DONUTS posted:

wow looks like forums poster "butplug accident" beat me to it but yeah op a 2d lady is definitely the way to go for the modern gentleman. i mean i'm open to debate this but i can't see any real case for 3d, and i think history bears me out here.

No, you're right. Whenever you're in a relationship with a 3D female, it always turns into her controlling and exploiting you until there's nothing left for her to take. 2D ladies offer everything that a 3D female will give but without having everything thanklessly taken from you.

This is also why homosexuality is an acceptable option.

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?
I was on D&D the other day and pointed out that any guy who was middle-aged and creeps on women in their twenties was a pervert. It led to a gigantic loving derail wherein you had all these progressive and *~socially aware~ posters scrambling all over themselves and LF posting about how it was perfectly normal, and compared the "power dynamic" of it to interracial relationships :wtc:

Yeah, said all the basement dwelling leftier-than-thou goons in their mid-thirties trying to justify looking for unstable-rear end bitches with daddy issues and just out of college. loving insufferable bunch of babies. I should've trolled the gently caress out of them but, alas, I was busy

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Dolphin posted:

17 transvestites show up "Mmmmmmmm yessss I heard you were looking for some ladies"

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

gently caress the ROW posted:

17 transvestites show up "Mmmmmmmm yessss I heard you were looking for some ladies"

there are no girls on the internet, SA is proof of that

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Women are attracted to money and power which old guys are more likely to have than young guys

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
This might be a little bold to say, but women f*cking love power and authority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Dolphin posted:

It obviously varies from person to person but it seems pretty common among people I know. I think a large part of it is recent grads and such are struggling so older people with their poo poo together who have a place without roommates and have more spending money for dates/entertainment are a bit more appealing than the alternatives.

• Locked thread