Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Dolphin posted:

what the gently caress have you even been talking about

Just giving out tips for the goons later in life, who are managing dozens, if not hundreds, of sexy younger women. The younger men don't really need to worry about this yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

gently caress the ROW posted:

arrange the girls to minimize heat loss, when you're stacking or piling them. This isn't something a younger man would have to worry about

I find that if you sort them into fat/thin pairs you can generally save a bit of space and get more girl per square foot.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress the ROW posted:

Just giving out tips for the goons later in life, who are managing dozens, if not hundreds, of sexy younger women. The younger men don't really need to worry about this yet
geez, i didn't know being an older man was so complicated :ohdear:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

RobattoJesus posted:

I find that if you sort them into fat/thin pairs you can generally save a bit of space and get more girl per square foot.

*nodding* You want these girls to retain as much heat as possible: it cuts down on electric bill, and avoids the problem of having cold, angry girls all ove rthe place

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Well there's all that jazz about how what makes someone attractive, is in the eye of the beholder, but I'd argue also that this perception is colored strongly by the Baby Boomer generation. They are possibly the most nacissistic, self-obsessed generation the world has seen. When I was a kid in the 80's, everything was either nostalgia for the 50's and 60's, or about dealing with being in your 30s and now a parent.

Now they're older and it's all wah wah, 70 is the new 40 because modern medicine lets them keep a boner while not making GBS threads themselves, and young women really prefer older men now instead of the young men they preferred back when these guys were actually young...

Hell, it even informs the way our government runs--look at things like healthcare reform vs medicare, or the "gently caress you, got mine" approach to ssi benefits. Not to mention how tv is now inundated with commercials for senior products--we really need to see those lipitor commercials on Nickelodeon, guys.

I'm real interested to see how culture will change in like 15 years when the lion's share of Boomers are dead or invalid...

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

A lot of girls in their early 20s I know can't stand dudes in their early 20s. They're kinda insufferable. I agree, I wouldn't mind punching my early 20s self. If you're a 30-40 year old dude, there's a good chance you could date really cool and attractive girls in their early to mid-twenties. This doesn't apply if you're in your 30s but still are doing the same poo poo you were in your early 20s but are now fatter and uglier.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

Borderview posted:

A lot of girls in their early 20s I know can't stand dudes in their early 20s. They're kinda insufferable. I agree, I wouldn't mind punching my early 20s self. If you're a 30-40 year old dude, there's a good chance you could date really cool and attractive girls in their early to mid-twenties. This doesn't apply if you're in your 30s but still are doing the same poo poo you were in your early 20s but are now fatter and uglier.

well poo poo

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Cesar Cedeno posted:

well poo poo

Relax dude, all you'll need is a corvette.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Choco1980 posted:

Well there's all that jazz about how what makes someone attractive, is in the eye of the beholder, but I'd argue also that this perception is colored strongly by the Baby Boomer generation. They are possibly the most nacissistic, self-obsessed generation the world has seen. When I was a kid in the 80's, everything was either nostalgia for the 50's and 60's, or about dealing with being in your 30s and now a parent.

Now they're older and it's all wah wah, 70 is the new 40 because modern medicine lets them keep a boner while not making GBS threads themselves, and young women really prefer older men now instead of the young men they preferred back when these guys were actually young...
This is like the weirdest thing to shoehorn dislike of baby boomers into. Its not like people in their twenties are going after 50+ boomers, they're going after late twenties and early thirties. It has nothing to do with your dad thinking coeds would find his wrinkled flabby form attractive.

Its a cultural thing that would take anyone who dates regularly 2 seconds to notice. Its really obvious in places like online dating where a good chunk of women won't even include their age in the lower bound of ages they're looking to date.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Turns out Dolphins aren't wise

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

ArbitraryC posted:

This is like the weirdest thing to shoehorn dislike of baby boomers into. Its not like people in their twenties are going after 50+ boomers, they're going after late twenties and early thirties. It has nothing to do with your dad thinking coeds would find his wrinkled flabby form attractive.

Its a cultural thing that would take anyone who dates regularly 2 seconds to notice. Its really obvious in places like online dating where a good chunk of women won't even include their age in the lower bound of ages they're looking to date.

A certain kind of divorced 65 year old guy definitely goes after 30 year old girls. From what I have heard/seen, guys in their 30s want girls in their early to mid 20s, and girls in their 30s can definitely get hit on a lot by 50-60 year old guys

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
So glad I'm still a virgin.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
im gay so i dont need to look cute to get hosed but it's still pretty nice.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tsinava posted:

im gay so i dont need to look cute to get hosed but it's still pretty nice.
i thought it was more important if you're gay

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
30 is pretty loving old. I don't even know anyone that old.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
A classic newb mistake is to store any of your girls on shelves, or upside down. This is NOT appropriate

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
lol if you never date women who have daddy issues

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
Like a patient father or the first ten hours of Final Fantasy XIII I exist to guide nerdy young women towards knowledge.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'm 35 and my gf is 24. She says guys her age are too immature, I'm sure she isn't alone in that thinking.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Paging Zergfluid to tell us about the pussy markets or whatever!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
idk girls in their twenties seem hella immature too. cougars own

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Rasmussen posted:

I'm 35 and my gf is 24. She says guys her age are too immature, I'm sure she isn't alone in that thinking.
I'd say thinking you're more mature than people your age and dating someone significantly older than you to jumpstart your maturity is basically a neon sign indicating you aren't very mature.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Robo Reagan posted:

idk girls in their twenties seem hella immature too. cougars own

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advice_to_a_Friend_on_Choosing_a_Mistress

Advice on the Choice of a Mistress

by Benjamin Franklin

Philadelphia, June 25, 1745

My dear Friend:

I know of no medicine fit to diminish the violent natural inclinations you mention; and if I did, I think I should not communicate it to you. Marriage is the proper remedy. It is the most natural state of man, and therefore the state in which you are most likely to find solid happiness. Your reasons against entering into it at present, appear to me not well founded. The circumstantial advantages you have in View by postponing it, are not only uncertain, but they are small in comparison with that of the thing itself, the being married and settled. It is the man and woman united that make the complete human being. Separate, she wants his force of body and strength of reason; he, her fitness, sensibility, and acute discernment. Together they are more likely to succeed in the world. A single man has not nearly the Value he would have in the state of union. He is an incomplete animal. He resembles the odd half of a pair of scissors. If you get a prudent healthy wife, your industry in your profession, with her good economy, will be a fortune sufficient.

But if you will not take this counsel and persist in thinking a commerce with the sex inevitable, then I repeat my former advice, that in all your amours you should prefer old women to young ones. You call this a paradox, and demand my reasons. They are these:

1. Because as they have more knowledge of the world and their minds are better stored with observations, their conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreeable.

2. Because when women cease to be handsome they study to be good. To maintain their influence over men, they supply the diminution of beauty by an augmentation of utility. They learn to do a thousand services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old woman who is not a good woman.

3. Because there is no hazard of children, which irregularly produc'd may be attended with much inconvenience.

4. Because through more experience they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an intrigue to prevent suspicion. The commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the affair should happen to be known, considerate people might be rather inclin'd to excuse an old woman, who would kindly take care of a young man, form his manners by her good counsels, and prevent his ruining his health and fortune among mercenary prostitutes.

5. Because in every animal that walks upright, the deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the neck; then the breast and arms; the lower parts continuing to the last as plump as ever; so that covering all above with a basket, and regarding only what is below the girdle, it is impossible of two women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all cats are gray, the pleasure of corporal enjoyment with an old woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every knack being by practice capable of improvement.

6. Because the sin is less. The debauching a virgin may be her ruin, and make her for life unhappy.

7. Because the compunction is less. The having made a young girl miserable may give you frequent bitter reflection; none of which can attend the making an old woman happy.

8thly and lastly. They are so grateful!!

Thus much for my paradox. But still I advise you to marry directly; being sincerely

Your affectionate friend,

B. Franklin

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

VendaGoat posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advice_to_a_Friend_on_Choosing_a_Mistress

Advice on the Choice of a Mistress

by Benjamin Franklin

Philadelphia, June 25, 1745

My dear Friend:

I know of no medicine fit to diminish the violent natural inclinations you mention; and if I did, I think I should not communicate it to you. Marriage is the proper remedy. It is the most natural state of man, and therefore the state in which you are most likely to find solid happiness. Your reasons against entering into it at present, appear to me not well founded. The circumstantial advantages you have in View by postponing it, are not only uncertain, but they are small in comparison with that of the thing itself, the being married and settled. It is the man and woman united that make the complete human being. Separate, she wants his force of body and strength of reason; he, her fitness, sensibility, and acute discernment. Together they are more likely to succeed in the world. A single man has not nearly the Value he would have in the state of union. He is an incomplete animal. He resembles the odd half of a pair of scissors. If you get a prudent healthy wife, your industry in your profession, with her good economy, will be a fortune sufficient.

But if you will not take this counsel and persist in thinking a commerce with the sex inevitable, then I repeat my former advice, that in all your amours you should prefer old women to young ones. You call this a paradox, and demand my reasons. They are these:

1. Because as they have more knowledge of the world and their minds are better stored with observations, their conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreeable.

2. Because when women cease to be handsome they study to be good. To maintain their influence over men, they supply the diminution of beauty by an augmentation of utility. They learn to do a thousand services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old woman who is not a good woman.

3. Because there is no hazard of children, which irregularly produc'd may be attended with much inconvenience.

4. Because through more experience they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an intrigue to prevent suspicion. The commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the affair should happen to be known, considerate people might be rather inclin'd to excuse an old woman, who would kindly take care of a young man, form his manners by her good counsels, and prevent his ruining his health and fortune among mercenary prostitutes.

5. Because in every animal that walks upright, the deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the neck; then the breast and arms; the lower parts continuing to the last as plump as ever; so that covering all above with a basket, and regarding only what is below the girdle, it is impossible of two women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all cats are gray, the pleasure of corporal enjoyment with an old woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every knack being by practice capable of improvement.

6. Because the sin is less. The debauching a virgin may be her ruin, and make her for life unhappy.

7. Because the compunction is less. The having made a young girl miserable may give you frequent bitter reflection; none of which can attend the making an old woman happy.

8thly and lastly. They are so grateful!!

Thus much for my paradox. But still I advise you to marry directly; being sincerely

Your affectionate friend,

B. Franklin

see? dude knew what was up.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Tarkus posted:

Paging Zergfluid to tell us about the pussy markets or whatever!

Seriously, I need help getting my port-ho-lio together.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

I'd say thinking you're more mature than people your age and dating someone significantly older than you to jumpstart your maturity is basically a neon sign indicating you aren't very mature.

Plus a 35 year old goon generally has the maturity level of a 16 year old normal person.

naem
May 29, 2011

All this nerd advice about "getting with girls," do you mean

1.casual sex with strangers met at a bar?

Requirements:
a. being attractive
b. -

Or

2. Meeting a nice girl to be your best friend and partner

Because that's a whole other thing isn't it

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
Nathan Fielder did a hard hitting report on younger women dating older men. May clear things up for you op.

http://youtu.be/fMVBQyR9Z1w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Let's be honest. Dating a younger chick is more fun especially when you're in your late 20's to early 30's. They're less jaded, less hung up on things and face it, they generally look better just based on their youth, especially around the 22-25 mark.
18-20 year olds are ok but they're not a long-term option, they act like high school students still and it's less fun than you'd think. A few extra years give them quite a bit of experience in comparison.

• Locked thread