Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
It was a good show, but you know that NegaDuck sounds too much like n-word Duck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
it's true, the word friend of the family did not exist in the 90s

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Hayburner posted:

Plus, people would look at him and ask why the n-word one steals and has to go to jail.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I liked liquidator because he was composed of fluid but also was like a salesman and also a dog

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I like that the existence of Launchpad put it firmly in the Ducktales canon.

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
Poz my Negaduck

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Twitch posted:

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Twitch posted:

heeeey mr. mc-d

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Hayburner posted:

or the 80s http://youtu.be/VA6TfvptwMM?t=18s

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Let's get problematic

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Red posted:

Darkwing Duck would be in so much poo poo nowadays

of course he would, ducks don't have sphincters

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
the rape statistics for St.Canard must be so high that that's what's keeping the cops occupied most of the time which is why they need Darkwing Duck.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

the best darkwing duck episode is the one (or maybe it was a 2-parter i forgot) where alternate future darkwing duck is basically judge dredd

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Brown Menace posted:

the best darkwing duck episode is the one (or maybe it was a 2-parter i forgot) where alternate future darkwing duck is basically judge dredd

is that the one that was a spoof of Dark Knight Returns, cause that one owned

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Neurolimal posted:

is that the one that was a spoof of Dark Knight Returns, cause that one owned

idk it's the one where his daughter gets trapped in a time machine and sent to the future, and during the intermittent time darkwing duck goes crazy because he thinks he has lost he for good so by the time she's in the future, darkwing duck has turned into some crazy authoritarian dude who gives people life in the canard cubes for loitering and poo poo and is covered in spikes

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I just now realized that there's a Negaverse in Darkwing and Sailor Moon

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Speaking of old duck cartoons. What the hell is the story behind this coming into existence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etPQJvM8IvI

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

anyone remember that ducktales thing where huey, dewey and louie are in their 20s

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

The Brown Menace posted:

anyone remember that ducktales thing where huey, dewey and louie are in their 20s

they're teenagers but it's still loving awful goddamn

also don't forget the niggerverse from sailor moon op

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Droid posted:

Speaking of old duck cartoons. What the hell is the story behind this coming into existence?

mighty ducks movie made money, decided to make an animated series out of it, realized kids aren't gonna watch Hockey (esp. on a shoestring television animation budget) over batman or w/e, made them literal Mighty Ducks

thats my guess, at least

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Droid posted:

Disney was hesitant about competing with action cartoons again because they didn't want to go into gargoyles territory. So the mighty ducks movies were somewhat popular so they created a story around literal ducks since ducks worked for Disney in the past. They figured it would keep the family friendly Disney charm and attain the desired audience who were into action shows.

There's a pile of discarded Disney action cartoons that never came into existence and most of the reasons were they had fighting in them or guns.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The Saurus posted:

they're teenagers but it's still loving awful goddamn

also don't forget the niggerverse from sailor moon op

Yeah, but Japan is fine with that stuff

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA6TfvptwMM

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

you've been beaten

The Droid posted:

naem
May 29, 2011

mookface posted:

I liked liquidator because he was composed of fluid but also was like a salesman and also a dog

It is hard to find fault with logic like that

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

they didn't want to go into gargoyles territory.

Oh no, we made a good show. Better not do that again!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
TailSpin would def be too problematic for modern children's animated entertainment television.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tKHlukQTik

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
There was that weird twin peaks episode that too. I think it was called twin beaks.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Back in the early days of the internet I stumbled upon a Darkwing Duck fanfic that was an adaptation of Akira. Negaduck discovered the whereabouts of that machine that gave Launchpad and those other guys superpowers and became like Tetsuo. It was actually kind of clever and didn't involve any sexual deviancy. If only the other 99.99999999 percent of fanfics could claim that.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Gallow posted:

Back in the early days of the internet I stumbled upon a Darkwing Duck fanfic that was an adaptation of Akira. Negaduck discovered the whereabouts of that machine that gave Launchpad and those other guys superpowers and became like Tetsuo. It was actually kind of clever and didn't involve any sexual deviancy. If only the other 99.99999999 percent of fanfics could claim that.

mein got

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Gallow posted:

:eyepop:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ducktales and rescue rangers was my poo poo

Plastic Megaphone
Aug 11, 2007
No more credit from the liquor store.

Mariana Horchata posted:

TailSpin would def be too problematic for modern children's animated entertainment television.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tKHlukQTik

When I was a little kid I never realized that show was set in the 1930s. That had to have been an interesting pitch meeting. "It's like the Jungle Book minus the humans and set in the 1930s, and Baloo is a pilot now. And there's air pirates."

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Plastic Megaphone posted:

When I was a little kid I never realized that show was set in the 1930s. That had to have been an interesting pitch meeting. "It's like the Jungle Book minus the humans and set in the 1930s, and Baloo is a pilot now. And there's air pirates."

It needs more booze smuggling.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
negaduck was the first pua

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
I was completely obsessed with Dwing when I was a kid

like i saved all the money I had which took me forever to get the NES game and it sort of sucked but i still loved it as much as I could. I don't know what it was, maybe the purple outfit or something

watched the eff out of that too, mostly liked it except when that laura bitch or whatever would get herself mixed up in that stuff. this is a man animals world bitch

Drunk & Ugly fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 24, 2014

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
must have been the fedora

now i understand.... i was called too soon...

Plastic Megaphone
Aug 11, 2007
No more credit from the liquor store.

Drunk & Ugly posted:

watched the eff out of that too, mostly liked it except when that laura bitch or whatever would get herself mixed up in that stuff. this is a man animals world bitch

Baloo was seriously the best Disney cartoon protagonist. Guy just wanted to kick back and get high all day till Becky shows up with another poo poo job to fake Soviet Warthog Russia or wherever.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Fake Soviet Warthog Russia

Not just that, but if this aligns with real world history, this is like, fairly soon after the commies took over.

And it's just before the Nazis come around. Who would the Nazis be? Geese? (Because goose-stepping?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Red posted:

Not just that, but if this aligns with real world history, this is like, fairly soon after the commies took over.

And it's just before the Nazis come around. Who would the Nazis be? Geese? (Because goose-stepping?)

quote:

In deference to contemporary sensitivities, there is no equivalent of the Nazis in the series, although one story in Disney Adventures Magazine, "The Dogs of War!," had the heroes encounter "the Hausers" (members of the "Houn" nationality), a menacing militaristic nationality of dogs from "Hounsland" who wear uniforms that are clearly based on German ones and the senior commander of the Houn airship (Major Heartworm) speaks in a mock-German accent.

• Locked thread