Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So you want to hear a story? A yarn of legend that spans the ages, with heroic deeds from times so long ago they may be all but myth? Courageous warriors fighting impossible odds, defying death at almost every turn? Princesses and true love and happily ever after?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8TkEJRPHkE

Leave now. You will find no such story here.

For this is no faerie tale, this is history.

And then, just as it is now...

...people fought desperately to avoid being lost in the crevasses of revision.

Only the smallest handful of people throughout all of time manage to succeed.

Their names are etched eternally into the collective consciousness of society.

Names penned in hope, a shining paragon of an ancient age.

Titles written in fear, of events never to be forgotten or allowed to repeat.

But what of the ones that fail to make their impression on the world?

Are their lessons to be consigned to oblivion?

History is written by the champions, after all.

The downtrodden fall into the abyss of obscurity.

But what if that was not the case?

(I was fighting the king's lapdogs, Baran the Warrior, Rierche the Ranger, Akimi the Mage, Yawran the Priest... That book glowed so brightly... I've never been more terrified of anything.)

(Arms, fingers, legs, toes... all accounted for. Senses... relatively intact. So where am I?)

(Not the best of accommodations. Let's take a look outside the bedroom.)

(The bars don't rattle at all. No voices outside, it's unnaturally quiet.)

(Not much to do other than take a nap, I suppose.)

When you open the bag in the center a snake jumps out, and slithers out of the room.

(Someone's watching me...)

It's rude to stare at someone while they're trying to sleep.

A sorcerer... that's some dark magic. Binding souls and calling them when needed... That can be a dangerous power. Dangerous, but useful.

What do you want?

I've been waiting for someone like you. I would like to escape, and I think you can help me. Right now you have been sealed inside of a prison of sorts. The King has been trapping threats to the kingdom here for decades. I think I know a way to escape, and a sorcerer like you is just what I need. If you would be willing to help me, I would be able to ensure we both get out.

I don't know how much I trust a talking mouse, but I'm not in a position to argue.

Excellent, the first thing you need to do is get out of this cell block.

(This power...!)

I will see you again soon.

(Hmm... might as well take a look around and see what I've gotten myself into.)

(I feel a lot better now that I'm out of that cell, but I'm still pretty weak. I should summon a thrall to help defend myself.)

The end is COMING!!!

There goes the element of surprise... Cultist, defend me!

Yes, Master!

Combat is pretty straightforward turn-based stuff. The devil's in the details though.

Skills take Energy to use. The die on the left side indicates how many turns it takes before you can use that skill again (Divine Power can only be used every three turns).

Characters gain one Energy each turn, some skills (like Focus here) will restore additional Energy.

It looks like I'm not the only one here. All the more reason to leave in a hurry.

Movement uses WASD controls, with the mouse used to look around and interact with the environment.

I suppose these rags will protect me better than my nightshirt, but not by much.

I'll use this mace to smash The Unbelievers, Master!

Please stop calling me Master. I would prefer to have the element of surprise against the... "Unbelievers".

Yes M-... er, Sir.

Well, it's an improvement.

Locked. Pity.

You are stealing the book about learning not to steal?

I'm just borrowing it... indefinitely.

A key and a strange statue... looks like a female goblin. Might as well grab this too. I bet I know what this key goes to as well.

Restoration Crystals... these will heal even the dead!

Not sure why they're here, but given the circumstances I can't complain.

Your standard Phoenix Down/Revive thingy. In Easy and Normal mode a good night's sleep will revive dead characters, but in Hard (the mode I'm playing on) and 1980s mode these are one of the few ways to revive characters for a long while.

The shocked look on their faces is absolutely priceless, however they quickly regain their composure and rush in to attack.

Two guards instead of one, not really a challenge.

As you approach he turns around and his eyes slowly widen till they're the size of saucers. He looks around to make sure no one is around and quickly hobbles up to you.

What are you doing here! How did you get out of your cell?!

I had a little friend. Two ears, a tail, likes cheese...

A mouse? *gasp* The Spirit of the Book?!

The who of the what?

After a furtive glance over his shoulder he leans in closer.

Right now you are in a magical artifact of great power, the Librum Claustrum. A book that isn't really a book at all, more like it's own extradimensional space.

Extradimensional space? Like a genie's lamp?

Similar enough, I suppose. The Librum Claustrum is used by heroes, under orders from the King, to imprison evil and maintain peace in the realm. Evil, such as you... and I. When someone, or something, is put here they are supposed to go into a deep sleep for all eternity. Dreaming the dreams of madmen.

However...

As we know that isn't always the case. Sometimes the spells designed to sap our power don't work. Other times, like your circumstances, the Spirit of the Book has been known to interfere.

I'm guessing the guards don't appreciate that.

Oh they do. The guards enjoy hunting down inmates. They relish the excitement.

So what exactly is the Spirit of the Book?

No one knows. I personally think she's an inmate who escaped, like you.

Wait, what do you do here? Why haven't the guards locked you back up?

I mostly just clean up after the guards. They let me stay out because I "repented my evil ways", and I make their laundry smell like freshly cut grass. Any reminder of the outside world is welcome here.

The goblin leans in a bit closer.

But believe me, if I could? I would burn this whole place to the ground.

Any chance I can sneak past the guards?

Heh, It so happens I know-

(Word crimes going on in that picture.)

Hey, that's mine! How'd you get that!?

I found it ransacking a room back there.

That was my room! Do you just go around, stealing anything not nailed down?

That's pretty accurate.

Even some things that were nailed down.

You scoundrel!

He grins.

You remind me of myself when I was younger. On the bottom is a hidden latch. Inside is something I was saving, but you could probably use it more than me.

A Scroll of the Owl is inside, it permanently boosts a character's Magic by one.

As I was saying, there is a safe place-

He turns around abruptly at the sound of two men talking in a room down the hall.

There isn't much time. Take this red feather. There is a safe place where others like you are hiding. If you continue through the cell block you will eventually come across a dark pit. Jump into it, this feather will ensure you wind up at the Sanctuary. Good luck.

Understood.

One more thing. Watch out for the Knight. He's in charge of this block.

Before you can ask any more questions he turns around and hurries down the stairs behind you.

I feel more of my power has returned after spending some time talking to him. I should summon another thrall...

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

This will be going into the first post after the next update, I like cutting to the chase and getting the hooks in.

Paper Sorcerer was released last year by Ultra Runaway Games, trying to modernize the old-school 80's RPG with today's conveniences. It definitely draws inspiration from Wizardry IV, having you play as the antagonist, brawling and burning your way out of your confinement.

It got Kickstarted and succeeded, it's $5 on Steam, Gog, or their website and if you like the genre it's honestly a steal. Soundtrack is pretty swell, $5 is worth putting up for that as well.

I'm playing through on Hard (Normal's a tad too easy IMO).

Please try not to spoil anything ahead of the plot, while the plot isn't mind-blowing it does have a couple of neat twists.

Updates:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 7, 2014

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This looks quite neat! I always enjoy this genre, since I got started on computer gaming with Bard's Tale II, and seeing it with some more modern conveniences and a touch less sadism seems like a lot of fun.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Oh, this looks fun. Not enough games let you play as the antagonist. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
FFFFFFFFFFFffffff. Beat me to doing the game. :smith:

Oh well. Looking forward to how it turns out!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I have to ask. How much worse is 1980's Mode compared to Hard?

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Seeing this thread made me pick up the game. It's pretty fun so far, although I wish the combat went a bit faster. Between the grungy guitar and synthesizers for music and the "gain new spooky monster summons" mechanic, this game gives me major Shin Megami Tensei vibes.

Do you have a planned starting party, or do you think you'll let readers pick which summons you choose from?

Cephas fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 23, 2014

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Chokes McGee posted:

Now I'm sad too, your FFL LP was fantastic. Do it anyways :unsmigghh:

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I have to ask. How much worse is 1980's Mode compared to Hard?

I don't know for sure, I'm afraid to find out!

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Bellmaker posted:

Or move on to Legend 2!

So are we going to get a little more in terms of gameplay mechanics next update? I mean I assume the stats are as they always are and blah blah blah, but I mean mostly in regards to the cultist you summoned up. How does that work exactly?

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

I'm playing through on Hard (Normal's a tad too easy IMO).

I played this one on Normal a while ago and the balance threw me a bit, because some parties can be easy, but if you wander around the random encounter areas a bit they ramp up each fight quick. I think by the third encounter one my relatively unequipped party was getting slaughtered without mercy. That taught me not to tarry in those areas.

It actually felt more like I was at the mercy of the high-level loot drops/finds than actual skill because of the way they stock the store versus how they reward you.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Bellmaker posted:

I tried 1980s mode and died in the tutorial fight. I decided to start over on Normal instead.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Chokes McGee posted:

Robots shooting slimes on the DS not good enough for you? :colbert:

(I kid. Thanks for reminding me this game exists from back when I first heard of it. Looks like five bucks getting spent today)

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Thuryl posted:

I tried 1980s mode and died in the tutorial fight. I decided to start over on Normal instead.
On the other hand, Hard mode, at least for the first couple of areas, does live up to its name (but is eminently doable). I've not played through the game entirely on Hard, however, so I dunno if it keeps it up. I know Normal does have the difficulty drop off a little too much in the later levels.

Will you be allowing votes on your party setup?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Maybe it was my party make-up, but I found that some of the later encounters can really drag on. That was kinda why I stopped playing this game. Love the aesthetic though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bellmaker posted:

Nah. Get up and do your thang. If I do one, I'll at least wait until you're done.

quote:

1980s mode is awful. It lives up to the name inasmuch as, even if you're familiar with the intricacies of the game and how to minmax your guys, you're still at the mercy of the RNG. It requires way too much grinding for a game that claims to be (mostly) grinding free, and with the boss fights stacked on top of it, it's just not worth it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SSNeoman posted:

Maybe it was my party make-up, but I found that some of the later encounters can really drag on. That was kinda why I stopped playing this game. Love the aesthetic though.

I found the early-middle section to be the most tedious. I never got to the end, though; I got annoyed by a buggy puzzle near the end and shelved it, never could get back into it. Decent game, but it still kept some annoying legacy "features." Once you get through the starting level, 95% of the time there is no penalty for you to head back to base and recover, but you do have to take the time to trek back to the exit. Would be so much better if you could just rest and recover anywhere outside of the few random encounter zones.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I plan on replaying the game in 1980s mode once I'm done with normal. Hopefully this LP will have some good tips even if you haven't played it.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku
You ought to be showing off the soundtrack; it's one of the best parts of this game. Your screenshots could also stand to be larger. 900 pixels wide should do it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, the structure is very familiar but I like what they're doing with the story so far.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I bought this game and, like an idiot, expected my summoned monsters to have amusing dialogue like your Cultist. :( Still enjoying it a lot, though. Very clever way to make the game stylish while saving on art assets; it looks even better in motion.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Gabriel Pope posted:

I found the early-middle section to be the most tedious. I never got to the end, though; I got annoyed by a buggy puzzle near the end and shelved it, never could get back into it. Decent game, but it still kept some annoying legacy "features." Once you get through the starting level, 95% of the time there is no penalty for you to head back to base and recover, but you do have to take the time to trek back to the exit. Would be so much better if you could just rest and recover anywhere outside of the few random encounter zones.

I think I know exactly the puzzle you're talking about.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Another pair of hands may be helpful, sir.

I was thinking claws myself.

Most enemy encounters are not random, they show up as inkblots and are gone for good when defeated. There are areas of the game where there are random encounters, but they are infrequent, visually obvious, and often plot-related.

Werewolf, defend me!

AROOOOOOOOOO! (Yes, Master!)

A Squire shows up here, he's a slightly tougher Guard.

(Getting back to my old self... my thralls will get stronger as I do.)

Our Cultist learned Smite Lvl 1 (Causes extra Divine damage) at the same time.

These must be some form of currency. My coffers are certainly barren at the moment.

All characters restore 1 Energy when their turn comes up. Physical fighters usually have less ways to restore Energy than magic-based characters.

AROOOOOOOOOO! (My arms aren't working!)

These archers can cripple a character with Trick Attack. Cripple prevents the character from using physical attacks, so it's definitely a problem.

HP is obvious, but DEF is not. Physical attacks will deal both HP and DEF damage, and can be evaded separately. If a physical attack would do 10 damage to our Sorcerer right now, it would only deal 5HP damage because he has 5 DEF. So if a character has more DEF than the attack, they won't take any HP damage! The catch is that this applies to enemies as well.

DEF is reduced by some amount with each hit (I have not been able to figure out any formula for how much it is reduced per attack), and it is automatically restored after each battle.

Time to up the ante a bit, I suppose. I AM a sorcerer, after all.

Magic attacks usually aren't as strong as physical attacks once you wear down a target's DEF, but they do pure HP damage and ignore DEF entirely.

Better than the Rags I've got now.

Loot found in areas is random, if you wanted to savescum until you got a Dwarven Darksteel Doomhammer +12 you could, but that's lame and unnecessary.

The Unbelievers seem to be better coordinated now.

Thankfully, so am I. Troll, fight them off!

Gotcha, boss!

Werewolf can't equip weapons, but his attack damage range goes up each level. Our Sorcerer learned Frost Fall Lvl 1 (deal damage and reduce target's Agility), our Troll learned Adrenaline Rush Lvl 1 (boosts his Strength and Agility), and our Cultist learned Restore Defence Lvl 1 (guess).

Quite an entourage at the moment, hmm.

aroooo (pretty pretty shiny shiny)

What's in the sack?

It's not dinner.

Never liked dwarves. This guy's not changin' my mind!

It's barely been used, most of the writing is about the lack of discipline among the guards.

"...of course the lot of the lads in here don't know what they're doing. Sons of farmers and gutter rats, promised a life with purpose. They're just too young too understand what being here forever really means."

The final page looks like it's gotten wet. The ink is blurry and hard to read but you can make some out of it.

"...was the only one who understood me, now he's dead! Kenrick didn't deserve that! I'm sure that stinking goblin knows something, next time the others aren't around I'll make him talk."

Readin' somethin' good, boss?

It seems we're not the only prisoners here.

Aroooo?

Well, at least we don't have to make a leap of faith.

Pull a couple of levers to get to the bottom, nothing complex.

Just the person I wanted to see.

I know where you're trying to go Sorcerer, and you'll never make it.

My bed's a bit on the small side, and the meals have been terrible.

The fact you have made it as far as you have speaks to your skill.

You haven't listened to a word I've said, have you.

However, your insurrection ends here!

*sigh* All bluster and no brains.

The Knight's our first boss. He isn't terribly difficult, but he can hit fairly hard.

Enemy Smite hits harder. That's about all he's got!

Our Sorcerer learns Scorch Lvl 1 (Fire blast burns target and causes continued burning damage), Werewolf learns Martial Arts Lvl 1 (increases chance of countering attacks), and Troll learns Arterial Slice Lvl 1 (Uses Agility for damage, partially ignores Defense).

Well there's the pit that goblin talked about. Nowhere else to go but down...

As you fall you start to feel light-headed, and right before you black out, the strangest sensation comes over you. It feels like your body is getting pushed through a cheese grater, but not in a painful way. You only have a few seconds to ponder this before you completely lose consciousness.

I'm glad you finally made it. Based on your reputation I thought that knight wouldn't even stand a chance, but he gave you a good bit of challenge.

Reputations aren't all they're cracked up to be. No whiskers this time?

You're a perceptive one, that going to come in handy. Some call me the Spirit of the Book, and this is the Sanctuary. A safe place for all who seek escape from the Librum Claustrum. Well, relatively safe. You don't get sealed in here for being nice. Anyways, let's get down to business.

Books are held together by their bindings, and if the bindings are broken...

Obviously pleased with herself, she pauses with a self-satisfied air.

The Librum is broken into blocks, and each block consists of three floors guarding the binding, and the binding itself. You will need to ascend through the Librum, breaking the bindings on every block. When the last one is broken, we may do as we please. Now I'm going to teach you a powerful spell that will undo those bindings, the Chant of Unmaking...

You're a quick learner!

I've always had to be.

Before you go back, you should acquaint yourself with some on the locals here. Some of the guards in the Librum could tear you apart as you are now, so you're going to need some help. Also, here, take these. This gem will let you return whenever you want. This other gem will let you summon different thralls if you wish. You'll only be able to use it once though. Good luck!

Confession time.

I made that summoning gem thing up. Because I want some help deciding on what Thralls to use! I'm selfless/masochistic like that.

Thralls:

Using savage hand to hand strikes to take down his foes, and beneficial howls to bolster the party, the Werewolf is a balanced character that can fit well in any party.

Pros: Balanced character, some physical attacks that hit all enemies
Cons: Poor armor, no weapons other than clawsticuffs

The Minotaur is among the most damaging characters available, thanks to powerful axes and the fastest Strength growth in the game. Additionally while he can only wear light armor, he boasts some of the highest HP growth as well.

Pros: Some good status ailments, massive physical damage, and massive physical damage to all enemies :black101:
Cons: Axe damage ranges can be very erratic (ex: 5-100 damage), skills use a ton of Energy, poor armor

Thanks to heavy armor and an assortment of defensive and status-restoring skills, the skeleton excels in protecting the more fragile members of the party.

Pros: Nigh-invincible, can provoke enemies to attack him, Rune skills cure physical status ailments
Cons: Poor physical attack

The Vampire can be thought of as a more offensive-minded healer. He sacrifices his own HP to heal the party, relying on his draining abilities to keep himself alive. Additionally he has an assortment of damage and control spells to keep things interesting.

Pros: Not a paperweight when everyone's topped off, some decently powerful attacks
Cons: Lives life undeath on the edge (do you like your healer taking damage?), weakest healer of the healers

The Ghost's specialty is status effects. While not directly damaging, the Ghost's skills can still be devastating to the enemy party, in addition to having some of the strongest buffs in the game.

Pros: Strongest buffs in the game, status ailments can be pretty devastating
Cons: Terrible stats and equipment

The Imp is a sort of jack of all trades kind of character. He has some powerful status spells, like sleep and charm, as well as some defensive abilities such as Invisibility and Reflect. Additionally he has some damage over time spells to round things out.

Pros: Powerful status ailments, unique defensive abilities, and some damage over time abilities
Cons: No weapons, little in the way of actual damage

The Goblin can cause some nasty status effects to the enemy parts as well as a small assortment of hard hitting melee attacks. He is also the only character who can attempt to pick locks outside of combat.

Pros: Nasty status effects, handful of hard-hitting physical attacks. Can pick locks!
Cons: Can't take a lot of punishment.

Thanks to decent armor and an assortment of buffs, the Cultist is the most defensive of the available healers, but still not without a few damaging skills. He's a solid defensive character who would be useful in any party composition.

Pros: Stalwart healer that won't crumple at the slightest breeze.
Cons: Not combat-impaired, but not a lot of ways to deal damage.

The Witch has some of the most powerful healing skills in the game, but lower HP and poorer armor choices than the other healers. She also has some powerful debuff and damage over time abilities as well.

Pros: Best healing in the game, powerful debuffs and damage over time skills
Cons: A wet paper bag can take more of a hit than her, pathetic physical damage.

The Troll is focused on dealing as much damage as possible, as fast as possible. He has a variety of hard hitting attacks, as well as a few damage over time abilities.

Pros: Tears enemies to shreds with massive damage/DOT, his katars have added chances to crit
Cons: Less utility than some of the other fighter classes

The Shadow is based around dealing large amounts of magic damage. While the damage range is very wide, many of the Shadow's abilities cause extremely high amounts of damage.

Pros: Magical Minotaur (erratic but massive magic damage to all enemies)
Cons: Poor defense, worst equipment in game (can only equip accessories)

The Abomination is a defensive character, focusing particularly on dealing with enemy mages. He has a variety of abilities that deal with removing enemy enchantments, as well as some minor healing ability.

Pros: Great armor, dispels enemy buffs, protects party from magic, minor healing
Cons: Suffers from a lack of damaging attacks like the Skeleton

Go ahead and pick two thralls you want to see.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is this choice permanent?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Nihilarian posted:

Is this choice permanent?

The choice is permanent, yes, but it's also not necessarily the final party, either.

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

I'd say go with the Witch and the Skeleton.

Granted, in these kind of games I always lean towards defense. I almost said Skeleton/Minotaur but I figured having a healer/second healer wouldn't be a bad thing.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I've gotten a whole lot of use out of the Ghost, though I do wish I hadn't picked the Vampire. Just load him up with your best armor runes and accessories, he gets some okay attack spells for when you don't need buffs or status ailments (you always need buffs and status ailments).

e: oh, I get two votes! Let's go with the Abomination, because magic is the worst and I hate it.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 27, 2014

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

Man, that's a hard choice; there's no way to get a truly balanced party with these three. You're basically choosing your weakness, or multiple weaknesses if you double down on your villain's class. Very nice!

I would say The Shadow, because his portrait is red and he's mysterious which is sexy, and, hm... Ghost, because that combination sounds quite challenging and diverse. Maybe impossible; most RPG systems assume you have a healer in the party.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The Wizard of Oz posted:

Man, that's a hard choice; there's no way to get a truly balanced party with these three. You're basically choosing your weakness, or multiple weaknesses if you double down on your villain's class. Very nice!

I would say The Shadow, because his portrait is red and he's mysterious which is sexy, and, hm... Ghost, because that combination sounds quite challenging and diverse. Maybe impossible; most RPG systems assume you have a healer in the party.

You can have four characters in your party, but even then there's still plenty of holes they can't cover.

I just want a little flexibility for myself because this is Hard mode, after all :haw:

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
The Shadow and Minotaur to enforce maximum RNG suffering.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Let's go with Goblin and Witch.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow knows! And clearly we must keep such things close.

And who better to follow but one with no shadow? Vampire as well.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Shadow and Skeleton. Never used them myself, so will be interesting to see what they do.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Vampire and the Minotaur.

Preid
May 22, 2014
I'm surprised there is so little love for our old friend, the Cultist. I also feel that the Shadow might make for an interesting... companion.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Obligatum VII posted:

I second this.

Also, is it just me or are axes really random in rpgs? The only ones I'm thinking of off the top of my head are the Final Fantasy games, but axes are usually the "absurdly powerful but also absurdly random" sort of attack. Or maybe I'm imagining it~

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I vote for the Minotaur and the Ghost.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Minotuar and the Abomination.

Go team Big Guy!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Ghost 'n Goblin!

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Our enemies should be on the lookout for Vampire Ghosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Chulainn
Sep 5, 2011

Who's up for a game of Swords & Speedballs?

Obligatum VII posted:

This please.

• Locked thread