Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Messi will be sold this summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

BWV posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/28/lionel-messi-tax-barcelona

Messi will be prosecuted. Not just his dad. Seems weird that someone behind the scenes didn't take care of this. I bet the prosecutor is a Madrid fan.

I hope this gets spun in someway to be about Catalan nationalism and refusing to pay the tyrannical federal government.

Actually apparently the prosecutor asked the judge to drop the case but the judge denied his request which is pretty odd imo

This poo poo and Neymar's case can't be good for the players.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Messi is probably sick of Spain at this point. No wonder he wanted Cesc to probe the English ground and see if someone can sign him anytime soon.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

El Hefe posted:

Actually apparently the prosecutor asked the judge to drop the case but the judge denied his request which is pretty odd imo

This poo poo and Neymar's case can't be good for the players.

I think the judge has basically gone 'gently caress off he clearly knew about this and isn't getting a pass because hes famous.'

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

I think the judge has basically gone 'gently caress off he clearly knew about this and isn't getting a pass because hes famous.'

ey the system isn't broken!!!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I wonder what the People's Oleguer thinks of all this?

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Messi's repeated vomiting on the pitch is just a manifestation of his guilt.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Someone do a cool effort post on noted cool team Rayo Vallecano. Also Levante.

Edit: jesus looking at their Wiki page and they've lost a tonne of players.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Are any Spanish clubs going to take Pepe Mel? His reputation should still be decent.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Tortilla Maker posted:

Elche and Villarreal play each other tomorrow afternoon.

Watch and finalize your decision please.

Match can be viewed on the YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BODj44f1jWk

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Pepe called Keita a monkey during a Clasico and today in a friendly they had a fight about it

Does Pepe think he's aryan now?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
didn't know pepe was argentinean

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I loved Keita. Wish he stayed. Cool dude all around.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

serious gaylord posted:

Yeah I'm sure Messi really knew or cared when he was 16-18 that his handlers were committing tax fraud and using shell corporations :rolleyes: basically that's even what the prosecutor said in recommending not bringing charges.

The guy probably trusted his Dad, which is what has gotten him into this mess. Same w Neymar

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Messi was too busy asking for his 19th contract renewal to care about things like 'taxes'.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Messi knew

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

NattyBo posted:

Yeah I'm sure Messi really knew or cared when he was 16-18 that his handlers were committing tax fraud and using shell corporations :rolleyes: basically that's even what the prosecutor said in recommending not bringing charges.

The guy probably trusted his Dad, which is what has gotten him into this mess. Same w Neymar

well he's got aspergers and probably loves numbers and stuff so i wouldnt doubt that he's guilty

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

NattyBo posted:

You are right we should totally give a guy who defrauded a country with a crippling debt and unemployment problem a free pass because he plays football for Franco's Washington Generals.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

And all the time, he was determined to pay as little tax as possible.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

drat he hosed his cousin and married her? what a messed up autist

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
I hate that little oval office.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the 14 ways that little argentinians are evading taxes may surprise you

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Byolante posted:

You are right we should totally give a guy who defrauded a country with a crippling debt and unemployment problem a free pass because he plays football for Franco's Washington Generals.

Yes, that's exactly what I posted, great reasoning

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

NattyBo posted:

Can't wait for people to use the same defense when his years of doping gets revealed

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

African AIDS cum posted:

Can't wait for people to use the same defense when his years of doping gets revealed

I thought they were injectable Flintstones vitamins.

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

NattyBo posted:

so his defence for tax fraud is that he didn't really care about paying taxes. good poo poo

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

lmaoboy1998 posted:

so his defence for tax fraud is that he didn't really care about paying taxes. good poo poo

this is gonna be my defence as well

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Love watching Messi but he deserves to spend some time in the slammer for this.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

The expansion of Bernabeu is on halt due to the European Union investigation re: state aid, ftw. Good times for Madrid and Barca

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Genuinely think tax crimes should just be paying whatevers owed and then a fine there's really no point in putting a person in jail for it imo

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Yeah and Messi already paid more in taxes more than anyone ever has in the history of Spain this year.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

*puts on trolling hat*

Messi is the best player ever and Bar-strange c-elona had a couple sides in the last decade that are among the best club sides of all time.

*sits back and waits for the pubbie tears*

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

tbp posted:

Genuinely think tax crimes should just be paying whatevers owed and then a fine there's really no point in putting a person in jail for it imo

What incentive is there to ever pay taxes then? You would just hold onto the money until you got noticed/chased for it then pay it back. In the meantime how do you finance government policies?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Messi did nothing wrong.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Byolante posted:

What incentive is there to ever pay taxes then? You would just hold onto the money until you got noticed/chased for it then pay it back. In the meantime how do you finance government policies?

Ideally the fine would be punitive and scaling so should it occur again it'd be excessively stupid to avoid paying the taxes?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

tbp posted:

Ideally the fine would be punitive and scaling so should it occur again it'd be excessively stupid to avoid paying the taxes?

like being temporarily removed from society hrm you might be onto something here tbp

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Modus Trollens posted:

like being temporarily removed from society hrm you might be onto something here tbp

i think thats excessive rly

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
If he's jailed then he can't work and then he can't contribute taxes anymore, all around bad solution.

Messi did nothing wrong.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

If he's jailed then he can't work and then he can't contribute taxes anymore, all around bad solution.

Messi did nothing wrong.

The state should just seize all his assets then shoot him. Spain was doing fine until all these uppity Catalans came and ruined it for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Valencia's board of trustees approved the sale of the club to Peter Lim, think the last step here is Bankia signing off and then woot on the Nou Mestalla commences. Probably too late for Valencia to spend much money this summer tho

• Locked thread