Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I hope Barca plays him for the Clasico lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Hegay posted:

I hope Barca plays him for the Clasico lol

I hope he bites Xabi Alonso

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Also Kroos is so fukken fully sick i love him already

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Gareth Bale said this when asked about his new muscle mass and what his training regimen was:

quote:

"I haven't done anything," said Bale. "I've done a bit of training in the off-season, a bit of running.

"It was just pure conditioning training, I've worked hard in the off-season and feel in good shape.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-bale-wants-euro-glory-192118526--sow.html

El Hefe posted:

TAS ruling is out and Suarez can train with the team but the match ban is upheld

He should be ready for the first Clasico I think

I miss that dude.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 14, 2014

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Luis Suarez can also play friendlies and will play the Gamper next week

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Bankia and Peter Lim have come to terms according to multiple sources, expect Lim to be named owner (or whatever they call it) of Valencia in the coming days. Think the only remaining delay is working out some liability the club owes ahead of hand to another debtor before assuming the rest of the debts and assets.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Deulofeo was loaned out again.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Deulofeo was loaned out again.

wonder why he didn't want to go back to Everton

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Modus Trollens posted:

wonder why he didn't want to go back to Everton

THIS

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I wonder why a 1 dimensional player like Tello was given like 3-4 seasons and Deulofeu gets 4 friendlies to prove himself before being shipped out again. Oh wait no I don't wonder the people in charge of Barça are loving morons. At least it's just a loan not a sale.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Luis Enrique shat on him publicly a few weeks ago, he said he needed to improve a lot and that he didn't defend at all.

Luis Enrique doesn't rate him that's all.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

He's got massive holes in his game but the raw potential is there they should want to work with him rather than just letting him flounder and hoping he perseveres

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

NattyBo posted:

Bankia and Peter Lim have come to terms according to multiple sources, expect Lim to be named owner (or whatever they call it) of Valencia in the coming days. Think the only remaining delay is working out some liability the club owes ahead of hand to another debtor before assuming the rest of the debts and assets.

A shame they won't be able to get the huge bags of money (yuan? dollars?) in time to make a big splash before the transfer market closes.

Then again, it'll be nice for Valencia to be possibly on semi-solid footing for the first time this century since their founding but I bet somehow everyone else involved with the club still manages to screw this up.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Duncan Sperguson posted:

He's got massive holes in his game but the raw potential is there they should want to work with him rather than just letting him flounder and hoping he perseveres

They have given him a few years now, if he won't play ball the way the manager want's him to he's going to get shipped off.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Lladre posted:

They have given him a few years now, if he won't play ball the way the manager want's him to he's going to get shipped off.

Then that would be Barcelona's loss caused by some unbelievable incompetence

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
If Barcelona think Deulofeu needs to play in a certain way, they should teach him. That's what a manager is for. Sending him to another team does nothing, he's going to play how that other team's manager wants him to play.

Anyway this is just funny because Sport and Mundo Deportivo were jizzing themselves over Deulofeu being back and saying that was a Luis Enrique request and La Masia and blah blah blah

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
You guys sound like the sort who would say Casillas shouldn't have been benched.

Hopefully Suarez explodes in a cannibalistic frenzy tearing out Pepe's jugular so we have a decent space for him next year.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Lladre posted:

God you are such a bad poster I wonder if it's Schtick or what.

If you're wondering how a club like FCB can be run like idiots, it's because supporters (at least some slim majority of them) who are socios and live in Barcelona think it's normal. The club is being run into the ground with bad decisions and they're too close to the impact site to see, or something.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Like I posted before, Deulofeu was loaned out because Luis Enrique doesn't want him, it's as simple as that, there's no conspiracy.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

El Hefe posted:

Like I posted before, Deulofeu was loaned out because Luis Enrique doesn't want him, it's as simple as that, there's no conspiracy.

the conspiracy is Luis Enrique is a poo poo manager?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Modus Trollens posted:

the conspiracy is Luis Enrique is a poo poo manager?

He is but that's not a conspiracy just a fact.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Sport is the worse Spanish paper by a mile

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Luis Enrique did a poor job at Roma and was rewarded with the Barca job. Inexplicable hire

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ungratek posted:

Luis Enrique did a poor job at Roma and was rewarded with the Barca job. Inexplicable hire

Yea but he was friends with Pep. And coached Bartha B so that means more than anything.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
I don't think Luis Enrique is a bad coach, but it's obvious that the rationale for hiring him is that he has some things in common with Pep and Pep was good so why wouldn't he be good.

You might as well hire someone who shares Pep's birthday.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Maybe Luis Enrique will be good for Barca. Being a Barca hero might give him the extra authority he didn't have at Roma. That kind of stuff matters, especially if you're as relatively inexperienced as he was when he got the Roma job.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

El Hefe posted:

I'm not alleging conspiracy, I'm alleging institutional idiocy from the top on down.

Look, I get that Lucho doesn't want the kid - then maybe he's part of the problem. It sends a terrible message when the most promising player to come out of La Masia in a while gets 0 real chance to go in the first time and gets loaned out instead. Loan deals for Barça very rarely end up with a more seasoned player coming back to the first team to improve it - usually it's just a holding pattern until the morons sell him later for a song.

Maybe the transfer ban will be a blessing in disguise of sorts. Except for the whole not having top defenders thing, yeah.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 15, 2014

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
When does the transfer ban go into effect, anyway?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

blue footed boobie posted:

When does the transfer ban go into effect, anyway?

If the appeal is denied, it would start before the next winter window and go through the summer window IIRC

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Deulofeu is a lazy little gently caress who will never make it because he relies on pure skill.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
lol i remember wathcing the u19 championship with jese and deulofeu both dribbling past 3 defenders every game then refusing to pass the ball to other players. good times.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Charlotte Hornets posted:

lol i remember wathcing the u19 championship with jese and deulofeu both dribbling past 3 defenders every game then refusing to pass the ball to other players. good times.

Deulofeu still only does this he owns

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Or as I like to call him "Greedy Bastard"

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I'm convinced Gerry Godmadehim is a secret Englishman. He goes against everything La Masia teaches.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Exactly.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Lladre posted:

Exactly.

Yeah so you should definitely give up on players that are doing suboptimal things in the U19s because they'll never be able to be trained out of it, you're a loving idiot

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Duncan Sperguson posted:

Yeah so you should definitely give up on players that are doing suboptimal things in the U19s because they'll never be able to be trained out of it, you're a loving idiot

This seems a bit harsh. I think the biggest problem is he has had years and years to learn to play the way Barcelona want him to. They want forwards to defend once they've lost the ball and to pass first dribble next. Deulofeu seems unwilling to play this way. He is very talented but doesn't fit the system. I'm not sure why it makes you so angry that Barcelona don't want him.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Suqit posted:

This seems a bit harsh. I think the biggest problem is he has had years and years to learn to play the way Barcelona want him to. They want forwards to defend once they've lost the ball and to pass first dribble next. Deulofeu seems unwilling to play this way. He is very talented but doesn't fit the system. I'm not sure why it makes you so angry that Barcelona don't want him.

He would have more of a chance of playing the'barcelona way' if they hadn't decided to just loan him out to whoever would take him. Its yet more comically terrible mismanagement which exemplifies modern day barcelona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Byolante posted:

He would have more of a chance of playing the'barcelona way' if they hadn't decided to just loan him out to whoever would take him. Its yet more comically terrible mismanagement which exemplifies modern day barcelona.

Nah, Deulofeu is not a case of terrible mismanagement. He's not good enough to play for them. There are plenty of examples of modern day Barcelona doing retarded things, this isn't one of them.

• Locked thread