Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
first step to marijuana addiction is admitting that everybody, including sober people, is retarded
:2bong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

amityville anus posted:

first step to marijuana addiction is admitting that everybody, including sober people, is retarded

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

amityville anus posted:

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

amityville anus posted:

Living a drug free life is for suckers who believe alcohol is the safest drug to take.

this is the truth

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Love it when my mom dismisses medical mj for her very real rheumatoid arthritis because "it's dangerous" but then takes warfarin (literal rat poison) and drinks like 4 pots of coffee a day and gets max 4 hrs of sleep a night

its like yo ma maybe you're going about this the wrong way

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I hear meth is pretty safe might just switch to that

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
gonna need something to ease the comedown though

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

gonna need something to ease the comedown though

Heroin?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

InFlames235 posted:

I've been a daily smoker for the past 5 years and just recently decided to finally quit after daily memory issues, anxiety and brain fog (having trouble just putting together sentences at times) started to really become apparent. It was a fun 5 years but it's time for it to end. Anyone here quit for these reasons? I know the general goon mindset is "420 smoke weed errday" but i think this is gonna be good for me.

smoke weed on the weekends/days off

do cocain like an adult

hth

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I smoked 5-10 times a day for 16 years. It was a performance enhancer for me: made my mind sharper, deeper, and made me more patient and empathetic. Last september, I decided I needed to confront why I needed performance enhancement, and realized it was a self-esteem issue where I couldn't accept my "ordinary" self. It took a few months, but I did it and now I only smoke once every couple of months. It a tually doesn't make me feel alright when I'm not using it regularly, so after a few months of off and on use, I don't even miss it.

Good luck OP!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
No, don't.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

I smoked 5-10 times a day for 16 years. It was a performance enhancer for me: made my mind sharper, deeper, and made me more patient and empathetic. Last september, I decided I needed to confront why I needed performance enhancement, and realized it was a self-esteem issue where I couldn't accept my "ordinary" self. It took a few months, but I did it and now I only smoke once every couple of months.

Good luck OP!

yeah this is basically me except I love my ordinary self but recognize that I'm so scatterbrained normally I literally am incapable of living in modern society

I can take prescription meth if I want but guess what works just as well?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Real meth???

Barfoid 3
Jun 1, 2013

by Lowtax
One time I told an alcoholic in ask tell that he should go to AA, and a bunch of goons cited junk science/the penn and teller show 'proving' that AA "doesn't work" and suggested that the OP post in the TCC recovery thread instead, and I was probated for saying how retarted goons are.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

InFlames235 posted:

Real meth???

not as pure and harder to dose effectively so no not really

really wish I still lived in CO and could get the kickass tinctures and candies they have there

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

AA is dumb as gently caress get a secular substance abuse counselor

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

InFlames235 posted:

Real meth???

yeah, desoxyn is the brand name for racemic methamphetamine. pretty good stuff.

edit: you'll probably need to find a dr. feelgood to get it if you aren't like 350 pounds or narcoleptic

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 24, 2014

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Weed is great. Only a moron would stop smoking it.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Barfoid 3 posted:

One time I told an alcoholic in ask tell that he should go to AA, and a bunch of goons cited junk science/the penn and teller show 'proving' that AA "doesn't work" and suggested that the OP post in the TCC recovery thread instead, and I was probated for saying how retarted goons are.

yeah you are pretty retarded (just like AA)

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

InFlames235 posted:

I hear meth is pretty safe might just switch to that

yeah you just gotta eyeball it man

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

InFlames235 posted:

Real meth???

Meth... is the best.

Start smoking
dat crystal

and it'll
do the rest.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

yeah this is basically me except I love my ordinary self but recognize that I'm so scatterbrained normally I literally am incapable of living in modern society

do cocain like an adult ok

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

good luck quitter

I hope youre not leaving this earth with some in a bag. smoke that poo poo till its gone, then youre ok to quit

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
More weed for the rest of us.

This is zero-sum poo poo folks.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

InFlames235 posted:

I've been a daily smoker for the past 5 years and just recently decided to finally quit after daily memory issues, anxiety and brain fog (having trouble just putting together sentences at times) started to really become apparent. It was a fun 5 years but it's time for it to end. Anyone here quit for these reasons? I know the general goon mindset is "420 smoke weed errday" but i think this is gonna be good for me.

I wish their were more potheads like you, because I have at lest two friends who can't even realize when its to much. Just like alcohol, weed is ok in moderation, if you are high all day 24/7/365 its really just not a good idea. Yeah, weed is better for you than alcohol, no recorded deaths and that stuff but it can still have negative effects on you. Primarily what you just described (paranoia, unclear thinking, anxiety). Best of luck to you OP.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
I just got a Vapor Genie in the mail today. Gonna smoke for you OP.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Yeah, I quit last August for the same reasons OP. Brain fog, wouldn't want to do anything but go home from work and get blazed, I felt myself becoming more and more withdrawn, would have more social anxiety (overthinking basic conversations). Smoked everyday (go through a quarter every 4-5 days) for about 6 years.

Admittedly I do miss it from time to time but I'm happier, more social, don't wake up in a haze everyday and feel better psychologically.

If I was at a mates place and a bong was being passed out or a joint, I'd have some, but I made a vow not to seek it out anymore and after the first few weeks it's pretty good.

Though I drink and smoke cigarettes more nowadays than I used to when I smoked so maybe I just get off on slowly killing myself?

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
every time I quit smoking weed I start getting pissed off and stressed out about things that don't matter even though nothing in my life changes. also i drink a lot more. Sometimes it's jsut better to smoke lots of weed.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

if you cant handle weed youre a pansy.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

To paraphrase South Park: Weed probably won't hurt you, but it'll make you a boring person.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
problem

Robbie Fowler posted:

Though I drink and smoke cigarettes more nowadays than I used to when I smoked so maybe I just get off on slowly killing myself?

solution

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Sometimes it's jsut better to smoke lots of weed.

if you are smoking cigarettes and not weed then you are a colossal retard

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
How would your grandma feel about your abusing the weed?

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

if you are smoking cigarettes and not weed then you are a colossal retard

Agreed, but I like a cigarette when I drink, what can I say?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
To quit weed you must first smoke weed. So don't worry OP, keep on blazing and any time someone says "I thought you said you were quitting" you can say "Yep, and I'm on the first step"

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
oh i get it now that its legal its not fun anymore GOT IT

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

vandalism posted:

How would your grandma feel about your abusing the weed?

she would be sad which would make me sad which gives more motivation to quit. thanks forum poster "vandalism" for your words of wisdom really made me think.

Robbie Fowler posted:

Yeah, I quit last August for the same reasons OP. Brain fog, wouldn't want to do anything but go home from work and get blazed, I felt myself becoming more and more withdrawn, would have more social anxiety (overthinking basic conversations). Smoked everyday (go through a quarter every 4-5 days) for about 6 years.

Admittedly I do miss it from time to time but I'm happier, more social, don't wake up in a haze everyday and feel better psychologically.

If I was at a mates place and a bong was being passed out or a joint, I'd have some, but I made a vow not to seek it out anymore and after the first few weeks it's pretty good.

Yea being withdrawn and having more social anxiety definitely has happened to me as well. I feel you about just wanting to go home and smoke. Someone invites me out and I end up thinking "eh it'd be more fun to just play video games and smoke instead". Vicious cycle. Glad quitting worked well for you.

InFlames235 fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 24, 2014

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
Quiters never win OP, lace your next joint with some PCP to help you get over this hump.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

motherbox posted:

To paraphrase South Park: Weed probably won't hurt you, but it'll make you a boring person.

because when i think of a person that isn't boring, it's someone that watches and quotes southpark lol

also why is it that the only people i hear say poo poo like 'weed makes me anti-social' are goons? everyone else becomes more social since they are smoking with other people and doing things and say stuff like 'yeah it helped me come out of my shell and make friends', if you were some anime watching goony shut-in before you started smoking weed, you're still probably going to be one after

you autists ruin everything

Someguy fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 24, 2014

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Someguy posted:

because when i think of a person that isn't boring, it's someone that watches and quotes southpark lol

also why is it that the only people i hear say poo poo like 'weed makes me anti-social' are goons? everyone else becomes more social since they are smoking with other people and doing things and say stuff like 'yeah it helped me come out of my shell and make friends'

you autists ruin everything

because instead of smoking weed and then going out and playing frisbee or rafting or fishing or kayaking or biking or skiing or going for a drive or one of a billion other things you can do, goons smoke weed and loving play video games like bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
i smoke weed and jack off in a dark room

• Locked thread