Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

------------------------------------ poo poo POSTERS EVERYWHERE BELOW THIS LINE -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Al Cowens fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jul 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Reddit Account
Nov 27, 2013

by XyloJW
Spineless nerds terrified of losing their jobs begin to eat flavorless paste as to not enrage middle management by doing time-consuming things like "enjoying lunch". This isn't very difficult to understand.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IKVj4l5GU4

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
"let me make this thing thats enjoyable and part of the human experience a streamlined, designed mechanism that provides me zero pleasure" - an engineer

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
they're busy boys and food is fuel sabel

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

"let me make this thing thats enjoyable and part of the human experience a streamlined, designed mechanism that provides me zero pleasure" - an engineer

Silicon valley has done it again!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
is it like food in pill form or are we talking something the size of a meal with the effort required to eat that much? because the former would be pretty nice

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if i install a sun lamp in my cubical, i dont even need to go outside anymore! +1 efficiency.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

wikipedia posted:

Soylent is an open sourced nutritional drink. Its creator, software engineer Rob Rhinehart, researched nutritional requirements and

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Pretty soon tech startups are just going to pump it directly into feeders in each cubicle Uniquely Disruptive workspace

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hey do you think life is something to be enjoyed? haha take this disruption, fool

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i must be livin under a rock cause I was like "huh everyone is really into watching/quoting soylent green? it was good but not that good of a movie" and then i looked it up and its just a glorified protein shake that you pay $$$ for in months supply worth??

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Xaris posted:

i must be livin under a rock cause I was like "huh everyone is really into watching/quoting soylent green? it wasnt that good of a movie" and then i looked it up and its just a glorified protein shake that you pay $$$ for in months supply worth??

basically a silicon valley nerd got tired wasting time cooking actual food and decided to make a cum like meal replacement drink.

He also decided to name it after something from fiction that's sourced from ground up old people.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

We've taken another step towards a bleak, grimy, dystopian future and I'm glad of it

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
finally a bland paste for the bland pasty nerd

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://twitter.com/tpope/status/474701505023725568
https://twitter.com/tpope/status/476455786399662080
:stare:

A classic that's used to illustrate linear optimization is the diet problem

Somebody took it seriously and applied this unrealistic toy problem to reality :stare:

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

asexual soylent drinker here and i

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

man, how do I get some of this baby formula for grownups

Dec 26, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

is it like food in pill form or are we talking something the size of a meal with the effort required to eat that much? because the former would be pretty nice

quote:

Soylent comes in a dry powder form along with an oil blend. You mix both of these with water for each serving.

i think you basically make a paste/shake out of it and glop it into your fat face

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
what happened, oatmeal?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

01011001 posted:

i think you basically make a paste/shake out of it and glop it into your fat face

gently caress that i'll stick with warm meals

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Corey Plumper posted:

We've taken another step towards a bleak, grimy, dystopian future and I'm glad of it

the clocks were striking 13 as corey plumper settled into his Miniquirk mandated bean bag chair to begin his shift at the app factory

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

because every man secretly wants to drink cum

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

hopefulyy everyone will die

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Copley Depot posted:

because every man secretly wants to drink cum

well

yeah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-its-like-living-on-soylent-2014-6

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

does it go well poured over pizza rolls

cause i think thats the only way itll get integrated into most of its customers diets

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

thodse guys are all dead now

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

You would think you would lose weight on such a strict and measurable diet

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

GelatinSkeleton posted:

thodse guys are all dead now
i heard you poo poo your pants when you die so based on the farting problems soylent causes these had to be some massive kabooms

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oEnJfZ9joY

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax
there was a vice (or whatever) documentary about some hipster nerd that decided to try it for 30 days, and ended up filming in the factory they package soylent, and it surprise it was some filthy factory full of rats and rat poo poo

because supplements aren't regulated by the FDA, the companies that manufacturer them can operate however they want, which means plenty of rat feces for all involved

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ive heard it described as tasting like "salty oats" which does not do wonders to dispel the cumshake image

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I made a Mac and Cheese tonight with fresh shells from a real Italian pasticceria, cheddar from an unpasteurized invite only food coop, and hand crafted caviared mustard.

What I'm saying is really is that all austists should be rounded up and gassed

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thundercracker posted:

I made a Mac and Cheese tonight with fresh shells from a real Italian pasticceria, cheddar from an unpasteurized invite only food coop, and hand crafted caviared mustard.

What I'm saying is really is that all austists should be rounded up and gassed

You have not optimized your daily time allowance by wasting time on food.

Dec 26, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

ive heard it described as tasting like "salty oats" which does not do wonders to dispel the cumshake image

the new salty penny flavor will help with that

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

pro click

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NCigh54jg

The sperg has a great moment where he describes getting upset over eating salad since only primitive animals like cows should be eating leaves.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

JazzFlight posted:

i heard you poo poo your pants when you die so based on the farting problems soylent causes these had to be some massive kabooms

youre right, I know because i killed them

naem
May 29, 2011

Farty fish cum juice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I really enjoy passing gas ("farting") so is this product for me

• Locked thread