Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diodeous
May 14, 2002

"My team is capable but I have not been." - The Notorious ZSB, following a loss to cletus42o.

Past Season Quotes

quote:

"Hell naw guys, internet football lives forever. At least until EA kills the servers for it anyway. " The Notorious ZSB

"The NFL is a boring, uninteresting product that only serves to amuse me because of gambling and fantasy football" - Lil Jon Galt

After a few successful seasons dominated by John Brown and the Bulldogs, AfterFather went HAM and won the SEC with an under-appreciated and scrappy Kentucky. We've had attrition over the past few years and the coach XP bug, so in the interest of getting it in, we're remixing to restart with the 2014/15 season. Let's try to get some new blood in here.

Here is the link to join our GroupMe chat https://groupme.com/join_group/9207880/xJ59te

Let's get it started, ROADDOGZ.

Our players (*indicates not on forums/find them on GroupMe):

East
Florida: Diodeous GT: BenedictWong
Tennessee: The Notorious ZSB GT: JDMTyte
South Carolina: John Brown GT: True Cryme
Georgia: Nick GT: Venom173*
Mizzou: AVAILABLE
Kentucky: AVAILABLE
Vanderbilt: Joe GT: Lzkilla 1*

West
Louisiana St: cletus42o GT: cletus42o
Alabama: AfterFather GT: BJtheRealist
Auburn: Texas A. Wreckus GT: QuikDrawQuincy
Texas A&M: J Crowe GT: JCrowe19*
Ole Miss: AVAILABLE
Miss St: AVAILABLE
Arkansas: GT: WeenisWrinkle04*

Team write-ups will come once we have an idea of how many users we will have

"Rules"
1) I don't care about CPU games, just get them done. You can restart as many times as you need to, but please don't restart games to pad the stats.

2) Difficulty: Heisman vs CPU, All American vs Users / 6 Minute Quarters / No Recruiting Boosters / Ice the Kicker is On / Homefield Advantage is On / Coaches Start at Level 1

3) You must create a coach for this dynasty. The SEC can be a little top-heavy with high quality coaches, so in the interest of persuading users to take a look at teams where the coach is the deficit, I'd like us all to start from the same place.

4) Like the ACC, no FCS games. Make schedule requests before the start of the season and I will try to accommodate them.

There is no wait-list and WE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN US.

Right now we are at PRE SEASON TASKS and we will advance at the latest by Friday, August 1st. Otherwise we will be attempting to maintain a 72 hour turnaround whenever possible. Please make schedule request ASAP
Here is the link to join our GroupMe chat https://groupme.com/join_group/9207880/xJ59te

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Omg this SCe squad is pretty weak lol. It'll take a couple seasons to reach GA/Miami status.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I am amped to see that we are gonna kick it off fresh here again. I love the quotes from me and the Capn. It'll also be interesting to test Heisman difficulty in CPU games.

Time to fire up the VOL NAVY Y'ALL.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Please, I beg of you. Leave the game speed at normal. The ACC feels like a loving arcade game (Blitz).

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I enjoy the zippier game play...Madden is too slow.

Also this Vols team will not be good this season I'm going to struggle to find 8 wins, but it will be quite good the next 2 or 3 years after this so time to play the "next year" card already.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Game speed is at normal and won't be altered

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Dio, do you want me to limit the invites to 4 people still? If I send a link to the thread, it's going to be a free-for-all with the credentials in the OP.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll remove the information and then you can send the thread and invites. I'll pm you the login info to share. Once you and Texas join up I'll leave 1 or 2 spots open to goons for a day or two

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I'll remove the information and then you can send the thread and invites. I'll pm you the login info to share. Once you and Texas join up I'll leave 1 or 2 spots open to goons for a day or two
Okay, cool. I'll send the info + link to this thread to a few people later today. Right now I'll just send it to 3 people and then if we still want to fill more, it probably wouldn't be a problem.

HAY anyone from GroupMe that I invite, please don't lose interest before we've gotten through 2 seasons if you can help it. You'll make me look bad!! :)

edit - Oh and Dio, no post-season wrap-up? Looks like the dynasty isn't available now for me to look at stats and do a write-up for you. (I'm sure doing it is a pain especially while trying to start up the new dynasty)

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 24, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I had to end the other dynasty to start this one so no big wrap up. Sorry about that guys. I'm more focused on getting going with this before we lose momentum

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 24, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

That run-game with Georgia was unreal lol. Gurley might have been a bit slower (94 SPD compared to Marshall's 99) but he was easily the better back. I really enjoyed the mobility of LeMay in that offense the most. I used to be a pocket passer but you guys have gotten good at rushing with the DL, and recruiting good Olinemen has been a pain. Therefore I've fully adopted the Russell Wilson run-and-gun style. He was the reason I gave Kancho some fits a few years ago, and I've slowly adopted that style ever since.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Here is a groupme for us
You're invited to my new group "NerdcityUSA" on GroupMe. https://groupme.com/join_group/9207880/xJ59te

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Updated previous post to reflect addition of new users. When we reach 10 or 11 users, I will artificially cap it for a couple of days to give goons the chance to take the last 1-2 spots.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Would you mind separating the teams by division so we can see the balance?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yes, I would mind

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Lol

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We ended up pretty balanced so far.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

So, I think this is going to be my plan for approaching the week: I'm going to hold spots open until Saturday night for goons that want them. If they don't take them, I'm letting cletus offer them to some more outside guys. Regardless of the outcome for that, we will go into Week 1 of the season on Monday night with an intended 72 hour advance schedule. User games are the ONLY exception that will make us stay longer. I am going to be cruel if you have CPU games and you don't have any contact with us to ask for more time. I have my final exam for my class going on from Monday night to Thursday night, so I may shift the schedule to give myself a bye week 1. I would like if we could start Week 1 earlier, but I don't have any way to incentivize people to join up and set up their boards other than making sexy talk at you, baby

I am going to be removing any FCS teams from your schedules and replacing them with better regional opponents or Notre Dame. I will attempt to replicate the schedules as close to how the 2014/15 season will actually look other than those changes. If you would like any different schedules so that you can target recruits or whatever then submit those requests now.

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 24, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Guys, please join up and set up your boards. Most of the non-goon guys are joined up and ready. There was discussion on GroupMe about possibly even moving this forward tomorrow night otherwise we have to wait til Friday to advance from Week 1 to Week 2

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Not sure if it shows but I'm r2a

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yo cletus, open up those other spots to non goons and let's get this rolling. We may very well start tonight if Texas A. Wreckus joins up today

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

Yo cletus, open up those other spots to non goons and let's get this rolling. We may very well start tonight if Texas A. Wreckus joins up today
Asking a few other people. Not sure if anyone is going to be around to join up today, but we'll see.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Moving this into week 1 today

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We are at Week 1.

BYE:
TAMU

CPU:
UF vs Oregon
Bama vs WVU
Vandy vs Ole Miss
UGA vs Zona
LSU vs TCU
UT vs Clemson
USCe vs UNC

Can we aim for a Weds or Thurs advance?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'll knock my game out right now. That sounds much more entertaining then putting together a nightstand from IKEA

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
LSU over TCU, 45-13.

Notable for this amazing new play I've designed, where the center just runs the ball himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV9dpuyFn80

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

From what I'm seeing in the GroupMe, it seems like 1/4 - 1/2 of us are done with games, so advancing by Weds is looking like the plan

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

FYI I have 2 major complaints, 1 of which you can address.

I HATE playing the CPU on Heisman because it straight up cheats. It is not fun playing the CPU on Heisman, so please for the love of god put it back on AA. I've played my game twice now and had the CPU cheese its way to a last second victory and it sucks. The game is just not fun on Heisman I don't know why you insist on asking for artifically "closer" CPU games. I would seriously consider quitting the dynasty if it stays on Heisman, I just do not enjoy playing the game on that setting.

The second is that the rosters appear to have been built by someone playing madden where 80 is basically an average team. The whole team feels like mud, and everyone's roster seems to be way way undervalued for how these games are built. Nothing to be done about this now, but whoever made these rosters really didn't build them correctly IMO. This I can live with, I can live with the normal game speed although I still prefer fast as well. I cannot live with the Heisman difficulty, game is straight up loving cheating.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
We're on Heisman? No wonder the CPU players were rocket boosting around the field and my QB was fumbling anytime someone breathed on him.

BTW I agree on the Rosters. Alabamas offense is better than its defense. I think the Offense is 90 Ovr and the defense is around 85. Plus it feels like my players are stuck in the mud.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AfterFather posted:

We're on Heisman? No wonder the CPU players were rocket boosting around the field and my QB was fumbling anytime someone breathed on him.

BTW I agree on the Rosters. Alabamas offense is better than its defense. I think the Offense is 90 Ovr and the defense is around 85. Plus it feels like my players are stuck in the mud.

Basically all of this, I'm not sure if you changed the relative game speed of players either to make it more dramatic (there is a slider for that), or what but for sure no one has burst on my team and SURPRISE Heisman CPU dudes do.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I am officially scared of Vanderbilt with a 28-0 win over CPU Ole Miss, 310 rushing yards, and no turnovers.

edit - Oh, and I just saw JB's score and total rushing yards.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 29, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I will shift it back down to AA. I agree about the roster and tried to make some changes to it but it didn't take

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

I am officially scared of Vanderbilt with a 28-0 win over CPU Ole Miss, 310 rushing yards, and no turnovers.

edit - Oh, and I just saw JB's score and total rushing yards.

Yea but before that I was facing DBs with rocket boots. I still threw 3 picks in the process also.

Diodeous posted:

I will shift it back down to AA. I agree about the roster and tried to make some changes to it but it didn't take

You are a failure in e-football life.

I hope I stick around look enough to see this team grow and reach it's potential.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Adjusting actual stats has to happen during the offseason more or less (although I think you can still change your teams stats). And yeah thanks man.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dio, might have found another person who will join up. Thought he was going to join last night but must have slipped his mind. If we can hold off on advancing until he joins and can get his game in, that'd be cool.

Anyone hear from Wreckus yet?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Adjusting actual stats has to happen during the offseason more or less (although I think you can still change your teams stats). And yeah thanks man.

IMO if we're even gonna consider adjusting stats then we should find another roster and start over while we're here in the beginning. It'll be difficult to do so (logically) once guys start progressing and what not.

I have no problem starting Week 1 over because it's only been once CPU game. Of course this is Dio's show though.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

If you guys find a better roster I will happily rerun preseason tasks and week 1. When I looked at the roster initially it seemed good, but upon reconsideration there are way too many attributes rated too low. The only players who seem to be consistently rated are HBs

We will not be advancing until at least tomorrow night if we keep this roster

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'm totally fine with that too. I'll ask the guys over on GroupMe - I know we're using an updated roster in one dynasty there.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

So, here are my thoughts:
- We will scale down to AA for cpu games.
- We will not do a full scale reboot. I will offer to wipe any users week 1 game if requested.
- These rosters have issues. I am now aware that I can alter rosters. I am offering everyone this option:
Choose 3 players you want edited and pick 5 points worth of stats for each player you want edited. Otherwise I will use those points to improve your QB and probably defensive players. So, if you have a QB you want upped, give me his name, the stats to be altered (5 points max per player) and I will make the roster edits. (ex: Driskel - THA +5)
I am not dead set on these point values but these appear to be a fair compromise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

That seems much more complicated than just restarting with better rosters, but meh.

I'll keep balling out regardless.

E: If we stick with these rosters then I'll pass on the addition of points and just deal with it.

• Locked thread