Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

7pm on Thursday it is.

Dio, you make for a pretty good connect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah, plan for that time. There's an issue where non goons can no longer see the thread, so I will communicate between the two forms best I can

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Vols stomp Northwestern 62-10, despite a 1st quarter that saw me turn the ball over 4 times. I'm going to struggle against anyone with a real defense. I also watched the CPU for the first time ever sit itself into a delay of game. Lined up and just sat there till it ticked down to 0.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hey Nick, Joe, Weenis, or JCrowe!

We're having a glitch with the CPU-controlled Oregon team in our B1G/PAC-12 league and could use some assistance. We'd like one of you to join the league as Oregon, switch their playbook back to Oregon under the "Coach Philosophy" page, and then quit the dynasty. The custom playbook they've been using has caused some serious glitches that has resulted in a simmed loss for Dio :(

Additionally, feel free to join us as another team in the B1G if you'd like, but Oregon would be off limits this season as they were only scheduled for one user game (which has already passed).

Could one of you help us out with this? If so I can shoot you an invite to that league.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

cletus or I will pass on your message to them through GroupMe. The forum is showing up as paywalled right now (I think there is a cap on the # of threads you can view per time period).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Hey JB I think Vandy is looking for you.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

Hey JB I think Vandy is looking for you.

We agreed on 9pm CT but I can hop on now.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

You said 7pm CST actually

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Oh drat I sure did! Super sorry about that.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

USCe over Vandy 38-21.

Late game heroics got Vandy a couple of TDs, but it was a lost cause at halftime. Not to mention Vandy sucks and got trampled by my HBs.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We have advanced.
UF vs UT
LSU vs Auburn

Ark vs RU
Vandy vs FSU
TAMU vs UCLA
Mizzou vs IU

BYE:
USCe
Bama
UGA

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Auburn can play whenever, prefer evenings on PST

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio Tuesday night is prb as soon as I'll have time to play our game. Where I will be mercilessly slaughtered by a capable defense.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Dubious posted:

Auburn can play whenever, prefer evenings on PST
You're Auburn, I'm LSU.

What time in the evening would you normally get on? Pacific is usually tough for me in the evenings since I'm in Eastern, but I can try a late night one of these upcoming nights.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

cletus42o posted:

You're Auburn, I'm LSU.

What time in the evening would you normally get on? Pacific is usually tough for me in the evenings since I'm in Eastern, but I can try a late night one of these upcoming nights.

Was speaking in the third person :v:

I get home at 5 pst every day so its up to you.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Dio Tuesday night is prb as soon as I'll have time to play our game. Where I will be mercilessly slaughtered by a capable defense.

Tuesday is no good for me. Maybe Wednesday, but Thursday is probably more realistic.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

Was speaking in the third person :v:

I get home at 5 pst every day so its up to you.
Are you around right now? I've got a game with you and one with AF in the Big10/Pac12, so I'm checking with both of you.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

cletus42o posted:

Are you around right now? I've got a game with you and one with AF in the Big10/Pac12, so I'm checking with both of you.

I won't be available tonight, it's a miserable scorcher in Seattle today so I'm hanging at the beach

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Tuesday is no good for me. Maybe Wednesday, but Thursday is probably more realistic.

Thursday will be fine no rush.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

cletus42o posted:

im working a bit late tomorrow and wont be home and actually free until about 7 pst. I'm fine with being handed an auto beatdown or a sim if we can't meet up, pst - est is a tough match.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

im working a bit late tomorrow and wont be home and actually free until about 7 pst. I'm fine with being handed an auto beatdown or a sim if we can't meet up, pst - est is a tough match.
I should be able to play late tonight - either 7pm or 8pm PST.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I will be around at 7 pst, so just look for me whenever you are free.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Accepted , no idea where my mic is. Im gonna get pummelled :v:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
LSU over Auburn 42-35 in a game that features zero defense. The only turnover was a hail mary int as the game ended.
Very good game.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

LSU over Auburn 42-35 in a game that features zero defense. The only turnover was a hail mary int as the game ended.
Very good game.
I'm going to give our defenses a pass in this game, we each had a player that went crazy on offense - and there weren't any mistakes by either offense. Really fun shoot-out.

Fournette rushed for 205 yards (long of 47) with 4 TD, and another TD through the air. Only other LSU TD was a KR TD near the end of the first half by WR Dural.

GG!

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Thursday will be fine no rush.

Can we start at like 9 or 930 est? I want to watch some of the Jags preseason game

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

cletus42o posted:

I'm going to give our defenses a pass in this game, we each had a player that went crazy on offense - and there weren't any mistakes by either offense. Really fun shoot-out.

GG!

After looking at the stats on the website, I agree. Never been in such an insane shootout in internet football that wasn't full of turnovers. Your HB was unstopppable, and my receivers got separation all night long.

Looking forward to rematches in the other dynasties.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Can we start at like 9 or 930 est? I want to watch some of the Jags preseason game

Should be possible, I know I can't ask you play much later than 10 ET, but maybe that late.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I really can't start tonight past 9:30 EST. I have surgery prep in the morning and have to be up by 6. If we can't do it tonight, I can find time this weekend.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I really can't start tonight past 9:30 EST. I have surgery prep in the morning and have to be up by 6. If we can't do it tonight, I can find time this weekend.

I'll try and be on at 9 ET, if I'm not on by 915 ET assume I got tied up and let's aim for the weekend.

e: Vols over Gators 38-35. I scored first and took a 2 TD lead into the half thanks to consecutive drive INTs to end the Gators half, but stalled badly after the half letting the game get tied going into the 4th which started with a half opening KO return for a TD. Vols scored quickly in the 4th, then the Gators answered right back leaving me with about 3 minutes left. I drained all of that time and kicked a FG after an offsides to stop the clock with 6 seconds left. The Gators miraculously completed a pass that would have put them in FG range, but time expired on the play. I managed the poo poo out of that clock to make sure I got the W.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 15, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

GG on your part, Z. I played sloppy and wasn't really all there and you were able to trounce me.

We are advancing soon. Will update with matchups

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

GG on your part, Z. I played sloppy and wasn't really all there and you were able to trounce me.

We are advancing soon. Will update with matchups

Trounce is a bit too strong, I barely held on and basically felt I had to play the clock to get the W. I could have scored with around 1 minute left and purposely took TFL to run the clock and force the use of your TOs. I wasn't really able to stop you in the 2nd half, if you'd been able to stop me one 1st down sooner I'm certain you would have won.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I kind of realized when you got possession with about 3 minutes left that you were going to win with a FG. I tried to stop you, but your play calling was pretty great that game on offense.

Matchups:
TAMU vs Ark
UGA vs LSU

UF vs UK
Bama vs Ole Miss
Vandy vs USM
Mizzou vs Ark St
UT vs ND
USCe vs OU

Aub BYE

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
LSU over UGA, 35-28.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

TAMU and Ark can't play til Weds at least, so look for a Friday advance

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We are still waiting on one last user game, but that should be happening tonight or tomorrow. I'll post here when we've updated. So far the pace has been alright, but obviously the thread has been a little dead since a lot of the talking is going on in GroupMe. If you guys don't want to bother with the app, you can access it from the web. It is just like IRC for the most part. I'd like if we can move a little quicker than a weekly advance, but hey, I'm thrilled we have so many active users and user games!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll be getting my game in tonight.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I'll be getting my game in tonight.
Looks like you didn't get it in, think we might be advancing tomorrow morning. Last user game is done now.

edit - Also, if anyone is crazy like me and likes to join a ton of dynasties, there's a new one starting over with the GroupMe guys (+ me and AF). At least one spot open, though you'd have to pick a Big10 team (not Purdue) or an American team (not UCF). Starting as coordinators. Season hasn't begun yet, but you'd have to sign up at GroupMe to take part. Let me know if anyone is interested.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 23, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I've been meaning to ask you cletus. Will those guys freak out if I drop 100+ points on the CPU and have a guy with 500+ yards rushing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Vandy finished their game, so it's just Tennessee left to play now.

AfterFather posted:

I've been meaning to ask you cletus. Will those guys freak out if I drop 100+ points on the CPU and have a guy with 500+ yards rushing?
As long as you don't have any restarts, I don't think it matters so much against the CPU. Just ask though, I don't know for sure! Worst case you might get told to tone it down?

• Locked thread