Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yeah man tomorrow night works, I am these Vols of ill repute. Anytime past 10CT is okay by me, wouldn't want to start any later than 1130CT.

Lets go for 6pst (8cst). My fiancee has book club Tuesdays so it's a good night for the Vols to blow out Auburn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Dubious posted:

Lets go for 6pst (8cst). My fiancee has book club Tuesdays so it's a good night for the Vols to blow out Auburn.

I think I should be able to make that work, but I may not be back in time cause I work late today. If not today would Wednesday work around that time?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious, didn't get home till just now and I need to do some chores and make dinner. If you can go later tonight great, if not what's your tomorrow look like?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dubious, didn't get home till just now and I need to do some chores and make dinner. If you can go later tonight great, if not what's your tomorrow look like?

Yea I didn't get home til later either, then played a really lovely madden game and turned off video games for the night. This year's Madden is excruciatingly frustrating if you are trying to rebuild a bad team.

Tonight's not really all that great, and I'm currently on AP, so if you want to play my CPU go for it; I don't really have a high level of attachment to this Auburn team. In fact, the only dynasty i particularly have lasting interest in is the Big 10, so if we're holding up the league beat my AP. I can't really play till Thursday.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We're still waiting on my game as well, Vandy has been MIA

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm basically MIA until Sunday so no worries. I may play it just in case, but if it gets to Sunday and Dio hasn't played yet he can wipe it and we can have a go at it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

I'm basically MIA until Sunday so no worries. I may play it just in case, but if it gets to Sunday and Dio hasn't played yet he can wipe it and we can have a go at it.

Can you play after the afternoon games Sunday?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

Can you play after the afternoon games Sunday?

That should be possible, maybe like 8 or 9 CT? Possibly earlier if you need to.

I started this game played, one snap and turned off my xbox but it was snowing in the game so that could be fun if that sticks in our try.

e: like 11 CT or is that too late
e2: clearly missed each other sorry man, at this point I don't even care if we take a sim, prb have time later tomorrow night (tuesday)

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 13, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I've been a bad steward to this game, but Dubious is currently set on AP if you guys can't get this game played. I want to advance and bring this back into life

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I've been a bad steward to this game, but Dubious is currently set on AP if you guys can't get this game played. I want to advance and bring this back into life

I can aim to play this later tonight or tomorrow morning and get it done so we can move on. NLT 11 am CT tomorrow.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I won't be able to advance this until about 5:30 pm EST tomorrow anyhow

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

I can aim to play this later tonight or tomorrow morning and get it done so we can move on. NLT 11 am CT tomorrow.
The countdown is on - better get that game in!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

The countdown is on - better get that game in!

Vols won 52-17, didn't really aim to run up the score, simmed the offense for Auburn entirely. Finally had a running game oddly enough. On pace to look good on paper, but still not be a threat to any of the top teams in the East.

Just had a couple really good big plays, then scored every time I got into the red zone I think. GOOD AT GAMES

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 16, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll advance this in a bit

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We have advanced. Lots of byes this week.

UF vs USCe
UGA vs AU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

We have advanced. Lots of byes this week.

UF vs USCe
UGA vs AU

Tomorrow night would be best. I'm leaving town this weekend.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

What time were you thinking?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

What time were you thinking?

At or after 6pm CT.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That sounds just about perfect

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

That sounds just about perfect

Actually, when's the latest you could play?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm supposed to go out tonight with some people, so if we can't start around 7 or 8 est, I'll have to reschedule to after you return

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I'm supposed to go out tonight with some people, so if we can't start around 7 or 8 est, I'll have to reschedule to after you return

Ok. Let's aim for that timeframe and I'll update you if anything changes.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Ready when you are Dio.

E: Another defense-optional nail-biter that resulted in a tough loss. My safety skills have clearly diminished as I gave up 2-3 TDs. My team had trouble tackling as Dreskel ran all over me in the first half.

Dio, we're still homies but that was a pretty cowardly 4th & 5 attempt on your own 36 with a tied game. Still - I had a chance to win or tie the game. That 2pt play always leaves a guy wide open, but the last time I tried it the slot WR dropped the ball. In this case the QB made a terrible pass to lose the game.

GG. I need Wreckus and Venom to play their game as it will determine whether or not I make it into the SECCG.

Florida over USCe 49-48

John Brown fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 18, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I think it's unfair to call it cowardly when I lose a lot of games by punting on that situation. If you'd made the stop, you have an easy win, but for me it basically ensured I would win. You knock the poo poo out of me all the time, let me bask in the glory of my win. Great game throughout. Was a ton of fun to play buddy

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Yea, cowardly was the wrong word to use but I was posting the recap in a hurry so my bad. I would've punted, but I guess that just means I need to start taking more chances (or call better defense lol). I seem to be the only one who's really big on not going for it on 4th downs as this has been a frustration for me in pretty much all the leagues. It's clearly me who's the problem then.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

With the way you usually play and ball hawk it, you're making a safe bet by punting. I know my defense is usually poo poo, so I get more aggressive in positions like that

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Is Georgia a goon? I've been away from my 360 but may be able to go today.

Provided fiancée doesn't watch 12 hours of Gilmore girls again...

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Dubious posted:

Is Georgia a goon? I've been away from my 360 but may be able to go today.

Provided fiancée doesn't watch 12 hours of Gilmore girls again...
No, he isn't a goon, he's in GroupMe. I just asked him when he can play - but I don't know if he's around to answer. I'll let you know. I'll tell him you might have time today.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dubious, Georgia is around today, so post when you think you can play and I'll hopefully be able to relay it in time.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm assuming this didn't get played, haven't had the opportunity to check

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Diodeous posted:

I'm assuming this didn't get played, haven't had the opportunity to check

no, it didn't

I'm gonna drop from here and just focus on the Big 10 dynasty; i have zero attachment to the Auburn team and getting a lil worn on internet football with the madden leagues and big10

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Alright, buddy, if you feel like you want to come back or switch teams you're always welcome.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Diodeous posted:

Alright, buddy, if you feel like you want to come back or switch teams you're always welcome.

Ill probably come back next season as a different school, just dialing back the internet football for a bit.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We are advanced.

UT vs Vandy

Ark vs Miss St
UGA vs UK
LSU vs TAMU
USCe vs ND
Mizzou vs Miss

BYE: UF

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll try and arrange this game with Vandy for Sunday.

e: My batteries are dead, I don't have anymore. I can't get more till later for a completely sensible reason. So whatever I'll take a sim I guess.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 26, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I want to advance this tonight or tomorrow night guys

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm R2A and my recruiting class isn't like IRL Tenn, so poor.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Probably can't get to my console til tomorrow morning to advance this, so look for us to move forward then

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#1 LSU falls to mighty #5 Arkansas, 41-20. It was 17-0 Arky at half, and I finally started to find a rhythm, but it was too little too late. Arky's OL is crazy good.

Interested to see where I drop to in the polls. If I can hang ahead of South Carolina on the strength of just having the 1 loss, I'll still have a shot at sneaking into the BCSCG with all of the CPU teams filling #2-#4 in the polls. (and #4 Florida State is going down this week to Florida) Fingers crossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Iirc #3 Nebraska falls to Iowa as well. This next advance should be fun.

• Locked thread