Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

open origin, redeem the code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS in there

its the 'ultimate collection' with all the expansions and the stupid ikea sets they tried to sell people

will be better than the sims 4 i guarantee it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Holy poo poo this actually works

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
anyone who posts ITT also admits that they have origin on their PC and should forfeit their "original gamer" tag

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Yeah this is some trick to make me install Origin isn't it? Well it still isn't going to happen, EA!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Sharmat posted:

anyone who posts ITT also admits that they have origin on their PC and should forfeit their "original gamer" tag

Origin is pretty bad but I need to make some people light themselves on fire and die in a pool real fast

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Alright, time to go drown some Sims in their pool! Something you won't get to do in Sims 4 :(

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Falsum posted:

Alright, time to go drown some Sims in their pool! Something you won't get to do in Sims 4 :(

did they seriously take that out?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Falsum posted:

Wait what why would they ever remove that feature

Soral
May 30, 2009

pools are not in sims 4. this is a serious post.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
EA has much to answer for

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

whats the point?

To drown them in obviously

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

I mean whats the point of playing the Sims if there are no pools

I hope you can still make them die in kitchen fires

Not that I'll be playing 4 since 2 and 3 are a thing; I never tried 3 but enjoyed 2

Soral
May 30, 2009

Widestancer posted:

I hope you can still make them die in kitchen fires

Not that I'll be playing 4 since 2 and 3 are a thing; I never tried 3 but enjoyed 2

the only things 3 does better than 2 is replacing the personality sliders with traits and the seamless towns. dont bother.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Soral posted:

the only things 3 does better than 2 is replacing the personality sliders with traits and the seamless towns. dont bother.

This thread saved me 20 bucks

Thanks thread

Also I'm Widestancer on Origin as well as Steam if anyone hasn't added me yet. I'm uncomplicated on gaming platforms save bizarre DS friend codes and poo poo

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 24, 2014

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
My sister would make two sims get married then kill one of them so the other would get the dead sims' money.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
What if I never had an original gamer tag?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

yeah let it be known that i am only endorsing the use of origin to get free games

never give ea money

they are done

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
fine, I'll come clean

I just said that because I'm jealous as heck of those tags

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Using Origin to get free games is pretty funny

Is this a limited time thing or has EA just lost it completely and somehow thinks this will make people want to buy Sims stuff from them after that last launch?

I already know the answer :negative:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
EA is pretty fascinating in that every release I see people predicting that "This time they've gone too far. EA will never see consumer money again" and every single time it still works out for them anyway

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

The Sharmat posted:

EA is pretty fascinating in that every release I see people predicting that "This time they've gone too far. EA will never see consumer money again" and every single time it still works out for them anyway

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

the sims 4 has fewer features than the sims 3 there are no babbys or pools lol

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
thanks for the game :mrgw:

also got a free copy of peggle :frog:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
No basements either, good luck making your irl analogue losers.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

"POST ITT TO BECOME A MEMBER OF MY IMP ZONE FAMILY"

:gas:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Well you see pools mean people will kill their Sims. Babies being in the game means some of the killed Sims will be babies. This leads to complications in distribution in the crucial European and Australian markets.

*smokes a wad of 100 dollar bills like a cigar*

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Btw ZDR have you checked QCS yet someone has a request for you there

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

poo poo what did I do now

lmbo look at his rap sheet

Sephuran
Nov 12, 2011

Son of a bitch, gold mine this thread immediately.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yeah I'm definitely making an origin account so I can redeem this. NOT.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i can't think of anything more og than free games. origin or not, a free game is a blessing

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I already had an origin acct because I like Mass Effect. since then I've gotten like 8 free games in various ways

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

4 free games, actually. Battlefield 1942, Dragon Age II, Titanfall, and now Sims 2 and Peggle. I also activated my bioware games that I had in steam because why the hell not. also I haven't actually played any of the free games except titanfall once

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

The Sharmat posted:

Well you see pools mean people will kill their Sims. Babies being in the game means some of the killed Sims will be babies. This leads to complications in distribution in the crucial European and Australian markets.

*smokes a wad of 100 dollar bills like a cigar*

I know that pools and babies aren't on the feature list because they're both a lot of work that needs to be spent elsewhere to be able to ship a game that supports infinite DLC, like a "pools" DLC and a "babies" one.

It's amazing how it looks exactly like what you said from out here, though. I think we're all simply expecting the worst from them by default now.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the best way to kill sims is by locking them in a house with no doors and setting it on fire

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Didn't you used to be able to build walls around a showering sim and drown them in there, or did I dream that up like some crazy psychopath?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I have an origin account since someone gave me a free code for mirrors edge so yeah.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

thanks for this btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"freakin' sweet lois"

• Locked thread