Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Recruiters / Temp agencies.

Sure, they help people find jobs. But they also suck up huge amounts of pay in exchange for this service. On top of this, they make it extremely easy for employers to get rid of people.

I think my favorite experience was when I was struggling to get by making $15 an hour and then found out the recruiter was getting $40 an hour for my services. Gee thanks. I never even saw your face and I don't even get vacation or sick pay or any benefit at all. gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
sounds like a good job when can i start

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

sounds like a good job when can i start

tomorrow but were gonna keep you on a two week contract subject to renewal so you can never make any long term plans and we can terminate you without even having to make eye contact

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I live near a manufacturing district in Tennessee where all the companies just cycle through the different staffing agencies in a regular pattern so they never have to hire any employees at a living wage ever. Periodically they'll just fire chunks of their work force that have been there the longest.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've heard that the companies that hire temps/contractors are able to write them off as business expenses because they aren't official employees. More corporate fucktitude.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

welcome to the republican party lol

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Suck it up, buttercup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

I've heard that the companies that hire temps/contractors are able to write them off as business expenses because they aren't official employees. More corporate fucktitude.

I'm pretty sure salaries for actual employees are expenses anyway.

• Locked thread