Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Trapped, the Jedi Knights and Masters seem to be outnumbered and out-gunned by the sly deceit of Count Duuku on the bug planet of Genosis. But suddenly, an army appears. Led by Jedi Master Yoda, an army of fully equipped Clone Troopers from the Cloners of Kamino appear and turn the tide of the war against the Droid Army of the separatists.

You are a Clone Trooper. One of the earliest clones, and put through the most rigours of training, and assigned to the elite ARC troopers, the Clone Army Special Forces. Your job is simple, support the Jedi in anything they ask, whether it be suicidal or stupid, you will fight. And Win.

Welcome to my Star Wars: Age of Rebellion: Clone Wars game. I am looking for a squad of 6 to help fight the battles between Episode 2: The Clone Wars, and Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. As you may have gathered from the images above, I am drawing this game heavily from the ARC troopers represented in Tartakovsky's version of Star Wars: Clone Wars, which I suggest you all watch if you have not already. This hand-drawn representation of the Star Wars battles of the clones is fantastic, and a must-see for any Star Wars fan.

You will play an ARC trooper, one of the Clone War's Commando squads, and we will have you participate in many of the famous battles from the movies and the TV shows throughout this game. This will be a heavily combat oriented game with medium levels of plot, and I intend to use an advanced squad level, which means you will star with more than the basic level 1 characters. See the character creation rules for more on this point.

Now, As you can expect, I require that thematically your character be a human. However, I will allow you to use other races stats and abilities as long as you can provide a good backstory in regards to gene splicing or other magic to allow the fabled human/wookiee crossover that you want. See the rules below.

Character Creation
1. Choose any race from EotE or AoR or any of the companion books. Please do not use any of the fan made content books as far as races.

2. If you did not choose human as your race, please use some sort of scientific trickery (gene splicing or whatever) to show that your clone is an above average member of the special forces unit. For example, maybe your Kamino doctor spliced your genes with a Wookiee to allow you to carry a big repeating blaster rifle, and you are of above average size and awfully hairy.

3. I intend to ignore all ranks in this game. Therefore choose any class from the AoR book. Certain classes from EotE will also be accepted if you can make it work in this highly militarized version of Star Wars. Remember you will all have equal rank in this game. This is not to mean you won't have a squad leader, but rather that all will have input in The Plan, rather than just one dude. The Squad Leader will be more like the Face of the group.

4. After you have made your Level 1 Character (with appropriate XP spent only on characteristics), Spend an additional 120 XP on Talents/Skills as Incremental Advancement in the game. This will be a high level game that shows the later stages of the Specialization Trees.

5. Other than the additional XP, all character generation is standard for AoR characters. There's no charge for initial gear, however don't go crazy and all get disrupter rifles or anything. It will be assigned to you. Instead post what type of weapon category you'd like, such as blaster pistol or rifle, etc. Feel free to take any Duty you feel necessary, I'm not planning on implementing that feature too much, but if you want to have something thats fine.

6. Please create two things for your character. A name/nickname and a short background saying something like "Adopted into the ARC troopers early, one of the first batch of clones. Spent a lot of time training/whatever. It can be all ARC trooperish, or whatever you want. If you'd like to add a picture, thats fine aa well.

I suggest using OggDude's Character Builder that will allow you to choose and create XPS or PDF files of your character. Then place them on Google Drive and link them in your character submissions. Please remember, this is going to be a combat heavy game, so don't expect me to be nice with the encounters. I will explain more about how I intend to run this game once picks are made and the game is started. Feel free to ask any questions.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Holy poo poo I am in!

Can we use my setup for a Jango Clone?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Posting for interest! Will make a character soon!

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
I'm interested in this, but I don't know much about AoR/EotE. Do you know how long you plan to keep recruitment open? I should be able to mostly figure it out, but it might take me a bit to get up to speed.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

RPZip posted:

I'm interested in this, but I don't know much about AoR/EotE. Do you know how long you plan to keep recruitment open? I should be able to mostly figure it out, but it might take me a bit to get up to speed.

Get in the IRC channel (check the main game discussion thread) and we can help you out.

Remember, ARC troopers all have the designation ARC-####!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

Holy poo poo I am in!

Can we use my setup for a Jango Clone?

You can use your setup for Jango Clones of you want, but I'm not restricting people to the human race. Just the clone appearance. So if someone put down Duros because they like the stat lineup, they can use a Duros, and even get the special abilities that comes with the Duros, but he'll still look like a small Jango Clone (and maybe he likes the color blue and really knows how to fly).

That make sense?

RPZip posted:

I'm not planning on ending it anytime soon. I world say a week, but I won't hold anyone to that time. I've also got some :siren: IDEAS :siren: to keep the game moving in a pbp format that I'll discuss once there's enough interest.

Like they said, jump in the IRC channel #sweote on synirc and we'll get questions answered. I am in there, but am not very active, so if I don't respond please post your question here in the thread or get one of the other guys to help you.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I am either looking at a sniper or a super-heavy (rocket launcher and poo poo).

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?
Definitely interested. I won't have access to my books until I get back home on Sunday. I'll get to work on a charcater then.

Edit - my initial thoughts are for a sneaky, recon-type guy.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Elendil004 posted:

I am either looking at a sniper or a super-heavy (rocket launcher and poo poo).

Or more like?

mongol posted:

Definitely interested. I won't have access to my books until I get back home on Sunday. I'll get to work on a character then.

That's fine, I'm not ending recruitment anytime soon, it'll be at least until the middle of next week, if not longer.

I'm also thinking about letting people drop in at any time, new additions to the squad like.

mongol posted:

Edit - my initial thoughts are for a sneaky, recon-type guy.

Sneaky guy huh?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yup, this looks awesome. I feel compelled to make a wheelman.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yup, this looks awesome. I feel compelled to make a wheelman.

Wheelman huh?

And you'll probably be driving this:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

By the way, I'm posting these pictures to give you guys ideas. Don't feel like you have to make your character to match them, I'll be happy to take whomever you want to submit.

Anybody who's been in one of my games knows I like to use a lot of images, so I went and collected the majority of shots from Clone Wars animated show with ARC troopers in them, and I'm just pulling these images from that album on imgur that you're free to examine as well.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

There were a few ARC troopers on the CGI show, too.

I'm gonna make a commander type, probably a squad leader. Think Rex.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
Sounds like fun, I'll be up for a close quarters type Arc Commando.

Edit - Do we get laminate armor or is that going with our standard credits cost?

Ramba Ral fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 24, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

There's no charge for initial gear, however don't go crazy and all get disrupter rifles or anything. It will be assigned to you. Instead post what type of weapon category you'd like, such as blaster pistol or rifle, etc.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I think I'm going to make three or four guys, and let mustache pick the best fit. I have so many clone options.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I hate you.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

You should disqualify multiple entries!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I think I'll force him to play all 4 characters at the same time instead. That seems more fitting.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mustache Ride posted:

I think I'll force him to play all 4 characters at the same time instead. That seems more fitting.

They're all one clone, he just has multiple personalities.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ok forget these idiots, new guy subbed below.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 26, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ARC-3899 "Twangs"

Imprint Background:
Early on in the cloning process, the Kaminoans decided to begin modifying the original Jango imprint to amplify those traits which would make a clone outstandingly exceptional, if not superhuman, at specific tasks. In this pursuit, they manufactured Imprint O-24, a clone series which was originally designed to excel at Black Ops sabotage missions, but would ultimately become a mainstay of all later clone foundings. Early forays into the process met with failure, and rumors began to spread of the cloning contract being lost to the Arkanians if a successful template was not produced. Rather than struggle against a possible undercut, the project lead instead decided to pursue "alternative resources" and contracted a team of rogue Arkanian geneticists to take a look at the imprint. Plumbing the depths of Arkania's impressive genetic records, the contractors stumbled upon a landmark find when they were able to reproduce millenia old Arkanian genetic manipulation techniques to produce an offshoot Imprint in the same way their own species was able to make an offshoot slave species to use as workers and soldiers... the missing key, after all these millenia, was an imprint as robust as Jango Fett's. The only side effect to the process was that each of the O-24 clones had bright blue eyes.

Service Record:
The first Imprint O-24 Squad to graduate from basic and move on to active duty was dubbed Omega Squad, in honor of their Imprint number. RC-3899 was the 6th and final member of this Squad, nicknamed "Twangs" by his brothers for being the only active duty trooper in the entirety of the Grand Army of the Republic to actually use a bow with explosive-tipped arrows in combat.

Omega Squad saw quite a bit of action. They were deployed to the Outer Rim and often dropped far behind enemy lines, making their way across rugged and unforgiving terrain to destroy command centers, gather deep intel, or outright execute Separatist commanders. It was on the final type of mission where things went horribly wrong, and Omega Squad came to be referred to in the past tense.

While involved in a pitched battle on Concord Dawn with Separatist droid forces led by a new, unknown commander, Omega Squad was deployed behind enemy lines on the far side of the planet and tasked with finding this mystery commander and bringing an end to the weeks of losing battles as the Separatists were slowly, but surely, winning. Traveling on foot for days, they finally came upon the Separatist HQ. Under cover of night they scaled a a sheer cliff face and infiltrated the camp, sneaking into the command facility to execute the final blow, only to be met by a four armed battle droid wielding multiple lightsabers and capable of a level of savagery unheard of amongst the Separatist droid forces. All of Omega Squad was lost, save Twangs, who managed to escape the final killing blow from the Separatist commander and make a break for it, triggering baradium charges scattered around the base and completely disabling the Droid army for a few hours in his escape, more than enough time for his clone brethren back on the front to turn the tide and begin driving the Separatists off the planet.

It wasn't until almost a week later that Twangs was recovered by a Republic reconnaissance ship making a sweep of the now mostly recovered Separatist territory... he was alone but alive, slowly making his way back to base with his prized helmet cam recording which would go on to reveal the identity of General Grievous to the Grand Army of the Republic, ultimately earning him his ARC designation.

Weapons Preference:
Corellian Compound Bow with a quiver of explosive-tipped arrows.
Grenades, all of them.
Explosive charges, all of them.
DC-17m Blaster Rifle.

Armor Preference:
Phase II ARC trooper armor with Adverse Environmental Gear and Thermal Shielding.

Equipment Preference:
Helmet visor Enhanced Combat Optical Suite.
Mark-10 Demolitions Scanner.
Climbing Gear.
Electronic and physical lockpicks.
Hardened Commlink, usable for triggering explosives.
Backup survival rations.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 3, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Now that's a character, unlike the Three Stooges in the post above yours.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Mustache Ride posted:

Now that's a character, unlike the Three Stooges in the post above yours.

Totally naming them Moe, Larry, and Curly, now.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
There are few things I love more than clone troopers. Could someone direct me towards this game discussion thread or IRC channel? I can't seem to find it, but I'll try to put together a sniper of some sort.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
EDIT: Working on the sheet.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 25, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Whycalibur posted:

There are few things I love more than clone troopers. Could someone direct me towards this game discussion thread or IRC channel? I can't seem to find it, but I'll try to put together a sniper of some sort.

The game thread is here, and you can join us in IRC at #sweote on irc.synirc.net

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Looks fun. I wanna try a saboteur or gadgeteer. Some sort of tech support/explosives type.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"

Ghest doesn't really feel like he deserves to be here. He covers that up by acting as arrogant and entitled as he can, of course.

ARC-3267 was designed as part of a series of gene splicing experiments trying to create the perfect amphibious trooper. The scientists were instructed to grow a trooper who would be equally effective on land and under the sea, as there was unrest on Mon Calamari, and plenty of other aquatic worlds needed guarding-- or conquering.

The Kaminoans attempted five combinations using the genes available. First, naturally, they created a Mon Calamari splice. RC-3263 was a wizard underwater, but a clumsy flop on land. Also his hands weren't very good at holding guns and he smelled.

Next, they spliced in some Nautolan, figuring that if it was good enough for Kit Fisto it would be good enough for a clone. Unfortunately, RC-3264 had a few hearts too many for a mostly human body and couldn't handle the excess sensory information coming in from his tendrils. He went quite mad and had to be put down. Also his giant eyes were creepy.

Third, they attempted a Shawda Ubb splice. Shockingly, a fat, slow trooper with no depth perception was not very effective in any situation. RC-3265 ended up working in logistics, where he fared quite well, so long as he didn't have to move very far or catch anything.

Their penultimate experiment, splicing in genes from those dirty neutral Selkath, went well enough until RC-3266 poisoned himself with his poisoned claws in the bathroom. No one talks about RC-3266 much.

Finally, out of options and desperate, the Kaminoans turned to the least popular amphibious species in the galaxy: the Gungan Otolla subspecies. They seemed capable enough underwater and they had blown up all those battle droids on Naboo somehow, so maybe it would be okay?

RC-3267 turned out okay. He was fairly well-adjusted, didn't have any poisonous appendages or extraneous organs, and only had a big nose and a long tongue to give away his dual heritage. On top of that, he was an excellent swimmer-- just like the Otolla-- and was quite limber and effective on land as well. Astoundingly, he was a success. RC-3267 was attached to a SCUBA trooper unit and deployed to Mon Calamari.

During the battle, nearly all of the SCUBA troopers were ripped apart by some kind of shark alien the Kaminoans probably wished they'd used instead of a Gungan, but RC-3267 survived by hiding in the silt at the bottom of the ocean. A tactical move and not at all a complete accident, naturally. This conveniently left him behind enemy tides, giving him the opportunity to severely inconvenience the Quarrens by disrupting the arrival of more Manta Droid reinforcements. He accomplished this by shooting out the propellers of the leading droids, causing a bit of a pile-up and slowing them down. This contributed to giving the main force (and Kit Fisto) enough time to turn the battle in the Republic's favour. Troopers who witnessed RC-3267 rising from the muck and silt to precisely dispatch the predatory droids noted that he "looked like a blasted Ghest down there," and so he earned his nickname.

At the same time, he earned a promotion to the ARC troopers, because they needed a water guy and this one seemed as good as any. Every team needs a water guy.

Weapons Preference: Long-range blaster rifle, some kind of a harpoon gun or underwater-capable projectile rifle.
Armor Preference: Phase II ARC Trooper armor with SCUBA modifications, some kind of marine thing
Equipment Preference: Helmet visor with multiple vision modes (zoom preferable, and something for underwater-- infrared?)

Added gear to the sheet and changed some skills around a bit-- got too invested in one role.

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 3, 2014

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung

ARC-1987 "Scar"

Despite the uniformity of the Clone Troopers, there were always experiements done to attempt to either improve certain traits or give them capabilities found lacking. Scar had neither. He was a baseline Clone Trooper whose purpose was to be a control in these experiments. The other clones were spliced with various alien races deemed to be fit for close quarters combat unlike Scar. The tests usually involved with boarding enemy starships or installations. The testers noticed that Scar would tend to abandon his rifle in favor of a carbine, or if one was not present. He would make a battlefield modification such as cutting off the stock to gain any advantage a smaller weapon could bring in narrow corridors. He also developed a confrontational personality to compensate for his inherent disadvantage with his peers. His melee capabilities would be ignored until later.

When Telos joined with the Separatists during the Clone Wars, he and his squad were responsible for boarding a dreadnought orbiting the planet. Fierce fighting followed. The smell of ionized flesh permeated in the air. Telosian militiamen were forced to fight with the Separatists in order to gain their independence. They were not as combat capable as the clones but were fighting for their homes. They gave a hell of a fight in that ship.

Scar's carbine would jam and he resorted to close quarters combat with his melee weapon. He charged the enemy lines slicing droid and militiamen apart. Some of the enemy combatants would try to surrender but unless order by his superior. He would take no prisoners. As the ship was finally taken, the last ones standing were the clone troopers and Scar in the lead. His helmet long broken, he was covering his right eye as that bleeding badly. He ultimately proved himself equal to his peers that were spliced together.

Later on, when High Command sought clones capable of close quarters combat, they attempted to find those from Scar's experimental group he was paired with. They realized that they were all K.I.A in the following battles and that the only one that has survived was Scar himself.

Weapons Preference: Blaster carbine, vibrosword
Armor Preference: Laminate armor
Equipment Preference: Helmet visor with multiple vision modes, eyepatch.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

-----Begin Republic Service Record-----
[DATE REDACTED] - BATCH 1900 STARTED GESTATED
[DATE REDACTED] - Battle of Geonosis. RC-1984's unit was heavily engaged with large number of Advanced Battle Droids. RC-1984, recognizing the Droids were out of control range from the main master control unit, and under the control of a secondary control unit, took decisive action. RC-1984, unable to take a shot from the topside of his unit's AT-OT, hanging from the underside of his unit's AT-OT due to withering enemy fire, managed to maneuver to the underside of the AT-OT. Lining up a 750 Meter shot, through the moving legs of the AT-OT, RC-1984 successfully detonated the Aux Power Unit on the Secondary Droid Control Unit, rendering the enemy Advanced Battle Droids useless.
[DATE REDACTED] - Battle of Argul - RC-1984 pulled from regular unit to provide overwatch for General Yoda's reinforcements as they landed. RC-1984's actions in securing a suitable Landing Zone, and providing sniper fire was instrumental in keeping Drogen Hosh's forces pinned down. This allowed General Yoda to establish a suitable beachhead from which the tide of battle turned. RC-1984 has colloquially been called "Lockdown" for his actions at Argul.
[DATE REDACTED] - Designated ARC-1984.
[DATE REDACTED] - Battle of Brentaal IV - ARC-1984, during the Battle of Brentaal IV, upon realizing that the Confederate Fortress was in fact a Prison, suggested to Master Shaak Ti that the prisoners might be able to supplement Republic forces. This quick thinking blossomed the number of capable fighters under Republic control.
[DATE REDACTED] - Battle of Lorshan Pass - ARC-1984 again proved his ability to quickly develop asymmetrical warfare. While assigned to a task force under Jedi Master Mace Windu, ARC-1984's was brought in to liaison with the guerrillas. Recognizing that the guerrillas were in great supply, and very untrained, ARC-1984 utilized them aggressively as feinting elements. Though the Guerilla's suffered heavy casualties, the battle was won, and the Republic to dealt a humiliating defeat to the Balawai militia.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 26, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I tweaked my previous character post. It's now finalized.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Okay, we've got 4 good submissions. I'll keep the thread open until Wednesday or Thursday of next week, please feel free to continue subbing characters, I'll take all I can get.

If you need help coming up with a character design, background story, or even a nickname, jump into IRC and we'll help.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Made a few small changes to Ghest's character sheet.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Let me know how this looks, particularly the character sheet.

ARC-4104 "Haven"

ARC-4104 was never intended for special operations. Like all clone pilots trooper CT-5/4104 was randomly selected out of his batch for pilot training, and after a decade of intense training he found himself at the helm of a transport ship performing supply runs. Logistics support is one of the few clone occupational specialties where old age is the primary source of mortality, and while 4104 followed orders without hesitation deep inside he couldn't help but resent his station. He was constantly reminded of his essentially non-combatant status. The worst was on transport missions where his pristine and unadorned armor provided a sharp contrast to the battered and customized suits the clones in the passenger compartment often wore. His service record was flawless, with not a single delay or inconsistency noted on thousands of hours of flight logs. As a result of his efforts 4104 achieved the rank of Lieutenant. This only furthered his shame when lower ranked combat veterans found themselves forced to salute him.

His fate changed while providing a supply run to the victorious forces in the city of Harnaidan at the end of the Battle of Muunilinst. When General Kenobi learned of the stranded Jedi on Hypori, the response team was assembled from the best available units. The elite ARC Commandos who had been essential in the capture of key InterGalactic Banking Clan officials were tasked with a rescue, but they had lost their LAAT as well as their pilot. The LAAT could easily be replaced by a ceremonial one that had painted in Mandalorian livery to boost the morale of the troops. 4104, by virtue of his rank, was selected to fly it.

4104's actions are well documented that day. He flew the LAAT in dangerously low, clipping B2 battle droids while the assault team seeded command initiated explosive charges amongst the droid mass. While the ARC team performed the rescue, 4104 maneuvered the LAAT inside impossibly tight quarters before engaging the droid mass with blaster fire. When Grievous ambushed the ARC team, it was 4104's counter-attack with the gunship's main weapons that drove him back. His actions that day proved sufficiently meritorious that 4104 was immediately reassigned to ARC status upon returning to General Kenobi.

The return flight is also how 4104 gained his nickname. As the rescue team and Jedi settled in, Master Mundi thanked him for providing them with "safe haven" against the droid onslaught. Touched by the Jedi's action, 4104 decided to start calling himself "Haven" out of respect.

Haven remains immensely grateful for the opportunity to prove himself. He is particularly loyal to the Jedi, especially General Kenobi and Master Mundio, who he feels facilitated the circumstances necessary to free him from the drudgery of logistics work. His personality is a balance of calm, cold professionalism in flight merged with an unbridled happiness at his new station. He truly loves his work, and strives to be perfect in what he does. He has no tolerance for those who would disparage the Jedi that gave him this chance.

Weapon: Blaster Pistol, Maybe a DN Plasma Disruptor if you can find stats for it?
Armor: Phase 2 Enclosed Laminate Armor (I guess an armored flight suit? Laminate armor with vacuum sealing only lasts for 10 minutes, so I'm not sure what's better here)
Gear: CAAF-2 Avionics Interface if you're feeling generous, crash survival kit, extra reload, tool kit, load bearing gear, anti-grav chute

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 26, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Let me know how this looks, particularly the character sheet.

Kickass backstory, but in trying to figure out how you got your stats to what they are, I can't figure it out. It seems like you used some of your 120 bonus exp to improve your attributes, which you can't actually do in this system. The starting exp and whatever bonus exp you take from Duty and Obligation is all you can use for starting attributes. The 120 that Mustache is giving us can only be used on Skills, Talents, or extra Specializations.

Also Disruptors are bullshit weapons, and hopefully Mustache doesn't allow them in this game because their stats are so broken.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fuzz posted:

Kickass backstory, but in trying to figure out how you got your stats to what they are, I can't figure it out. It seems like you used some of your 120 bonus exp to improve your attributes, which you can't actually do in this system. The starting exp and whatever bonus exp you take from Duty and Obligation is all you can use for starting attributes. The 120 that Mustache is giving us can only be used on Skills, Talents, or extra Specializations.

Started with the Sullustan race, got +10 XP from duty for 110XP. 40XP to get to INT 4, 70XP to get to AGI 4. Then I went straight down the right side of the Ace talent for Dedication, getting AGI 5.

The remaining XP was spent on Cool (5), Mechanics (15), and then 25 XP on Full Throttle (5), Grit (10), and Skilled Jockey (10). Part of me is wondering if those talent purchases are best spent elsewhere. Full throttle looks like it won't be terribly useful to me since my cunning is so low, and spending some points increasing Cool or getting Rapid Reaction might not be a bad idea. Then again it looks like a lot of really solid talents are hidden behind the left column.

quote:

Also Disruptors are bullshit weapons, and hopefully Mustache doesn't allow them in this game because their stats are so broken.

It's a different weapon, and one there might not be stats for. Phase disruptors are apparently some kind of electrical weapon, but it looks like it was only really talked about in Star Wars: Battlefront so it's not terribly important.

EDIT: Fuzz helped me with some ideas about expanding the guy beyond super pilot. Here's an alternative sheet that might work better.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 26, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Cool, everything looks good guys. Submissions have quieted down, but I like what everyone has submitted so far.

If anybody else wants to join, get your guys in before Wednesday night, I'll put the game thread up then.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Still needs a bit of work, so bear with me
ARC-4325 "Stims"

A proposal amongst the Kaminoans during an early stage of the cloning process was the inclusion of gene splicing to various batches of soldiers that the republic had demanded they needed for the oncoming war. Various ideas were proposed, from gun-totting gungans to the ilusive clawdite infiltrator, and eventually the idea of a trooper with whom the locals and soldiers could require empathy to help do their job. A short list of various available races where given, until a group noted that the fairer sex amongst the humans were known for their compassion and benevolence. As such a special 5 woman team was created for an experimental run to Dantooine, consisting of a leader, support, medic, demolition, and intel.

ARC-4325 was created to be the ultimate medic, her facial features were softened to give a more gentle glow, and her voice was changed to be smoothing to most that hear it. But it was her incredible intelligence and capability that she was known for. After the Dantooine mission, when the five were assigned different squads, she earned the name 'Stims' from her incredible improvisation of various stim pack fomulas to better treat her fellow soldier. In all field missions, she is required to act as an example to her fellow sisters, and to report back all activities to her commanders and the scientists that created her.

Requested Equipment:

Weapon: Vibroknife, Blaster rifle (Weapon sling)
Armour: Laminate Armour
Gear: Comlink, CAPC ECM-598 Medical Backpack, Stimpacks (5), Also, would like a Dart gun to shoot stimpacks at other soldiers without having to get close.

Druggeddwarf fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
ARC-4190 "Firebeacon"

By the second week of the battle of Ardnoa, Republic leadership was ready to stop calling it a siege and start calling it a disaster. A division of troopers had landed and seized the planet’s capital city and, more importantly, the subterranean Lutetium vein below when Separatists surprised the GAR fleet with a massive counter attack from a neighboring system. Republic troopers were cut off and under siege for over a month before GAR fleet could muster the forces to retake the skies above Ardnoa. Over the course of the siege the capital was reduced to rubble but for all their numbers the droid army couldn’t push the Republic troopers out.

ARC-4190 and most of Viper Company survived the initial attacks that brought down the city’s outer structures. The scattered Troopers quickly connected and dug in to the environment, scavenging supplies left after the civilians had evacuated. Trained in squad support weapons, 4190 had to relearn how to fight a guerrilla war. Portable artillery was stowed or abandoned and repeaters were stripped down for speed. Rather serving as a fixed point of fire, 4190 focused on mobility and aggression. Viper Company started to see their battles more like safaris, setting out into the dense urban environment to destroy the bigger and bigger combat droids being committed to the siege. As their numbers dwindled, morale suffered and collective sentiment was that the Republic had abandoned the remaining troopers. 4190 felt otherwise, however, as fewer men made every battle a bigger challenge and if he was going to die he wanted to make sure it was against the worst the Separatists could throw at him.

Eventually the troopers simply didn’t have the man power to halt the droid advance. There were no more than a few dozen troopers left when the droids began a massive ground invasion of the city ruins. Most troopers were cut off from each other, spread out either scavenging or holding strategic locations and the droids overwhelmed them one-by-one. As the main droid column passed by 4190’s blind, the comms were suddenly flooded with Republic signals. The fleet had arrived and was once again in orbital control, but the Jedi Master with them wouldn’t begin bombardment without a firebeacon to avoid hitting friendly troops. Without hesitating, 4190 opened his commlink to all channels,

“The droid army is currently at my immediate location. Target on my signal! Repeat, if you are hearing this transmission, I am your Firebeacon!” Hearing his outburst, droids collapsed the building he was in, inadvertently opening a Lutetium deposit below. 4190 fell 40ft and rolled down a mine shaft before blacking out.

Out of 15,000 GAR troopers, only 40 survived the Battle of Ardnoa. 4190 came to in bacta recovery 3 days after the orbital bombardment and found his comrades now calling him “Firebeacon”. With his Division effectively wiped out and finding himself unable to adjust to R&R, 4190 requested immediate redeployment, preferably to a front where the fighting was at its worst.

Requested Equipment
Weapon: Something Big, and Custom
Armor: Standard ARC laminate
Equipment: Commlink, Extra ammo, Pack, etc.

• Locked thread