Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Why the gently caress did you redirect the droids straight at us? :argh:

I had assumed you meant the southern power station that's attached to the base, not the volcano one that we're at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I believe it was the result of a failure/threat combination. you'll be fine, lure them into the explosions.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Are load lifters, for lack of a better term sentient ? In other words if they see us will they react poorly ?

I also thought the ship was waiting for our go ahead in case we could do this more covertly . If we tell them to begin their landing how long until they are affected by the shields we haven't yet taken down?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

They are not sentient, at least not in the same way Battle Droids are. They follow orders to the letter.

Their order right now are to move to the shuttle and pick up cargo, once they see that there is no cargo to collect, they'll probably report that and then you'll be in trouble.

And yes, the ship is waiting for your go ahead. I'm just attempting to remind you of why you're here.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
I got yer coordination right here

Didn't add difficulty dice last time for the Coordination check, would that be 2 Difficulty dice I should add?

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 19, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How much detonite should we need to use on the door?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I don't remember how much you brought with you, so lets just say...

All of it.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

A breaching charge should be small, save the rest for blowing the whole shield generator if we aren't able to do it with manually.

I'd honestly just destiny-magic up a "Breaching Charge" something that simply gets set on a door and opens it. This whole exercise was mainly thematic and cinematic rather than a roadblock Mustache Ride threw at us.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I guess I should post this rant in here too, although you guys kind of get most of this already.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Thanks for that. It gives me a good sense of what you're expecting, and something I can really work with.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

No problem.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'm confused, is it the second round and I can shoot again our are we waiting for druggeddwarf?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'll give it another day before advancing on.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
The description for the burning gel says it doesn't need a skill check unless the GM wants one to make sure the placement is correct-- it's Mechanics if you want to do that.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
So, who is in favor of just killing everything quickly so that those cannons don't fire when our relief arrives?

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
I'm down for that!

(Also, I'm FINALLY offically back on the internet again. Never leaving again, and will jump in after this combat ends)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Just jump in now aren't you already with us in the shield gen room?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yes he she is, and you can feel free to jump in. Ladyclones always accepted.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

ARC-9874 "Boomer"

Imprint Background
As the Kaminoans tinkered with Jango Fett's genetic code, they tweaked it in various ways to create specific types of clone. Commander type clones like Cody and Rex, pilots, commandos, even the vanishingly rare and dangerous O-24 type blackops clone. Among these were the Imprint EOD-series, a batch of clones designed to withstand the mental and physical rigors of working with explosives. Distributed throughout the GAR as sappers, saboteurs, combat engineers, and demolitions technicians, the EOD-series quickly impressed their superiors with their steady nerves and keen eye for detail. Most are extremely level-headed and no-nonsense, but a few suffer from a regressive string somewhere in their genetic code that causes them to be loud, brash, foolhardy risk takers as opposed to serious minded technicians. These regressives are called “Mad Bombers” by their steadier series mates, and are largely looked down upon as a danger to themselves and others.

Service Record
EOD-9874 was decanted at Tipoca City, Kamino in 3618ATC, part of the EOD-series explosives technician imprint. After basic training and indoc, 9874 was assigned to the 3rd Company, 1st Combat Engineering Batallion, 38th Armored Division as an EOD technician. He served as a minesweeper and EOD tech with the 3rd Company for a few tours, honing his skills with explosives and displaying a knack for sabotage and trap making. During the Battle of Geonosis he distinguished himself by laying an extremely cunning ambush for a mixed unit of battle droids and Geonosians, and was awarded commendations for courage under fire and service above and beyond the call of duty to the Republic.

After Geonosis, upon attaining the rank of 1st Sgt, 9874, now known as Boomer to his squadmates, requested and was granted a transfer to the 22nd Light Infantry Division, 1st Sappers Company. During his tenure with the 1st Sappers, Boomer served as a sapper and saboteur, destroying countless credits worth of Confederate Systems war materiel. He gained a reputation as a reliable, cunning, and gifted demolitions tech, and was assigned a small squad of sappers to command. Boomer and his squad were sent on an series of hazardous sabotage missions, each more dangerous than the last. Due to his actions as commander of this squad, his superiors put his name forward as a candidate for transfer to an ARC unit. This request was granted by the GAR leadership, and EOD-9874 was re-designated ARC-9874 and transferred immediately for ARC training.

Boomer has only just begun his career as an ARC trooper. Unfortunately, the stress of constant deployments and highly-dangerous missions behind enemy lines is taking its toll on him. 9874 seems to be in the initial stages of becoming a Mad Bomber, and his behavior is becoming more and more erratic. On a recent mission, he lost two fingers on his left hand to an explosive device he constructed. While the mission was wildly successful, the risks he took to achieve his goal and the nature of his wound have given his superiors some cause for alarm.

Weapons Preference:
DC-15S Blaster Carbine with Czerka Thumper under-barrel grenade launcher.
Grenades
Demolitions Charges
Improvised Explosives

Armor Preference:
Phase II Arc Trooper Armor with Enhanced Optics Suite and Integrated Scanner

Gear Preference:
Hardened Comlink
Mark-10 Demolitions Scanner
Datapad
Demolitions Kit
Explosive Compounds
Load Bearing Gear
Tool Kit
Utility Belt
Glow Rod
Fusion Cutter
GAR Field Manual FM-5-31 (Booby Traps)
Electro Binoculars

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 29, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

We already have an explosives guy.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

There's always more room for every spec. I'm okay with doubling up, I mean we have 2 :page2sniper:s already.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Clearly we need more water guys.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Or a desert guy. Or a dessert guy.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'm travelling today. Posting will be slow and probably once a day until next weekend.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So should me and keyser just wrap this up or can someone else help

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Beer is still posting. Once he posts feel free.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Sorry, weekend stuff.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Lets get everybody on the Volcano team to post and I'll get a big post up. Hopefully we can get this planet wrapped up by next weekend then.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Hey Mustache, when can I get in on this action?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Next major post, you'll be in.

As soon as Fuzz and Whycalibur check in and kill this droideka.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

\0/

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'll update my games tonight

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
I suggest we stay and fight, but I'm up for going to the next impossible mission that only our expertise can fulfill.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'm all for popping toasters with my rifle but that's rather redundant, up for either.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

So whats it going to be, guys? CroatianAlzheimers just got here, I'm sure he'd like to get some combat in, but it'll probably just be a slug fest.

Up to yall, I'm down for whatever.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
It might be wiser to just fight our way back to the shuttle and GTFO; the cavalry's here and our job is done.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Here are the mass combat rules in case anyone wanted to see them:

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Yeah I think we'd be professional enough to bug out once the mission is accomplished. So many robots to shoot, so little time.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Cool, if y'all will post a "we're bugging out" post I'll continue on and dole out XP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Proposal: take three ARC-170's, fly fast as poo poo at the ship, blow a hole in the ship in three places where we need to enter, enter the ship, save the day. MAYBE use the hangar but limpeting on sound more fun.

• Locked thread