Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Just over half of Americans now snack three or more times a day, according to 2010 government data, up from about 20 percent in the 1990s. ”Whether the product is a snack food, a main meal food, or if it comes from a foodservice operator, the opportunity [for marketers] is that consumers are eating more often throughout the day,” says Darren Seifer, a food and beverage industry analyst at NPD.

Pepsi’s diet beverages haven’t been picked up by the general push toward healthier consumption. “We continue to see declines in diet,” said Nooyi, ”and this is something that seems to continue.”

that comes from a story on pepsi's earnings call today. also released this week is a study from the CDC.

The report released by the CDC said that around one-third of the adult population in the US is facing obesity. The number of obese children has also doubled in the US in the last three decades.

The study showed that around 30 percent of children and teens did not group themselves correctly in the right weight status. Close to 81 percent of overweight boys and 71 percent of overweight girls said that they have normal weight as per their age and height.

it seems they don't know they are fat. what can be done about this? we should try get them in shape.

do you have any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
tl;dr and im not a fan of your artistic style

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
If Americans are fat for snacking then what is Mexico and Englands excuse?

edit: whats worse, Americans getting fat on American snacks or England getting fat on American snacks?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

no idea, man. sorry

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

pleasurekevin

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
why are americans always stuffing their face with chips, pop, candy bars?

Because they taste good.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I am so depressed.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anime Device posted:

I am so depressed.

I'll fix you something nice, a cupcake

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
as an american i stuff my afce with chips, pop, candy bars, m all the time and am obese, almost morbidly so. that's why i use Lubiderm, a doctor recommended suppository that helps fight against hunger. after you insert Lubiderm into the rectum, it begins to dissolve and travel up the colon through the intestines and into the stomach, where it releases a natural hormone that tells your brain that it is full. common side effects may include nausea, vomiting, and feelings of hunger and mild depression. if you experience severe chest pain stop taking Lubiderm and get help right away. do not take Lubiderm with heart medication or while using a pacemaker as this may cause severe fibrillation. do not take Lubiderm if you are nursing, pregnant, or may become pregnant. if you have suicidal thoughts stop taking Lubiderm and consult a physician immediately. Lubiderm. for my body.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

All of those things are delicious OP

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Because their rear end is too busy talking about guns.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just feel like I really need some lubriderm

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
op post a pic of urself to prove your not a self jhating fat

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

They subconsciously know that they are a cancer and are driven to self destruct.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ilikedirt posted:

op post a pic of urself to prove your not a self jhating fat

great suggestion. let's get the whole forum to do it, and everyone gets probation outside this thread till they do. if they are too fat, they gotta promise to eat healthier first.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

It's basically their entire culture. Other places in the world have a rich and diverse history that has shaped their lifestyles. America just has fast food and walmart. It's all they know.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That poo poo is bananas.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rasmussen posted:

It's basically their entire culture. Other places in the world have a rich and diverse history that has shaped their lifestyles. America just has fast food and walmart. It's all they know.

it's a simple, but good life

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
our culture is quite diverse, for example we have target for those too snooty for walmart and whole foods and trader joe's for those too snooty for target

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
Its 4am And im eating green beans. IM such a horrible monster :(

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EbolaIvory posted:

Its 4am And im eating green beans. IM such a horrible monster :(

well you are the first one to mention vegetables, but we still need someone to say cookies taste bad

naem
May 29, 2011

Green beans sound awesome right now

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
store-bought cookies taste bad but my mom's homemade ones are the best and i stuff my fat circular face with them all day

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

naem posted:

Green beans sound awesome right now

They were really loving good.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Noted American Jeff Grassman of TV's Gigantic Bomb said that if he was a boxer, he'd probably be in the middleweight class.

Ummmmmmmm........

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

because they're fat, OP, and that's what fat people do

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

eating lovely food for a while makes you appreciate real food and actual cooking. like holy poo poo junk food is so bad. i would go insane if i had to eat that exclusively

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

they're designed to be addictively delicious and also serve as a culturally-approved means of self-medication for an otherwise meaningless wage slave existence

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
why are brits always stuffing their snouts with crips, fizzy-bobs, jammie flangers and choccie-fun-buns?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I put as much junk in my maw to sate the insatiable feeling of despair and nothingness, OP.

Well not me actually, I'm swole. But fat Americans.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH5TMCR8etc

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
I blame this on the women. Also Palestinians.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
2/3 of americans are fat + being fat messes up the levels of hormones that tell people they're full = endless snacking?

also cheapness, advertising, aliens, tastiness etc.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
probably because we have money and stuff and don't spend all our time sharing poo poo with poor idiots like europeans

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy
collective unconscious desire to commit passive-aggressive suicide

HTH

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Poverty, the rising cost of food

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

icantfindaname posted:

like holy poo poo junk food is so bad.

now we got a thread

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

bunky posted:

pleasurekevin

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

probably because we have money and stuff and don't spend all our time sharing poo poo with poor idiots like europeans

we don't spend our valuable time cooking actual food, instead we spend it watching network TV, drinking, and eating mcdonalds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

Actually, American eating habits are usually directly related to how little money people have. You have this backwards.

• Locked thread