Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
The Commonwealth Games have just began in Glasgow, its great its like the Olympics only with Britain and all of its current/former colonies and its a real tribute to the massive global superiority we once had. Susan Boyle sang Mul of Kintyre at the opening ceremony and there was a tribute to gay marriage as well as dancing cans of Irn Bru and a Loch Ness monster made out of tyres. Mo Farrah had to pull out due to injury though which was a bit of a shocker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST WAYNES BALLS
Jul 24, 2014
Too bad your dad didn't have that same injury.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

JUST WAYNES BALLS posted:

Too bad your dad didn't have that same injury.

Well I think its just a bit of flu or something like that and I'm sure my dad has had that before p.s. get well soon Mobot.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
Is commonwealth UK for friend of the family? Or poors?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

dontcareaboutname posted:

Is commonwealth UK for friend of the family? Or poors?

Its for anyone that was once or is still a part of our glorious empire everyone from Canada to Jamaica to Australia to Bangladesh. Basically all the cool kids. At the opening ceremony each team was led out by a scottie dog with the flag on its coat which was adorable.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Do they have that event where buff scottish guys throw logs?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
since you only mentioned one not poor country, where people don't murder and rape each other in the streets i'll assume i was right.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Arian_Samurai posted:

Do they have that event where buff scottish guys throw logs?

No I'm sorry the tossing of one's caber is only in things like the Highland Games, its more for real sports such as lawn bowls, rhythmic gymnastics and water polo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

dontcareaboutname posted:

since you only mentioned one not poor country, where people don't murder and rape each other in the streets i'll assume i was right.

Interesting. Perhaps if said nations had not got so rambunctious and remained a part of our empire they would be a little bit more affluent today? Makes you think!

• Locked thread