Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
jerry was a really bad actor though, like almost every serious line he delivered he ended with a weird half smile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Has anyone said that Curb is better? Because it's true.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

hemophilia posted:

Has anyone said that Curb is better? Because it's not true.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

sorry it's better just by virtue of being single cam with no studio audience+canned laughter, but beyond that the jokes and stories are better

Armas Paskiainen
May 8, 2014

Eruonen posted:

you can "get" seinfeld and not think it's funny. i "get" jeff dunham's jokes and he is one of the least funny person on the planet.

not saying all of seinfeld is unfunny and defo not as unfunny as jeff dunham, but it's incredibly overrated

You should probably stop posting.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
This show sounds familiar, but I thought the characters were Martin Van Nostrand, Kel Varnsen, and Art VanDelay?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04BthIBjm1E

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

hemophilia posted:

sorry it's better just by virtue of being single cam with no studio audience+canned laughter, but beyond that the jokes and stories are better

no, it's worse because jason alexander is a better larry david than larry david. also, the improv stuff is very hit and miss and the jokes are more about discomfort for the viewer than actually being funny. no kramer and merv griffin show. no real everyman (jerry) for the audience to experience things through. no one as cute as elaine.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

How's her pussy, by the way?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
in addition, jerry stiller is better than anything at any moment on curb.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This show sounds familiar, but I thought the characters were Martin Van Nostrand, Kel Varnsen, and Art VanDelay?

Daaaaamn

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

no, it's worse because jason alexander is a better larry david than larry david. also, the improv stuff is very hit and miss and the jokes are more about discomfort for the viewer than actually being funny. no kramer and merv griffin show. no real everyman (jerry) for the audience to experience things through. no one as cute as elaine.

Nah, except you're right about Julia Louis-Dreyfus I guess. She looks better in her curb appearances though, probably because 90s fashion is an abomination.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

TheIllestVillain posted:

jerry was a really bad actor though, like almost every serious line he delivered he ended with a weird half smile

I think it kinda works for his character though since his show character is supposed to be a comedian. The weird half smiles seemed in character most of the time tbh.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
8 Ball,

Corner pocket.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Waltzing Along posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EddTylxjNUo

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
seinfeld is really good :)

Selim Sivad
Sep 2, 2008

by Ralp
People who say Seinfeld isn't funny are just being contrarian jizzbuckets. They're like people who claim they don't like the Beatles.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
It's a good show, and it's still funny.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

no, op, YOU'RE GREAT

:thumbsup:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
the most jarring thing about the first couple of seasons is how easily things could have been resolved if everyone had cell phones

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

Curb is nowhere near as consistently funny as Seinfeld but when it's on it is loving hilarious. You just have to find the right episodes.

That would be ANY time Leon shows up in a scene. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi_c6D8SPcE

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

TheIllestVillain posted:

why do people say this

i tried watching the first two seasons and it was horrible

it's way better. But then I'm british and it's basically the US equivalent of Alan Partridge which is better than both anyway.

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
you are soooooo good looking

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD7PvtbkH0I

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I watched Seinfeld last night and it was a buckey of laughs. Thanks for letting me post my opinion, sa

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
laugh tracks, jerry, laugh tracks.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Are they still making good money out of syndication ? Netflix, Jerry, netflix

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Decebal posted:

Are they still making good money out of syndication ? Netflix, Jerry, netflix

Of course they are.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Selim Sivad posted:

People who say Seinfeld isn't funny are just being contrarian jizzbuckets. They're like people who claim they don't like the Beatles.
I think Seinfeld is one of the greatest shows ever created and I can't stand the Beatles. WHAT NOW BITCH???

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Can you hand me a schmeckle of floss?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
ur teh rabid anti dentate m8 B)

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

ur teh rabid anti dentate m8 B)

That's not true, my peopl ehave suffered for 20 years

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Booties posted:

Can you hand me a schmeckle of floss?

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

"Then he pulled it out"

Waltzing Along posted:

He pulled *huh huh* it out.
This isn't funny guys. :mad:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

wa27 posted:

This isn't funny guys. :mad:

u have the body of a taut preteen Swedish boy :)

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Selim Sivad posted:

Thanks for revealing yourself as the living example of "lowest common denominator"

There are probably a few marketing companies who'd LOVE to rack your brains

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

skaboomizzy posted:

the most jarring thing about the first couple of seasons is how easily things could have been resolved if everyone had cell phones

reminder that "the phone" was a sitcom staple up to the early 2000s

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

skaboomizzy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg-TqEFYcfM

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Nuts and Gum posted:

The AMA was on reddit op, don't think jerry is reading these posts.

Jerry and a bunch of mra pua fedora brony transphobes...the thought alone has me spinning in.my grave

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Don't watch Seinfeld in hd cause all they did was lop the tops and bottoms off the frame.

Really claustrophobic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Quickscope420dad posted:

Thanks for revealing yourself as the living example of "lowest common denominator"

There are probably a few marketing companies who'd LOVE to rack your brains

unlike your distinguished tastes for the finest animes

• Locked thread